Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Stir reporting that we are looking at a single kit supplier for United World and are inviting tenders, they mention Errea as possible front runners due to them paying a lump sum up front rather than dictated by sales.

Would be sad to see Adidas go and I would prefer to be associated with a bigger name but looking at some of their kits they do a nice stripe!

Attachments

• d74a50a47eea.jpg
    d74a50a47eea.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 222
  • d763d20e4f14b7b47ea9ebf392de4c62.jpg
    d763d20e4f14b7b47ea9ebf392de4c62.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 228

Some Italian manufacturers are really good but others utter shite imho. Macron for example.

It's a shame we can't break boundaries and get Ennerre.

In fairness to Errea, it's the best kit my son has had in all the teams he's played for in terms of quality and probably look.

I can't see us selling anywhere the range compared to Adidas though. How that balances the financials I don't know.

Stir reporting that we are looking at a single kit supplier for United World and are inviting tenders, they mention Errea as possible front runners due to them paying a lump sum up front rather than dictated by sales.

Would be sad to see Adidas go and I would prefer to be associated with a bigger name but looking at some of their kits they do a nice stripe!

Cwaarr - nothing gets me going more than a good stripe!hqdefault.jpg

best kit manufacturers for design & quality:

Tier 1: Nike, New Balance
Tier 2: Adidas, Puma
Tier 3: Umbro
Tier 4: Everything else

Very disappointed if we are even considering Errea, looks like it belongs in the lost property bin or a market stall. Wouldn’t go near it personally.

£55 for anything for those top 3 tiers is do-able but wouldnt part with anything like that for anything else.

The designs are shit though and it's purely based on templates, rather than giving us a say in tweaking a design of our choice.
Its the main downside to Adidas - very rigid but quality and top name. Lets be honest we are never going to do anything adventurous apart from a 3rd kit though.

Whoever the manufacturer, they just to bring that lickle bit of qualiteh.

In all seriousness, it's about the whole package in terms of club stature and imagine. You want to have an exciting, developing squad, a good ground, an improving training ground, professional social media output, and then a decent quality kit. It isn't a deal maker or breaker, but it is the icing on the cake of appearing like a professional outfit and as an attractive option to player recruitment.

Look at them across the city, their ground is dilapidated, their training ground is nowt to shout about, their academy is unproductive, their squad are mediocre, and their kit looks very cheaply made.

best kit manufacturers for design & quality:

Tier 1: Nike, New Balance
Tier 2: Adidas, Puma
Tier 3: Umbro
Tier 4: Everything else

Very disappointed if we are even considering Errea, looks like it belongs in the lost property bin or a market stall. Wouldn’t go near it personally.

£55 for anything for those top 3 tiers is do-able but wouldnt part with anything like that for anything else.
Hummel?

Surely with the sales they get more from Adidas just cos its Adidas.

I seem to remember our first season with Adidas we sold more that we ever did before.

Clubs making money from selling kits is a myth. Even the likes of Man Utd only get 10-15% of sales so ours will be even less. At least with a lesser known manufacturer we’d be able to negotiate a bigger share especially if it’s for all the other clubs in United world

If nothing else, at least we'll be linked to some fantastic clubs.

Current Errea Kits in the EFL:

QPR:1644570821498.pngCheltenham: 1644570866275.png Lincoln:1644570888063.png

MK Dons: 1644570937143.pngCarlisle: 1644570980680.png Crawley:1644571024766.png

Port Vale:1644571060753.pngRochdale:1644571094346.pngWalsall:1644571136780.png

This is the kit manufacturer I was alluding to on a previous kit thread. It's been decided for a while but now the cat is out of the bag! One good thing is this should allow the club more control over design.
All the United World clubs (apart from Kerala United at the moment) will be made by Errea.

I resigned myself to losing adidas a bit ago. We’ve had 10 years with them that’s quite unusual these days and we couldn’t have done a decade with a better footballing brand. No stripes on the back will always really annoy me and ruins nice kits - this seasons being a prime example. But they’ve given us some incredible shirts - both home and away and some will be certified classics in a few years:

L1 promotion shirts
4-2 at the sty shirt
Champ Purple shirt
Champ White shirt
Champ Fluo shirt
Prem White shirt
Prem Pink shirt
Prem Green shirt
Current Black shirt

Errea. I can’t speak for the quality as I’ve never owned a garment but as far as designs go I actually like them. They did Norwich kits for a while and whilst I don’t like the colours, the designs have been great. Being a kit nerd, I always look closely at things like collar and trim and they seem to keep things simple, usually get it right and in-keeping with the overall design. A lot of brands over complicate things - something Umbro are guilty of with their modern kits.

If we go for a ‘lesser’ brand then Errea are a brand I’ve liked. Macron seem much better than first time round but annoy me with how they have to get their logo everywhere - same with Kappa. That said, Hummel are another brand I like and they themselves have the chevrons down the sleeves. That seems to work quite well though. Hummel also seem very committed to creating shirts and training wear relating to the club and it’s heritage - see Bristol City.

This is the kit manufacturer I was alluding to on a previous kit thread. It's been decided for a while but now the cat is out of the bag! One good thing is this should allow the club more control over design.
All the United World clubs (apart from Kerala United at the moment) will be made by Errea.
Are you saying it’s signed already?

Back
Top Bottom