East end of nothingness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It is pretty poor. I was in the upper tier, about half way up. Lifeless, poorly converted stadium. I now know why so many Hammers I know just stopped going.

Another one from yesterday, look at the the 60 year old virgin with a Carlos tevez flag, what goes through your mind to get that to a match. A steward said to us I hope you lot kick fuck out of those dickheads, don't think he was a hammer :)

IMG_20191026_145659.jpg

Their attendances seem pretty impressive still though. 66k ish yesterday?

Are they mainly tourists, stopping off on the way to The London Eye?

Another one from yesterday, look at the the 60 year old virgin with a Carlos tevez flag, what goes through your mind to get that to a match. A steward said to us I hope you lot kick fuck out of those dickheads, don't think he was a hammer :)

View attachment 63267
It might be my eyesight, but I can't even see a Carlos Tevez flag in the photo! 😀

It might be my eyesight, but I can't even see a Carlos Tevez flag in the photo! 😀
Big picture of the fanny magnet ,right in the middle. He never stopped waving it at us from the 15 minutes before kick off when we got to the 15 minutes after as we tried to get out ,down the steepest steps I can remember at a ground.

My daughter who lives in London got me and my mate 2 tickets in their end - unfortunately we were sat just in fron to the guy with the Tevez flag. He tried to tie it to a post but the stewards TBF made him take it down.

What was really sad was that there were 20 or so WHU fans near us who hardly watched the game - just spent their time goading the Blades lads and lasses, which ceased once we had equalised.

Great shame whats happened to a good 'old fashioned London team' - hard to believe there was nearly 60,000 there and there's a waiting list for season tickets...!

Give me 30,000 at the Lane and our atmosphere any day.

Tarks

View attachment 63267
In the live feed the camera zoomed in on this twat for a good minute, didn't look the brightest spark if I'm honest!

In the live feed the camera zoomed in on this twat for a good minute, didn't look the brightest spark if I'm honest!
Wasn't that a guy holding a shirt with Tevez written on it rather than a flag?

He also looked like the results of a fumble between a cockney brother and sister.

Brighton at the Withdean and Rotherham at Don Valley are two more that spring to mind

I feel sorry for them, they really have had a proper working class traditional club taken away from them.

Tevez is ancient history now, yes they cheated and got away with it, but we've now played em twice and we're back in the prem.

But I lived down there and have quite a few west ham mates, they are (well used to be) a proper club, quite similar to us. Traditional working class fan base, proper support, can take a laugh at themselves, I really quite liked West Ham before Tevez, and I'd hate to see our club go the same soulless way.

View attachment 63267

Was that taken during the match? Empty seats galore and she’s on her phone...

I don't think the Madjeski is a bad modern bowl, it's just located in a soulless business park which makes it just about impossible to have a decent whole day football experience. As a stadium, the London abomination is much worse. Ironic in a way because the reason it is so appalling is down to the arrogance of pig boy Coe, who was determined to build a lasting legacy for Athletics after the 2012 Olympics so we got a nasty cheap looking Athletics stadium that was bugger all use as anything else. The contrast in approach to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester couldn't be greater where the main stadium was built as a football stadium that could be temporarily adapted for use as an Athletics stadium for the event itself.

Aye, it's the position of the Madjeski that's shit.

I have no problem with wet spam but really feel for them losing the Boylyn Ground (Upton Park) and moved to this soulless heap of rubble decent fans that have been royally shagged by their owners.

2F07A7FF-423B-4FEF-8BFA-7DFB587D87C6.jpeg
Got to say I’ve never been so relaxed watching us defend the opposite goal as I couldn’t see a single fucking thing of what was happening.

I thought Robinson had hit the post with his header until I saw the highlights.

Easily the worst grounds I’ve been to. At least the league one grounds had character and you could get an atmosphere going. Yesterday was appalling.

Great performance again from the lads but my god what a god damn awful soulless stadium that is. Absolutely zero atmosphere and concrete city in the surrounding areas of the ground. I was in the bottom bit and the bladesfans in the top section seemed miles away from us.

Almost but not quite feel sorry for the spammers having to watch football in that place

The gap between tiers is nearly as big as the gap between the Sheffield teams
IMG-20191026-WA0035.jpg

They’ve ruined an iconic athletics stadium....with all the football malarkey.

Aye, it's the position of the Madjeski that's shit.
I think that it 'previously' was a tip. I was told that there was originally a concern that the stands would sink in relation to the pitch. Can't find any evidence that that has happened.

Back
Top Bottom