East end of nothingness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

First two Paragraphs I 100% agree.

no need for the the third and totally untrue, but totally expected, dig at our fans third paragraph.

Oh I know it was absolutely shocking wasn't it

watched it live, all I could hear was our fans.. I suggest optex.

I go to every game. I know when our fans are more subdued than normal.

But don't worry, there are genuine excuses with that stadium/setup. Bit like Wolves away.

Best thing about their ground is the carpet around the pitch.

Without doubt, it is the worse stadium that a supposedly "big" team has ever had, in terms of atmosphere. Other teams have adopted old Athletic stadiums but I can't think of one that was so unsuited to football as this. Those erected stands at the front are just horrific, and the whole layout is just completely inappropriate.

If it was anyone else I would feel a bit sorry for them, but I won't deny that seeing their identity rot away in there is quite funny. Even funnier is how Upton Park finished it's days being literally blown up, as part of a low grade, Dave Batista action flick.

I can honestly see the Chanser moving the Pigs out to a Meadowhall located Meccano set someday soon, and doing something equally disrespectful to the Rustbucket. Although that being said, it might be the best thing for it.

Thing is what did did their old ground hold ?
What does their new ground hold?

Be careful what we wish for

I don't think the Madjeski is a bad modern bowl, it's just located in a soulless business park which makes it just about impossible to have a decent whole day football experience. As a stadium, the London abomination is much worse. Ironic in a way because the reason it is so appalling is down to the arrogance of pig boy Coe, who was determined to build a lasting legacy for Athletics after the 2012 Olympics so we got a nasty cheap looking Athletics stadium that was bugger all use as anything else. The contrast in approach to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester couldn't be greater where the main stadium was built as a football stadium that could be temporarily adapted for use as an Athletics stadium for the event itself.
coe is a chelsea fan
and a bit of a dick

It’s my third time to the Olympic Park. First for the olympics – wonderful atmosphere, full of positivity, ease of getting to and from the stadium. Second for the Red Sox vs Yankees game – decent atmosphere before the game, standard baseball atmosphere in the game. Today, sat in the away end by the press area, my god that was quiet. Throughout I was worried that I’d say something to my mate next to me that might have revealed an away fan in the home areas, but I needn’t have worried – I doubt anyone cared about it. The chant “you’re not West Ham any more” cut to what’s left of their core – and they knew there was no response. I can understand why some West Ham fans have chosen not to keep going. I don’t know how it was leaving the away end, but it took about 40 mins to get back to Stratford station. An absolute nonsense trying to move that wasn’t an issue on either of the previous visits.

Let us never leave Bramall Lane, ever.
I went to Yankees Red Sox on the Sunday. It makes a good baseball stadium! That was the Sunday afternoon game in glorious sunshine. West Ham and Upton Park go together. West Ham have become Stratford City. Sad.

'You're not West Ham any more' was very accurate.

View attachment 63254
Thanks for this photo, Foxy, what's in it is a complete abortion. I knew the lower tier seating had been placed over the running track but thought it would be of better construction, that's horrible who passed it? Also someone falling in there it wouldn't be nice, a child don't bare thinking about. Greed and avarice drove this, whu nearly broke their necks to get the place with the exclusion of another club sharing aren't they just morally bankrupt. How many does it hold as a football stadium and do they regularly fill it?

Imagine leaving an iconic ground, for that.

And why? It's not like they're ever going to compete with the biggest sides for stature, signings, titles and cups. They've moved for the sake of it and ruined their identity. Awful ground, arguably the worst in the top flight.

whu nearly broke their necks to get the place with the exclusion of another club sharing aren't they just morally bankrupt. How many does it hold as a football stadium and do they regularly fill it?

Well, Spurs wanted it too - and Spurs wanted to put 80,000 in it.

At Upton Park they used to average 35,000 which was around its limit. At this place they average 57,000 supposedly. That was meant to be the draw, the catalyst to propel West Ham into the economic stratosphere and compete with the top 6.

In reality their match day income has actually declined.

At Upton Park they used to average 35,000 which was around its limit. At this place they average 57,000 supposedly. That was meant to be the draw, the catalyst to propel West Ham into the economic stratosphere and compete with the top 6.

But the money they saved on building a new stadium has allowed them to spend on (largely) crap players so they cling on to their unjustified PL place.

Was there really over 59k there yesterday? Or do they fiddle their crowds like Arsenal? Still, it's good to see the old 'East End geezer', 'salt of the erf', 'I had that Danny Dire in the back of my cab once' myth exploded. They're a bunch of half-and-half scarf-wearing, Tevez mask-wearing bunch of bubble-blowing twats.

Spurs were going to knock the stadium down and build again

Christ almighty I didn't realise is was so bad until seeing these photo's. WTF is that big trench between the tiers? Do they still use it for Athletics? I could actually see a better argument for grassing the whole lot and making it a cricket venue. West Ham United truly are dead, you could feel sorry for the fans ...................... well almost.

Christ almighty I didn't realise is was so bad until seeing these photo's. WTF is that big trench between the tiers? Do they still use it for Athletics? I could actually see a better argument for grassing the whole lot and making it a cricket venue. West Ham United truly are dead, you could feel sorry for the fans ...................... well almost.

I think the front tiers are moveable to allow the athletics track to be restored. Unfortunately the top tier wasn’t designed with that in mind, thus the moat.

D3415C5D-536E-48EB-A2A2-7189176A91AD.jpegI was row 9 from the front and 4 seats in from the West Ham fans seat covering blanket. Rubbish view.

The angle rake of data was so low that you couldn’t tell what was happening. I found myself watching the game on the big telly behind their goal, just to keep up. How useless is that where it’s better to watch on the tv in a ground!

Good drinking round Hackney Central and then Hackney Wick though and recommended for next year if they stay up. After match around Stratford Broadway and very much not recommended, I now know where the extras in Danny Dyer films drink ..

But the money they saved on building a new stadium has allowed them to spend on (largely) crap players so they cling on to their unjustified PL place.

I'm surprised that deal to allow them to use it was never referred to the EU - however, as they haven't really increased their revenues despite moving, they haven't gained a financial advantage, they've just lost their identity.

A grass bank the luxury, I'll give you the Shay Halifax in the 70's and the dust cloud when Unitedites celebrated a goal
I could be wrong but did we play there in the old fourth division?
I remember standing on a mountain of earth sprinkled liberally with handy sized rocks separated by only a fence from the away support.Needless to say we were pelted with missiles.There was a steep road outside the ground visible from the slag heap we were stood on,a copper came steaming down the hill at full pelt and someone with impeccable timing opened a car door and the poor bugger smacked straight into the inside edge of the door and was Ko’d,there were sympathetic groans and laughter in equal measure from the hundreds of fans that saw it.Anyone else remember it?

I could be wrong but did we play there in the old fourth division?
I remember standing on a mountain of earth sprinkled liberally with handy sized rocks separated by only a fence from the away support.Needless to say we were pelted with missiles.There was a steep road outside the ground visible from the slag heap we were stood on,a copper came steaming down the hill at full pelt and someone with impeccable timing opened a car door and the poor bugger smacked straight into the inside edge of the door and was Ko’d,there were sympathetic groans and laughter in equal measure from the hundreds of fans that saw it.Anyone else remember it?
I'm still in denial but when I went they say Chris Guthrie scored a hat trick.

Back
Top Bottom