email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

every time united announce a sell out theres loads of empty seats all round the stadium and they cant all be season ticket holders who havent turned up the block on john st near the away fans is always empty how can it be a sell out ?

every time united announce a sell out theres loads of empty seats all round the stadium and they cant all be season ticket holders who havent turned up the block on john st near the away fans is always empty how can it be a sell out ?

If they have sold all the seats they want to/can sell, it is a sell out. If they can't sell certain tickets in the Kop, won't sell tickets right next to the away fans, or people don't turn up, it doesn't make it not sold out.

There are parts of the ground where the stadium’s safety certificate has capacity restrictions – it’s a condition of this that they not be sold without permission of the SAG. It’s fairly obvious which these are by eye, but fwiw those listed are as follows:
  • A-J 210-217 on the JSS
  • A-O 180-193 on the South Stand
  • L 13-18 & T 12-18 on the BL Lower
  • N1-2 to W1-2, and A13-131
  • 245 restricted view seats on the Kop (not related to current situation).
We sell out when the tickets we can sell have sold. I’m not sure there has been a scenario since the ground went all seater where every single physical seat in the stadium has been sold.

The club stated it was a sellout yesterday. but looking around seats in the T/C stand were empty, a few in the corner, and it looked like The first couple of rows in the Bramall upper stand were also empty. the seats on the Kop are also empty. not counting Bramall Lane lower2.just over 29k was the attendance.so another 2k could have been sold. you would have thought they would be getting as many fans as possible in. The club needs the money don,t they?
Loads of families go away at Easter so alot of ST holders won't have gone this weekend.

Why pay for a season ticket and not go to the matches? surely that is a waste of money. plenty of time for holidays in the close season.

Why pay for a season ticket and not go to the matches? surely that is a waste of money. plenty of time for holidays in the close season.

I have missed probably 4-5 games this season for various reasons. It is still saving me a fortune compared to paying on the gate.

It depends on your priorities. There are many things in life more important than watching the Blades, I didn't realise this a younger man but it dawned on me eventually.

Thats fair enough. pity the club don,t have shame like most clubs in the premier league. Let the club know you can't go to a certain game. They will sell your ticket and then get some money back.the club take a small commision.

Thats fair enough. pity the club don,t have shame like most clubs in the premier league. Let the club know you can't go to a certain game.th

There are parts of the ground where the stadium’s safety certificate has capacity restrictions – it’s a condition of this that they not be sold without permission of the SAG. It’s fairly obvious which these are by eye, but fwiw those listed are as follows:
  • A-J 210-217 on the JSS
We sell out when the tickets we can sell have sold. I’m not sure there has been a scenario since the ground went all seater where every single physical seat in the stadium has been sold.
Any idea what these 'safety reasons' might be?

Also, last time we got promoted, it seemed that a lot of the forbidden seats went on sale. And were taken off sale again following relegation. Not sure what that's all about,

Any idea what these 'safety reasons' might be?

Also, last time we got promoted, it seemed that a lot of the forbidden seats went on sale. And were taken off sale again following relegation. Not sure what that's all about,
It’s not that they can’t ever be sold, just that they only get sold if requested and approved to be, and that’ll probably only happen on occasions it’s sold out ahead of the day. The reason they’re not is either the club hasn’t asked (either because it’s not fussed or perhaps doesn’t hold much hope in them being made available) or they have asked and the areas in question have been considered an unnecessary risk to sell for that occasion. The sections in question at BLL/JSS do feel really near together – it’s probably thought of as a potential flare-up point by SAG (and could be a result of stuff that’s happened there before). Presumably there was flexibility last May when both areas were for United fans.

Reactions: Dkc
you don't go to the pictures and watch half the screen, do you?

You don't go the pictures and sit in someone else's seat, or do you.

Happened to me once and also on the South stand for a cup game "just sit anywhere" say the cnuts, so you do then someone else turns up and says that's my seat.

Idiots, twats, and imbeciles.

Thats fair enough. pity the club don,t have shame like most clubs in the premier league. Let the club know you can't go to a certain game. They will sell your ticket and then get some money back.the club take a small commision.

Though given most games don't sell out why add the extra administrative nightmare.
If every game sold out then maybe the club would consider it.

If they have sold all the seats they want to/can sell, it is a sell out. If they can't sell certain tickets in the Kop, won't sell tickets right next to the away fans, or people don't turn up, it doesn't make it not sold out.
it makes us look stupid though when commentators say its a sell out crowd when it clearly isnt on tv screens

Maybe because we have no where near enough demand for that, we'd have to be selling out every single game in good time to be able to do that. The club obviously needs to sell all the seats available before being able to start selling people's seats and making much less money doing it.

it will be interesting next season when were in the premier league to see how many of these (empty seats) have bodies in em when demand for tickets will be substantially higher 🤔

• A-J 210-217 on the JSS
Wigan 2007 was just about completely sold out.

