email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SCC is a pure pig based woke bunch of criminals.
We need to operate under their dictats to avoid sanctions.
There arent really any other options outside Kalishnikovs.

havent clubs got to keep a certain percentage of tickets available for matchday sales

There are parts of the ground where the stadium’s safety certificate has capacity restrictions – it’s a condition of this that they not be sold without permission of the SAG. It’s fairly obvious which these are by eye, but fwiw those listed are as follows:
  • A-J 210-217 on the JSS
  • A-O 180-193 on the South Stand
  • L 13-18 & T 12-18 on the BL Lower
  • N1-2 to W1-2, and A13-131
  • 245 restricted view seats on the Kop (not related to current situation).
We sell out when the tickets we can sell have sold. I’m not sure there has been a scenario since the ground went all seater where every single physical seat in the stadium has been sold.

When some Geordies complained that the death trap nearly killed them a few months ago I posted what would happen

Sanctions in the home sections at Bramall Lane that affects United fans greatly, and a miserly reduction in the Leppings Lane end that doesn't affect them at all

I don't care how unpopular it would be, if I was a multi billionaire Sheffield United would have "Sheffield" dropped from its name, the oldest United would be called exactly that, United.

I'd also move the club outside it boundary as well, the cunts don't deserve us

A question that would be quicker to answer is
“Out of interest which councillors are not pig fans”
How so ? the truth is that no one knows the allegiances of all the councillors so statements such as the council is biased one way or the other is the same kind of shit that people say that Radio Sheffield are biased to towards the pigs.

How so ? the truth is that no one knows the allegiances of all the councillors so statements such as the council is biased one way or the other is the same kind of shit that people say that Radio Sheffield are biased to towards the pigs.
More on here will disagree with you. Always been biased against us too numerous to go through goes back decades

Though given most games don't sell out why add the extra administrative nightmare.
If every game sold out then maybe the club would consider it.
With only 32k capacity , Every game better sell out next season in the PL - if not , Sheffield , with 500k population
, doesn't deserve a PL team.
FFS , we used to get 40k in 1972

SCC is a pure pig based woke bunch of criminals.
We need to operate under their dictats to avoid sanctions.
There arent really any other options outside Kalishnikovs.
There is a long history of SCC being stuck in the mud , anti-business nutters who've held the city back for decades.
A past Chairman of Siemens is a personal friend. A Sheffield lad who , when Siemens wanted to establish a large HQ in the North , wanted to build it in Sheffield , despite the easier option & airport connections of Manchester.
But the negotiations SCC were so intransigent in their attitude , they fucked up yet another golden opportunity to bring employment & prosperity to the city.
So it now sits proudly in Manchester where I happen to live.
When I drive past , I cannot help but feel sorrow for my city and the way it has been left behind by Newcastle , Leeds , Manchester etc

havent clubs got to keep a certain percentage of tickets available for matchday sales
I'm sure you're correct , but I'd love to know the number for the Lane.
We have almost 3k matchday tickets permanently available in the BLUT , which provides occasional attenders with arguably the best view in the ground , which is a good idea as they get value for money + so should become regulars.
Do we really need to hold back as many as 3k ?
Yet we hold back not only that 3k but also quite a lot on the kop.
I wonder
Who imposes this rule and what does it seek to achieve ?
When we hold back , say , 5k , are the club holding back only the minimum to satisfy the rule , or more than the rule requires ?
If more than the minimum , why ?
Maybe Foxy or Linz could raise these questions of the club ?

Sheffield over 648k now
But less than 5% come to the Lane ?
That's embarrassing for the home of football. Less than 10% go to football in Sheffield as a whole , if you include Swillsborough.
And that's without counting the catchment area of South Yorkshire.
20% of Burnley's population attend Turf Moor , that's double in percentage terms !
Them's the figures I'd show to a billionaire - build me a 50k stadium + the marketing dept will fill it if you keep us in the PL - Sheffield is full of untapped potential + I want us to grab it before the pigs.

