East end of nothingness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Springfield Park Wigan, only time I've watched a professional football match stood on a grass bank.

I attended a Wigan FA cup match 1983-84 and can attest it was a truly awful ground. Only one that could match it was the Shay at Halifax

I attended a Wigan FA cup match 1983-84 and can attest it was a truly awful ground. Only one that could match it was the Shay at Halifax

Oops just seen Mumbo’s reply re: The Shay

This says it better than I can. You'll want your speakers on..

Thanks for taking the time to respond and the video whilst tongue in cheek, I’m sure has an element of truth to it. I’d still be sceptical,about the 85% in favour despite what some survey claims as it massively contradicts what a lot of West Ham fans think but I also acknowledge that plenty can get carried along with the whole propaganda.

I shouldn’t care less as it’s not our clubs problem and if truth be told I don’t, and haven’t lost a second of sleep about West Ham fans issues. I don’t mean that in a nasty way just in that what isn’t your problem you generally don’t care about, however you seem like a decent guy so I genuinely wanted to say thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and the video whilst tongue in cheek, I’m sure has an element of truth to it. I’d still be sceptical,about the 85% in favour despite what some survey claims as it massively contradicts what a lot of West Ham fans think but I also acknowledge that plenty can get carried along with the whole propaganda.
It's absolutely, not tongue in cheek! It's a very good critique of the owners. The worst thing that ever happened was those two guys buying us. They won us over 'because they were WH fans'. Brum fans did try to warn us. The other worst thing that could happen was London getting the Olympics. A perfect bloody storm.
I can believe that 10k of our fans did get carried away. We all probably trusted G, S & B, far too much. We kick ourselves but I always remind others that we actually couldn't have stopped them. There were too many, BoJo, Coe & others that wanted it to happen.

I shouldn’t care less as it’s not our clubs problem and if truth be told I don’t, and haven’t lost a second of sleep about West Ham fans issues. I don’t mean that in a nasty way just in that what isn’t your problem you generally don’t care about, however you seem like a decent guy so I genuinely wanted to say thanks for sharing.
It just occurred to me that perhaps other fans hadn't got the true story. We're not Happy Hammers! Pro-movers say, 'oh if we were winning every week & getting in the top 4, no one would be moaning anymore'. It's not true; we'd still be tenants in an abomination of a stadium & we'd still be too far from the game. Spurs did it the right way, they have a great stadium.
Thanks for listening Db & everyone else. Hope you have a great season
.👍

Nice one.

Putting rivalries aside, and by the way I’m firmly of the view that from our end the whole tevez saga has long since died a death, most of us on here are happy to debate with sensible people.

To give a comparison you may or may not be aware that there’s someone who is posting a lot on this site currently who supports our city rivals who in my opinion is only on here to annoy with petty remarks. Each to their own and all that but I don’t get why anyone would want to do that.

This site is brilliant, addictive reading for me when we win, slightly depressing when we lose but nonetheless very entertaining with serious and light hearted topics about the team we love, however I also enjoy reading posts from supporters of other teams from time to time such as yours.

I remember the Burnley match protests that you mentioned but wasn’t fully aware of the general feeling of your fans and specific background behind it all so as a football fan who no doubt loves his club as much as I love mine, you have my genuine sympathy.

Come back on here after we’ve played you at Bramall Lane, as long as it’s only to tell us what a great side we are after we’ve smashed you 😀😀

Nice one.

Putting rivalries aside, and by the way I’m firmly of the view that from our end the whole tevez saga has long since died a death, most of us on here are happy to debate with sensible people.

To give a comparison you may or may not be aware that there’s someone who is posting a lot on this site currently who supports our city rivals who in my opinion is only on here to annoy with petty remarks. Each to their own and all that but I don’t get why anyone would want to do that.

This site is brilliant, addictive reading for me when we win, slightly depressing when we lose but nonetheless very entertaining with serious and light hearted topics about the team we love, however I also enjoy reading posts from supporters of other teams from time to time such as yours.

I remember the Burnley match protests that you mentioned but wasn’t fully aware of the general feeling of your fans and specific background behind it all so as a football fan who no doubt loves his club as much as I love mine, you have my genuine sympathy.

Come back on here after we’ve played you at Bramall Lane, as long as it’s only to tell us what a great side we are after we’ve smashed you 😀😀
Cheers mate, I look forward to it.
Not the bit about getting smashed though! Who d'ya think you are, Oxford United?! :D

The World Cup rugby final in japan looked like it had room for athletics. Does anyone know if it is multi purpose? It seemed to have none of the issues of the OS.

I remember as the OS was being built it seemed a colossal waste of money and seemed to have little thought in to legacy despite all the claims otherwise. The basic structure is a concrete bowl and the ultimate fall back was to be a 15k athletics track with the main stands removed. This seemed stupid as it would have been wasteful and added further costs to the already astronomical bill.

Really the people responsible for such waste deserve hauling over the coals and being run out of office in my opinion. There’s loads of great stadiums and it’s as if no consideration to what works elsewhere has been done.

Back
Top Bottom