Another update:

• Following the successful trial over the past couple of the matches, and with the support of Sheffield City Council (SCC) and the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA), Sheffield United will fully open the Kop for the important EFL Championship fixture against West Bromwich Albion
  • Tickets are now on sale and we are delighted to give as many Unitedites as possible the opportunity to watch the game
  • The stewarding plan / enhanced ticket checking will remain in place – SUFC, SCC and SGSA will review after the West Bromwich Albion fixture and make a decision with regards to the home encounter with Preston North End
  • Sheffield United would like to thank supporters for their conduct and assistance in this area and hope to work together on future initiatives

There will always be empty seats. My son and i have season tickets but do not live in Sheffield. Getting to evening kick offs are dependant on whether we can get off work early to travel up in time for the game. We don't even try if it is a Friday night kick off unless we can get off at lunch time as the roads are inevitably blocked on a Friday. Motorway night closures make returning home a nightmare so in the depth of winter we don't bother. I would galdy give my ticket away or even allow the club to resell. I am not looking for money back but would quite like the ticket to go to someone who would otherwise be unable to go go to the game because of their financial situation. But the club does not offer a scheme that allows this. It will be worse if we get to the Premier League with games moved to accommodate TV especially if these are late changes.

There will always be empty seats. My son and i have season tickets but do not live in Sheffield. Getting to evening kick offs are dependant on whether we can get off work early to travel up in time for the game. We don't even try if it is a Friday night kick off unless we can get off at lunch time as the roads are inevitably blocked on a Friday. Motorway night closures make returning home a nightmare so in the depth of winter we don't bother. I would galdy give my ticket away or even allow the club to resell. I am not looking for money back but would quite like the ticket to go to someone who would otherwise be unable to go go to the game because of their financial situation. But the club does not offer a scheme that allows this. It will be worse if we get to the Premier League with games moved to accommodate TV especially if these are late changes.
Other clubs offer such schemes. Maybe something United need to look at. Particularly as we'll be selling out most weeks next season

We got ordered by Sag and Sheffield city council not to sell seats at the Kop end because of fans not sitting were they supposed to. then we are told not to enter the pitch to celebrate promotion against west brom then Preston in the last match was very well observed even the pigeons weren't don't pitch either. we get a thank you. Then at the stadium of Rust, the Wendyites invade the pitch nowt said. if that happened at Bramall Lane the Star would be all over it. then we would have got the Kop close for the start of next season. just shows how biased the council and sag are.

Council have always been infested by wendy’s

Maybe they are scared of the bad publicity of bias now we are back in the premier league.

They will find it difficult to impose that crap again because other clubs fans have done far worse….like the Scabs and not one seat was restricted

We got ordered by Sag and Sheffield city council not to sell seats at the Kop end because of fans not sitting were they supposed to. then we are told not to enter the pitch to celebrate promotion against west brom then Preston in the last match was very well observed even the pigeons weren't don't pitch either. we get a thank you. Then at the stadium of Rust, the Wendyites invade the pitch nowt said. if that happened at Bramall Lane the Star would be all over it. then we would have got the Kop close for the start of next season. just shows how biased the council and sag are.
yeah spot on post and things wont change in sheffield every united fan knows that sheffield council sheffield star and sag favour the snortbeasts always have done and always will all of em couldnt make it more obvious if they tried utb ftp

We didn't get ordered by SAG or the Council, we voluntarily imposed the restrictions ourselves because of the potential impact of not solving overcrowding issues. I.e. reduced capacity and areas of the ground closed. Wednesday already have these restrictions imposed on them and have large areas of the ground unusable, albeit for different reasons. But the garbage trotted out about bias in the council and SAG is misguided at best.

TBH I don’t think the current council like any sports teams in Sheffield, without a doubt in the past when that utter shitcunt Betts was in charge they did favour the pigs (vetoing an open top promotion parade for us in 1990 on safety grounds, then allowing the pigs one in 1991)

Current SAG have closed swathes of seats at the sty in recent years.

This council makes no use of the unique sporting heritage of this city full stop.

Hopefully the decision also means we will now sell more STs on the Kop and we are not holding 2-2.5k back for matchday sales at £40 or whatever. Great chance to ensure big crowds for the lesser games and loyal fans of the future as well as keeping a good chunk back for matchday sales for those who can only make the odd game.

Back
Top Bottom