CONFIRMED Enda Stevens signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks a quality signing, Highly rated by Portsmouth fans, that must be Hussey leaving now, thank god.

Hussey was one of Wilders first signings, normally managers continue to play their signings over and over.
It proves that Wilder has strength of character when his actions show he's made mistakes.
Same with telling Coutts and Freeman they weren't wanted, they impress in training so Wilder swallows his pride and gives them a chance, which they both took.

Just shows that Wilder doesn't have his favourites or players he dislikes and shuts the door permanently.
Everyone is given a chance to impress. Brilliant man management.

I miss the days of Beavon, Morsy, Burn and McFadzean. All this quick signing business is far too efficient for my liking. I much prefer it when it drags out, and then we don't get them anyway.

Stevens: great age, left sided, in the EFL team of the year. Great signing Blades!

It's all going too well. What's round the corner? Billy on a free to the pigs?

Shurrup graf, haven't you heard? It's the Wilder way, identify targets, be relatively patient, know the facts rather than make poor assumptions, and then move onto the next player.......any departures will be with Wilder's approval, so can understand your cynicism, but it's a new day mate, we're finally being managed well for once! UTMB!!!

Glad he's finally over the line. 3 in and it's not even June yet!

All this business of signing players and getting in quick seems quite alien. Wonder what has changed?

Glad he's finally over the line. 3 in and it's not even June yet!

All this business of signing players and getting in quick seems quite alien. Wonder what has changed?

To not being embroiled in the play-offs adds 3-4 weeks to the pre-season - invaluable. If, for example, the pigs knew they were in the PL, they could have acted quickly as and when people come available. My fear was that they'd go for Defoe (who certainly won't be going to a Championship club) and a good manager such as Karanka. But they couldn't. So they didn't. :D

Is that directed at me or Foxy mate?

I'm a fully paid up member of the insomniac's club, so whatever lies in wait I don't sleep well. I doubt we'll have a better manager or vibe than we currently have, so whatever happens the future is optimistic and it's good to be a Blade UTMB!!!

I'm sure it's all blades fella, Adkins and Hammond gave us all sleepless nights I'm sure!!!;)

To not being embroiled in the play-offs adds 3-4 weeks to the pre-season - invaluable. If, for example, the pigs knew they were in the PL, they could have acted quickly as and when people come available. My fear was that they'd go for Defoe (who certainly won't be going to a Championship club) and a good manager such as Karanka. But they couldn't. So they didn't. :D
Why would they want Defoe or Aguero etc, when theyve got Jordon Rhodes and Forrestgumpi!!??

Excellent piece from the Pompey lads, no idea who the scouse comic is but Stevens seems to be well regarded by his team-mates too. We could have two fullbacks who can attack effectively, hope it turns out to be a brilliant signing for the club.
Gary Roberts.

Can't say I knew anything of him until there was word we were interested. The encouraging thing is that he seems like a player that will slot straight into our team. Solid defensively, good with the ball and capable of contributing to attacking play. Nice to see us snapping up some bargains before anyone else comes looking.

Flippin 'eck. A league 2 player signs and we're appeh.

Great work @chrissytufftywhateveryourecalledwilder. Now, one last thing. Get the buggers ON IT!

genuinely can't remember the last time we signed a player who seemed to be held in such a unanimously high regard by the fans of his previous club (Murphy?). had a browse of twitter/the Portsmouth forums and not a seen single bad word said about this guy, seems like a superb signing and the sort of player we'd have missed the boat on in previous years.

Sweet. Nice one...

That's de Enda dat one...

Back
Top Bottom