EGAN

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Out of contract supposedly.

Though I do highly suspect he could be one of the options we have.
Agreed but I also don't think we will take up the option to extend on current terms given that he's probably right at the top of the wage chart. Rightly or wrongly there will be an opinion that he's not worth it given recent availability and form.

Yeah, as stated on another thread I can't imagine we don't offer Egan an extension (if we don't have an option already) and I'd be perfectly happy with him at least while we're in the Championship

We’ve been shit defensively this season for various reasons and while Egan is not a World beater and needs to prove his fitness, I would rather have him in a back line than someone like Trusty
I totally agree but I do worry that Egan’s lack of pace will get found out in the Championship as he is now a year older and will be a year slower. I hope I am wrong. As for Trusty 😵‍💫

I think if we are looking to have Egan, Robinson and Holgate ( would seem a no brainer as a loan), we need to be spending a little cash on a younger defende or two as well. Otherwise we are just digging ourselves further holes down the line, in terms of squad building and developing players with re-sale value. Plus after this season, I think we have to realise the importance of investing in the defence, in case of any future promotion.

I totally agree but I do worry that Egan’s lack of pace will get found out in the Championship as he is now a year older and will be a year slower. I hope I am wrong. As for Trusty 😵‍💫

Egan's lack of pace has been known about since, at a minimum, 2019. Championship clubs in general do not have the players to exploit it. And as for Trusty, he showed himself to be a more than competent Championship defender at Birmingham. You do not become a shit player just because you are playing against better players, no matter how much some of our fans think that is the case.

We’ve been shit defensively this season for various reasons and while Egan is not a World beater and needs to prove his fitness, I would rather have him in a back line than someone like Trusty

This is his first long term injury he has ever had with us.

He, Norwood along with Sharp seemed to stay fit forever.

Our 2019 promotion team seemed to be unchanged almost every week. The same the following season with slightly different personnel.

I think with him and Robbo together we have a genuine chance of being hard to beat in the Championship if they get the right partner.

McNair, Dunne, Kipre or Holgate on loan would all be reasonable options in my view.
Egan was crap alongside Anel. Since he's been injured Captain Anel had been crap alongside everyone. Maybe there's hope for our defence if Egan returns, but I doubt it as Wilder doesn't have the balls to drop out of form players.

Egan was crap alongside Anel. Since he's been injured Captain Anel had been crap alongside everyone. Maybe there's hope for our defence if Egan returns, but I doubt it as Wilder doesn't have the balls to drop out of form players.
Lets face it ,Egan has been crap for a long time.When he got injured some of us were happy for him to be out of the team.

Lets face it ,Egan has been crap for a long time.When he got injured some of us were happy for him to be out of the team.
He could have done better against Forest late on. But that's before we realised that without him we'd be shipping 5s and 6s.

Then again, I'd forgotten he was part of the Newcastle collapse (bites tongue to not mention the first 3 Geordie goals shouldn't have been given).

He's managed to get serious injuries twice now against West Ham. What a strange one that is.

In a good team he'll be ok, but he wasn't a shining light in a struggling team this time or last time out.

I think the issue is simply this - we are effectively "Kick the can down the road FC" under the current owner. So taking Egan, who we know is good in the Championship can still make sense if he's fit.

I think we will offer him a deal on reduced terms and he’ll say no.

Egan is one of many players that I don't rate and often question why some of our fans overhype them. Baldock I have mixed feelings with. He infuriates me going forward but you can never criticise his effort, desire, attitude or tenacity. Others, like Norwood, I sit and scratch me head when fans continually harp on about how good he is, when all I've ever seen is inconsistency. One match he's great, the next you question if he's even on the pitch. Same with Sander (one good game every four) Berge, one player I don't miss at all as there was little to miss overall.

Egan is one of many players that I don't rate and often question why some of our fans overhype them. Baldock I have mixed feelings with. He infuriates me going forward but you can never criticise his effort, desire, attitude or tenacity. Others, like Norwood, I sit and scratch me head when fans continually harp on about how good he is, when all I've ever seen is inconsistency. One match he's great, the next you question if he's even on the pitch. Same with Sander (one good game every four) Berge, one player I don't miss at all as there was little to miss overall.
Have I time travelled back to 2019? I genuinely can’t remember the last positive comment I saw about Norwood. And say what you like about Egan, no chance we’d have taken as many dry humpings without his injury. A lot of our defensive problems are down to chaotic disorganisation, something Egan largely sorts out.

Simple question - do you watch the games?

Assuming he’s going to be as good as he was before this long term injury will lead to us repeating past mistakes like with Stevens and Fleck.

We need to be planning to bring someone in who’s both good enough for the Championship and has the potential to grow and play in the top flight. Otherwise, we may well be back to square one again come August 2025.

I do agree. But don’t see any of them being long term for us especially if we are to become a yoyo team.

Egans wages will be huge and could the money be spent better elsewhere on someone else? Down to recruitment team to either find someone or sign him up.

Back
Top Bottom