email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There will be season ticket holders in those top 7 rows.

Apart from near gangway A where you're facing the South stand.
Linz did explain that the club have only released half the non season ticket holder Kop tickets to the end of the season, so there'll still be 750 empty seats on the Kop.
Suspect tomorrow they'll be plenty of empty seats at the top of gangway A and all the way down near the wall from the top of the stand to the bottom.

Last edited:

Just split the away end, it’s been fine before
Add 1000 tickets to the south stand side
East
too late as usual if anybody at the lane had any savvy about em this would have been discussed 2 weeks ago other clubs do this when theres not a big away following and i think those 1000 tickets would have sold easily big big game this one tomorrow

too late as usual if anybody at the lane had any savvy about em this would have been discussed 2 weeks ago other clubs do this when theres not a big away following and i think those 1000 tickets would have sold easily big big game this one tomorrow

If only you’d suggested it a few weeks ago. But then you wouldn’t have a parade to rain on.

We'd only do this if we'd sold out weeks b4.

The concourse needs slpitting. If you look at away support they sell central outwards.

Would need sag approval, extra police.

We did it for Chesterfield as an exception.

Funny isn't it that restrictions brought in by the so-called "Safety Advisory Committee" have led to a situation where the only option for Blades fans wanting to see the game tomorrow is to go in with the Wigan fans who can pay on the day. While 750 seats remain unavailable on the Kop in addition to randomly-closed rows of seats on the BL Stand. Still, it's all for our 'safety'.

Only about half a dozen seats for sale are left on the Kop. I notice all the seats around those two poles all restricted views have all been sold. yet some seats with a clear view will be empty because of the ban. ironic int it.

And home games v Cardiff, West Brom and Preston still to come. All likely to be sell-outs so 750 fans will miss out if the restrictions continue.

Good news. Our last home game on Saturday April 29th will remain at 3pm.

We'd only do this if we'd sold out weeks b4.

The concourse needs slpitting. If you look at away support they sell central outwards.

Would need sag approval, extra police.

We did it for Chesterfield as an exception.
If i remember rightly , Chezzy only sold 600 tickets for that match ( already relegated ) , Wigan have sold more than 1250 and have pay on the day option .

Many fans are pissed off at being told what to do - especially when there is no major safety issue that anyone can see.
How old are they? If this is really the issue then they seriously need to grow up. If you don’t like the stipulations then don’t go. It really isn’t hard.
You need to occupy your allocated seat. If you want to sit with all your mates then buy tickets together. If you want to sit where someone else already is then you need to find somewhere else while it becomes available.

Only about half a dozen seats for sale are left on the Kop. I notice all the seats around those two poles all restricted views have all been sold. yet some seats with a clear view will be empty because of the ban. ironic int it.
Have we really not put the restricted view seats in the 750 that are not being sold?
Surely not.
In a game where we’re trying to prove we’ve tackled the issue of seat migration that would be ridiculous. I’m sure we must have designated the rv seats as part of the unsold 750. I mean, we’re not stupid …

Yes, the restricted seats around the two poles on the Kop have all been sold. clear view seat has not. I think that is a disgrace could backfire on the club. I would not blame anyone for looking around the seats and sea them empty. Will go and sit there. you don't go to the pictures and watch half the screen, do you?

Yes, the restricted seats around the two poles on the Kop have all been sold. clear view seat has not. I think that is a disgrace could backfire on the club. I would not blame anyone for looking around the seats and sea them empty. Will go and sit there. you don't go to the pictures and watch half the screen, do you?

Maybe it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

I believe most of the unsold 750 Kop tickets have a great view of the South stand.
They are those very close to the wall at the gangway A side of the Kop.

Can't see many of the those sat near the 2 poles, prefer to move to these unoccupied seats near the wall.

Last edited:

Why didn't they make the poles see-through? Oversight by Henry Boot there.

Good news. Our last home game on Saturday April 29th will remain at 3pm.

And, perhaps importantly, Boro will kick off at the same time.

This does feel like an indication the Sky think the promotion race will be done and dusted by that weekend.

The club stated it was a sellout yesterday. but looking around seats in the T/C stand were empty, a few in the corner, and it looked like The first couple of rows in the Bramall upper stand were also empty. the seats on the Kop are also empty. not counting Bramall Lane lower2.just over 29k was the attendance.so another 2k could have been sold. you would have thought they would be getting as many fans as possible in. The club needs the money don,t they?

The club stated it was a sellout yesterday. but looking around seats in the T/C stand were empty, a few in the corner, and it looked like The first couple of rows in the Bramall upper stand were also empty. the seats on the Kop are also empty. not counting Bramall Lane lower2.just over 29k was the attendance.so another 2k could have been sold. you would have thought they would be getting as many fans as possible in. The club needs the money don,t they?
Bramall Lane side of John St looked very empty on TV. Have those seats been taken off sale?

Daft restrictions on the BLUT have existed for a while. Bottom rows are never on sale for some reason.

Most people who usually sit near me on the South Stand had fucked off on holiday for Easter it would seem.

A section in the TC stand a section at the end of the John Street ,a section to the end of the bramall lane upper and the front rows bl upper ,all to do with the safety advisory board ,

Reactions: Dkc

If someone has a season ticket and doesn't show up for a game, do the club refund them?

1600 empty seats in the away end, 750 on the kop still not allowed to be sold. Obviously a hell of a lot of St holders won't attend on good Friday for holiday reasons.

A section in the TC stand a section at the end of the John Street ,a section to the end of the bramall lane upper and the front rows bl upper ,all to do with the safety advisory board ,
Does anyone know the 'official' reasons why these areas are closed? Is it not enough that everyone is filmed?

I can't see any reason why sections on the BLUT, JS and South stands that have been open before (without incident) should be closed.

Why can't they just explain the reasons to us? It would be a start.

Must be losing a hell of a lot of money not selling tickets. This is stopping potential lifelong Blades who want to go to games.
It seems the ticket office is not bothered. or is it the CEO whoever it is running the club day to day?

Does anyone know the 'official' reasons why these areas are closed? Is it not enough that everyone is filmed?

I can't see any reason why sections on the BLUT, JS and South stands that have been open before (without incident) should be closed.

Why can't they just explain the reasons to us? It would be a start.

Agree....the weird thing is....
as soon as we're in the Premier League all these restrictions are magically lifted.

Our record all seater attendance was a sell-out 32,604 at the Wigan game in 2007 when we were relegated under Warnock.
I believe that we've lost a few hundred seats when we last entered the Premier League
and our record attendance in our recent spell in the PL in 2020 was a sell-out 32,024 against Man Utd.

Last edited:

Bramall Lane side of John St looked very empty on TV. Have those seats been taken off sale?

Daft restrictions on the BLUT have existed for a while. Bottom rows are never on sale for some reason.
Never mind the front row , there was a huge block of empty seats at the John Street side of the BLUT which had clearly not been sold - also an area high up in the centre.
Also the big block of seats in the Family corner which from the Kop seem to be directly hidden from the pitch by a huge brick wall - fuck knows who designed that corner , it's useless.
Anyway , not to worry , all part of the BDTBL historic charm + gate money from an extra couple of thousand is not really significant in the Prem.
Ground expansion/improvements are bottom of a very long priority list should we manage to go up.

Back
Top Bottom