Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters
I've been thinking recently that i'd like United to have an identity - yeah we have our red and white shirts, but so do many others. We often change the colour of our socks from Red to White to Black. The best kits for me are Black shorts and White socks, but we continue to mix it up.

There was the Morocco v France game in the World Cup where both teams wore tri-colour kits:
View attachment 149724

Man Utd 1st choice colours are Red, White and Black, it's their identity:
View attachment 149725

Hamburg too have their identity in tri-colour kits - White, Red and Blue (with the socks always featuring the chequers on top):
View attachment 149726

So, i'd like United to go as follows:

HOME - Black Shorts, White Socks
AWAY - White Shirt, Black Shorts, Red Socks
THIRD - Free reign, mix it up - but the 1st two kits should always be like that

View attachment 149728View attachment 149727

That would then give us potential to mix up combinations if required - have shorts and socks available in all colours that match the kits. So if we're at Derby or Leeds for example, we just put red or black socks on:

View attachment 149729View attachment 149730

If we're at Sunderland (red socks), we put black or white socks on:
View attachment 149731View attachment 149732

Back to basics please Blades!
Socks and shorts should always match for me. Or at least socks and shorts. It jars my eyes that Chelsea go blue/blue/white. Just go all blue ffs.
Agree about identity though. Think that should be to have black in the shirt with black and red trimmed shorts and socks.
As a left field idea, always wondered about how a bit of yellow or gold, just subtly, in the home shirt would look. Might look shit like 🙈

Socks and shorts should always match for me. Or at least socks and shorts. It jars my eyes that Chelsea go blue/blue/white. Just go all blue ffs.
Agree on solid kits like Chelsea. It would look weird for Liverpool to wear different socks too.

United away at Chelsea looked weird too. We launched the kit with red shorts. We were forced to wear red socks so why not red shorts too?

skysports-callum-robinson-sheffield-united_4760823.jpg

I do like contrast though on kits that shirt/shorts don't match. As long as the shorts don't match the shirt colour, do the socks too

My personal preference, although I'm not sure how many times we've had this overall over the years is black shorts, black socks with white and red trim. Minimalistic and clean.

This is the last year of stripes on the back, supposedly.

In the EFL. 👀

The club’s kit press release was the first time this was mentioned, and we did ask the Football Supporters Association in case they know more from their regular meetings with the EFL. Their response:

“There has been discussion with Clubs with striped shirts to have a panel on the back but this has not come in as a requirement for this season. Consultation continues with Clubs over the visibility of numbers, in respect of legibility and impact on colour-blind fans, and considerations around kit changes generally. Ultimately this will be raised again for Club discussion but no updates likely until end of the season.”

So from that, there’s nothing agreed yet – and perhaps the club’s mention of it had more to do with encouraging sales of this kit. This season the numbers/letters would have benefited though from having a white border to them (as many of the creative types on here have done with their designs) but presumably the club just gets the designs of those given to us by the EFL.

We’ve been trying for weeks (probably a couple of months now) to get our son a home shirt for Christmas. Been checking both shops and website, been nothing available for weeks. I think that’s a bit pathetic in the run up to Christmas, not to have shirts available in kids sizes. Or am I missing something and they actually are available somewhere? Has anyone managed to get a kids shirt recently?

Sorry slightly off topic but why do they do that from row pose?I know I'm getting old but that isn't progress.

We’ve been trying for weeks (probably a couple of months now) to get our son a home shirt for Christmas. Been checking both shops and website, been nothing available for weeks. I think that’s a bit pathetic in the run up to Christmas, not to have shirts available in kids sizes. Or am I missing something and they actually are available somewhere? Has anyone managed to get a kids shirt recently?
Same here fella.

Hate to say it but your better off on that well known chinese site! Pricewise and almost certainly speed going on the current supplies via the shop 😶

Same here fella.

Hate to say it but your better off on that well known chinese site! Pricewise and almost certainly speed going on the current supplies via the shop 😶
Yeh from what I’ve heard my lad is due to receive several worldwide kits from said site, his mother has been all over that. With the United kit though, I thought he could have the real deal and the club could receive income from it. Never mind.

No more stock of any of this seasons kits is being received, I asked today in the club shop.

It would be interesting to see figures for the shirt sales each year split into the different categories (size and age) to see how it varies. I assume each year they order just enough to cover their projected sales so to have sold out before Christmas maybe means there have been significant changes in sales figures? If sales vary wildly from year to year then I can see how this could happen but if sales are fairly constant then maybe somebody messed up the order? Either way would be interesting to know.

They obviously won't re-order mid-season because they'll have minimum quantities they'll have to order which they probably feel would leave them with a lot of stock at the end of the season.

I used to love going down to CCC in the late 1980s early 1990s picking up my cheap overstocked shirt.

It would be interesting to see figures for the shirt sales each year split into the different categories (size and age) to see how it varies. I assume each year they order just enough to cover their projected sales so to have sold out before Christmas maybe means there have been significant changes in sales figures? If sales vary wildly from year to year then I can see how this could happen but if sales are fairly constant then maybe somebody messed up the order? Either way would be interesting to know.

They obviously won't re-order mid-season because they'll have minimum quantities they'll have to order which they probably feel would leave them with a lot of stock at the end of the season.
Nothing to do with that. Shit supplier. Couldn't cope with the demand. 'Covid hurt our supply chain' reason given (although other clubs with Errea got their shirts out on time which kind of questions that narrative somewhat - indeed, other clubs in the United World pyramid got theirs out before us). The fact we've only just got this third kit out and it's nearly the end of the year tells us a lot as well.

Errea might be a good idea for whatever reason the club chose them but I think they needed another year's run-up to get ready for us. Yes the Adidas shirts were templates but they were on time and plentiful, not to mention actually quality. We've seen awful stitching and badges falling off the players shirts. Didn't see that with adidas.

Like I say, financially or whatever other reason United chose might be beneficial, but how many sales have they missed out on by having such low stock? Should have give Errea more time, maybe next season, to get their house in order. We didn't even have an image of the shirt until the week running up to the game.

Shit. Unless Santa brings me any I'm screwed then.
By the new year I'll have nearly £18 club cash to use. If they bring the shirts down to about £25-£30 then I'll be able to get one for as little as £7, so that'll be when I get one to add to the collection, if they've got any in my size of course.

It costs about £10-15 in manufacturing costs to make a shit. I do wonder where the split of that extra £40 goes.

Nothing to do with that. Shit supplier. Couldn't cope with the demand. 'Covid hurt our supply chain' reason given (although other clubs with Errea got their shirts out on time which kind of questions that narrative somewhat - indeed, other clubs in the United World pyramid got theirs out before us). The fact we've only just got this third kit out and it's nearly the end of the year tells us a lot as well.

Errea might be a good idea for whatever reason the club chose them but I think they needed another year's run-up to get ready for us. Yes the Adidas shirts were templates but they were on time and plentiful, not to mention actually quality. We've seen awful stitching and badges falling off the players shirts. Didn't see that with adidas.

Like I say, financially or whatever other reason United chose might be beneficial, but how many sales have they missed out on by having such low stock? Should have give Errea more time, maybe next season, to get their house in order. We didn't even have an image of the shirt until the week running up to the game.

The one thing that's always confused me is after millions of pounds of markets research, and billions of pounds of sales, how is it always the unpopular extreme (xs, 6xl etc) sizes that are left over at the end?

You think after all these years they'd manufacture more M/L/XL as they're always the ones that sell out first, and would be the easiest to shift if there's any unsold at full price.

Baffling

Back
Top Bottom