There is a long history of SCC being stuck in the mud , anti-business nutters who've held the city back for decades.
A past Chairman of Siemens is a personal friend. A Sheffield lad who , when Siemens wanted to establish a large HQ in the North , wanted to build it in Sheffield , despite the easier option & airport connections of Manchester.
But the negotiations SCC were so intransigent in their attitude , they fucked up yet another golden opportunity to bring employment & prosperity to the city.
So it now sits proudly in Manchester where I happen to live.
When I drive past , I cannot help but feel sorrow for my city and the way it has been left behind by Newcastle , Leeds , Manchester etc
This is a common view that the Council are anti-business and I take your point that Sheffield City Centre lacks behind others but things are changing and Sheffield City Council are heavily involved in it with the Heart of the City (2) on the way and as you'll no doubt know there is lots of development going on right now in the centre which will vastly improve our city centre.

This is a common view that the Council are anti-business and I take your point that Sheffield City Centre lacks behind others but things are changing and Sheffield City Council are heavily involved in it with the Heart of the City (2) on the way and as you'll no doubt know there is lots of development going on right now in the centre which will vastly improve our city centre.

Thanks for that + I'm glad to hear it.
Being 65 and with no surviving family in Sheffield , I visit only for matches at the Lane with a retired mate from Whirlow , so I know little of the developments mentioned.
IMO there is nowhere in Manchester as attractive as South-West Sheffield , but I can't seem to persuade my Lancashire Lassie to retire there to make my matchdays easier 🙄

I think the clubs can set the number of away fans in the premier league ours set at 2,700 Bramall Lane lower tier. last season anyway. unless now changed. What could be a problem is the home fans have to mix with away fans. because the turnstiles are near for both sets of fans.so I imagine the council and sag will be on to that. make the whole Bramall Lane stand-away fan only. That could cause another problem regarding the corner between Tony Currie stand and Bramall Lane stand. so if they close that as well we've got a big problem. I m hoping this problem does not occur. but we will have to wait and see.

I'm sure you're correct , but I'd love to know the number for the Lane.
We have almost 3k matchday tickets permanently available in the BLUT , which provides occasional attenders with arguably the best view in the ground , which is a good idea as they get value for money + so should become regulars.
Do we really need to hold back as many as 3k ?
Yet we hold back not only that 3k but also quite a lot on the kop.
I wonder
Who imposes this rule and what does it seek to achieve ?
When we hold back , say , 5k , are the club holding back only the minimum to satisfy the rule , or more than the rule requires ?
If more than the minimum , why ?
Maybe Foxy or Linz could raise these questions of the club ?
It may be under the misguided notion that fans (aka customers and revenue makers) are fools and will turn up whatever the opposition and however crap we are next season for the chance of seeing premier league football. They may be calculating that selling an average of say 70% matchday tickets earns a few more quid than selling a few thousand more season tickets. Getting 6,000 non regular fans to pay £40 to watch us play Fulham on a cold Monday night when it is on the telly aint going to be easy

Very shortsighted view of growing the fan base, demoralising and shite potentially seeing thousands of empty seats for the less glamorous games and a poorer atmosphere in a season when we'll need every help we can get.

We've had the novelty of the prem a couple of years ago and the club may be making yet another ticket selling error following on from the Wembley debacle.
Hopefully they'll see sense and get new fans and part time fans onto STs. We could look back in years to come when we have been overtaken by the pigs and wonder why we didn't take the chance to cement ourselves as the best supported club in Sheffield and all the spin offs that brings.

I go into the new Cubo build to go to Restart very nice offices. The new Black Building across the road a bit further down very impressive building. the whole area looks very smart indeed.

