Early 2014-15 predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where will we finish next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I expect nothing less than the title next year.

No pressure Nige

I heard Mr Clough being interviewed the other day talking about aiming for top two or possibly play offs, but promotion all the same.

He needs to cut the crap, get to the point, anything less than winning the league with over 100 points is negativity.

Go win the league.

My very early prediction would be 2nd place for me, we have a lot of local teams to face next season and we are likely to drop points against them just like we did with Bradford at home this season, these local games may effect us winning the league.

If we get 2 strikers then I think we'll finish 2nd, there'll always be one better team in the division than us :rolleyes: If we don't strengthen much then I reckon we'll finish 3rd/4th.

As long as Preston are a league higher next season I'm relatively confident of a league title. Peterborough will be tricky customers I reckon. Orient and Rotherham will drop off from challenging for automatics next season. Bristol City have improved a lot since we last played them so I'd expect to see them in and around the top 6. Next season will be trickier than many presume I'm afraid.

We've only finished 1st in a league three times in our entire history.

:eek:

Second. I've high expectations but haven't seen any silverware in my living memory so first is beyond my imagination. :)

As always it depends what squad we have. I think we are going to get offers for some key players. Maquire, Murphy, Scougall, Brayford, Coady could all easily go. We could'nt keep Kmac could we.

I heard Mr Clough being interviewed the other day talking about aiming for top two or possibly play offs, but promotion all the same.

He needs to cut the crap, get to the point, anything less than winning the league with over 100 points is negativity.

Go win the league.

Swiss, you strike me as an urbane, sophisticate type of a guy. What secrets can you impart for the winning formula that could be passed on to the manager at SUFC? With your penchant for world touring, teaching the locals how to dine properly, how to fold a napkin and the like, I'm sure passing on that secret formula of reaching the pinnacle of automatic promotion with a champion's meddle dangling around his neck is something that young Nigel would be forever appreciative of. Plus, with your talent for understatement, why not break the league stranglehold of just 3 points for a win? We're SUFC for god's sake! We should be entitled to as many points as we like. It's only fair, after all, as you so rightly say, Nigel has to cut the crap and gain automatic promotion in consecutive seasons. We're Blades, and with that comes responsibility UTB

We'll fail to adequately replace the lost loanees and at least one big exciting signing will fail. We'll look unplayable in patches but ultimately just miss out on the play-offs.

I think we'll win it but I'll be happy enough with steady improvement. Top four would be acceptable.

Jehovah, don't know if you've noticed mate, Brayford and Coady aren't ours! More's the pity.

Yeah, I just mean I think some people are assuming we will have the same team next seaon, but with a couple of strikers.

I will wait to see who is in our division before making any forecasts

Lets see what the team looks like before making predictions. 2 decent strikers being the priority

I think Doncaster will come close to getting out of league one, unfortunately for them at the lower end. Without the millstone of McCabe's debt around our necks next season could be a good one, the propaganda suggests we don't need to sell any of our talent and that we will be looking to improve the squad. If we do we should have a real chance of winning the league, 23 teams will think otherwise though.
Top spot for me.

Pinchers_zps23633968.png

Ask me again on September the 2nd (or the 1st or 3rd, whenever the transfer window closes).

I think if we keep the core of the squad together, bring back at least one of Coady/Brayford, and add some considerable quality all over the pitch (I'd include a striker and replacements for Collins and Doyle in this) then we'll be going up as champions. Not doing a Wolves job and romping to the title with 100+ points and goals, but we'll win it nonetheless.

If we keep most of the squad together but don't really do much in the transfer window then I'll predict that we'll have a season similar to Wilson's last year; getting results whilst also being quite frustrating, not really scoring many and also dropping more points than a top 2 team should be, eventually ending up about 5th or 6th.

If we lose any more than 1 or 2 key players (Harry, Murphs, Flynn, Scougall, Harris) and don't bring anyone of good quality in to replace them then we'll be in for a long season stuck cantering around mid table, having the odd decent spell but never really looking likely to break the play-offs; thankfully this shouldn't (and won't) be a scenario that needs considering.

Right now I'd say about 3rd/4th, if asked to guess. For all the recent positive results the lack of goals is still a big issue and unless this is rectified then we'll struggle to really score enough to sustain a push for the top 2 (we simply just can't keep relying on 1-0's and 2-1's for a whole season because sooner or later our luck will turn, it always does!); however I'm also confident that Nigel will address the weaknesses in the squad and successfully build a team capable of challenging consistently at the top. Whatever happens though, he should be given time to build and have no 'finish in x position next year or you get the sack' objective hanging over his head (unless of course he has a Weir-level disaster of a season, but that won't happen!).

Back
Top Bottom