I think the clubs can set the number of away fans in the premier league ours set at 2,700 Bramall Lane lower tier. last season anyway. unless now changed. What could be a problem is the home fans have to mix with away fans. because the turnstiles are near for both sets of fans.so I imagine the council and sag will be on to that. make the whole Bramall Lane stand-away fan only. That could cause another problem regarding the corner between Tony Currie stand and Bramall Lane stand. so if they close that as well we've got a big problem. I m hoping this problem does not occur. but we will have to wait and see.
The formidable SYP have dealt with this since the 1970s - they claim to be making progress and promise to have it under control by the end of the decade.
Joking apart , there will always be some corner at which exiting opposing fans mingle and the simplest solution is to hold away fans back at the end for 10 minutes.
If that's unpalatable , just have a few bobbies/horses outside to keep order.
Whenever I've sat in the BLUT , I come out + turn left towards the hotel - never had a problem - it's obvious you shouldn't choose to plough through 3k away fans who are trying to get on their coaches.

united have to be careful with matchday pricing if we make it too high a price we wont sell all our tickets

It may be under the misguided notion that fans (aka customers and revenue makers) are fools and will turn up whatever the opposition and however crap we are next season for the chance of seeing premier league football. They may be calculating that selling an average of say 70% matchday tickets earns a few more quid than selling a few thousand more season tickets. Getting 6,000 non regular fans to pay £40 to watch us play Fulham on a cold Monday night when it is on the telly aint going to be easy

Very shortsighted view of growing the fan base, demoralising and shite potentially seeing thousands of empty seats for the less glamorous games and a poorer atmosphere in a season when we'll need every help we can get.

We've had the novelty of the prem a couple of years ago and the club may be making yet another ticket selling error following on from the Wembley debacle.
Hopefully they'll see sense and get new fans and part time fans onto STs. We could look back in years to come when we have been overtaken by the pigs and wonder why we didn't take the chance to cement ourselves as the best supported club in Sheffield and all the spin offs that brings.
Until we get proper investment from a wealthy new owner taking a long term view , we'll continue with short-term decisions due to cash shortage.
So if the decision to restrict STs is a financial one , I may not agree with it but I could understand it.
It is extremely frustrating that since 2017 we have been relatively successful but cannot capitalise coz the ground is old & too expensive to extend without new investment.
It's the old old story of who dares wins. Opportunities for long-term transition into a bigger brighter future go unseized because the seed-capital isn't available.
Fingers still crossed that someone with vision & cash will see us as something which could blossom with a bit of fertilizer.

united have to be careful with matchday pricing if we make it too high a price we wont sell all our tickets
Our gates have always been more susceptible than other clubs to ticket price increases.
Fortunately the PL TV income helps us to keep them down.

To be fair the club has done well in keeping the cost of tickets down. I renewed my season ticket for the over-sixties and paid £268 on the Kop. not bad for the premier league. compared to the tickets for the Stadium of Rust. mind you those deluded twats will because they think they are massive. mind the gap wendyites.

Until we get proper investment from a wealthy new owner taking a long term view , we'll continue with short-term decisions due to cash shortage.
So if the decision to restrict STs is a financial one , I may not agree with it but I could understand it.
It is extremely frustrating that since 2017 we have been relatively successful but cannot capitalise coz the ground is old & too expensive to extend without new investment.
It's the old old story of who dares wins. Opportunities for long-term transition into a bigger brighter future go unseized because the seed-capital isn't available.
Fingers still crossed that someone with vision & cash will see us as something which could blossom with a bit of fertilizer.
I could understand it if we weren't talking about relatively small amounts of money in relation to the club's income - players wages, agents income etc - in exchange for the short term gain of being backed by more fans and longer term growing the club. If United have calculated on large matchday sales I think they have again overestimated demand. Even if selling a few thousand more STs costs the same to us as a few weeks weeks of one player's wages surely we can handle that for the benefits it brings.

More on here will disagree with you. Always been biased against us too numerous to go through goes back decades

Maybe I’ve got a shit memory, but I’m struggling to remember when the council have shown bias. Can you give a few examples?

After the last promotion there was a renewal stage and that was your lot. There was a lot of annoyed people.

To be fair the club has done well in keeping the cost of tickets down. I renewed my season ticket for the over-sixties and paid £268 on the Kop. not bad for the premier league. compared to the tickets for the Stadium of Rust. mind you those deluded twats will because they think they are massive. mind the gap wendyites.
uniteds season ticket prices have been fantastic for years but matchday pricing has been too high imo hopefully with the premier league money we can keep them reasonable this season especially with away tickets capped at 30 quid

Back
Top Bottom