Incoming? Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

An over rated and unreliable player. No thanks.

If I had then choice of any realistic signing from Southampton it would.be Nathan Redmond....he wd be a top replacement for Didzy and supply the ammo for our front two
Aye, if we’re being “realistic”Why not - Ward- Prowse &, Walker- Peters

& Shane Long (!?!?!?!) - is he still there (alive?) ?

According to one Sunday rag, both us and Boro after Gayle and report dsays he's off to Boro.

Sort of makes sense. Closer to where Gayle currently resides, plus hasn't Gibson hit the jackpot with compensation agreement from Derby as well as the reported £20m for Spence from Spurs.

Boro makes sense as he wouldn’t even need to move.

Wilder is very patient with his transfer approach, often trying for players across multiple windows. So it’s not going to be a surprise to see us compete for the same Players. Unfortunately, I think boro will be committing more resources than us.

According to one Sunday rag, both us and Boro after Gayle and report dsays he's off to Boro.

Sort of makes sense. Closer to where Gayle currently resides, plus hasn't Gibson hit the jackpot with compensation agreement from Derby as well as the reported £20m for Spence from Spurs.
I really hope so. He's absolutely garbage. Hasn't played consistently in years, and is the wrong side of 30.

Fun fact: Her, ex-husband, Brian, played at BDTBL in the all stars team, for TC's testimonial.
I hate to break it to you, Graps, but Corrie isn’t real. They weren’t really married. (I think in real life she’s married to Chrissy from Boys From the Blackstuff, or was).

I hate to break it to you, Graps, but Corrie isn’t real. They weren’t really married. (I think in real life she’s married to Chrissy from Boys From the Blackstuff, or was).

Not real?, ha ha you must think I was born yesterday!, you'll be trying to tell me that Weatherfield isn't a real place next.

He has scored 46 goals in his last 2 seasons in the Championship.
Over 3 seasons ago and he’s hardly played at all in the last 2. An expensive option and a huge risk. It could pay off but it’s a hard pass for me.
If we’re investing that kind of money I’d hope we’re looking for a more likely return.

Over 3 seasons ago and he’s hardly played at all in the last 2. An expensive option and a huge risk. It could pay off but it’s a hard pass for me.
If we’re investing that kind of money I’d hope we’re looking for a more likely return.
Agreed we could sign young proven championship goalscorers like McBurnie and Brewster for £40m....oh wait a minute...Or we could take a punt on an older proven scorer like Gayle who costs nothing..and don't say wages as I'm pretty sure any goalscorer is gonna want paying.

Not saying Gayle is the answer but in out current predicament we could do a lot worse

Agreed we could sign young proven championship goalscorers like McBurnie and Brewster for £40m....oh wait a minute...Or we could take a punt on an older proven scorer like Gayle who costs nothing..and don't say wages as I'm pretty sure any goalscorer is gonna want paying.

Not saying Gayle is the answer but in out current predicament we could do a lot worse
Sharp and Gayle upfront? Lol. Gayle is signing for big money and 2 years plus. It makes our future more like the current of our neighbours.

Sharp and Gayle upfront? Lol. Gayle is signing for big money and 2 years plus. It makes our future more like the current of our neighbours.

Only way Gayle comes is on a free or loan

A bit of a twatty response to my post Frieth which was a bit unnecessary, it also ignored all the aspects I called out.
He’s got a 2 year contract left at Newcastle, there’s £4-6M right there. Plus either a signing on or transfer fee and it would have to cover at least what he had on the table right now. So we’re not talking pocket change here it’s a substantial outlay that you’re proposing, probably a significant chunk of our budget. He certainly isn’t “costing nothing”.
You say he’s a proven goalscorer but he hasn’t proven he can stay fit. Struggled for 3 years with injuries and particularly in the last 2 seasons he keeps breaking down, so there’s a significant risk there that we commit to big payments for someone who’s regularly sat on the treatment table.

A bit of a twatty response to my post Frieth which was a bit unnecessary, it also ignored all the aspects I called out.
He’s got a 2 year contract left at Newcastle, there’s £4-6M right there. Plus either a signing on or transfer fee and it would have to cover at least what he had on the table right now. So we’re not talking pocket change here it’s a substantial outlay that you’re proposing, probably a significant chunk of our budget. He certainly isn’t “costing nothing”.
You say he’s a proven goalscorer but he hasn’t proven he can stay fit. Struggled for 3 years with injuries and particularly in the last 2 seasons he keeps breaking down, so there’s a significant risk there that we commit to big payments for someone who’s regularly sat on the treatment table.
Why's it a twatty response? Just quoting facts, we paid 40m for those 2 and they will both be on 20k a week plus....and talking injuries they have both hardly played either!!

Age is no guarantee of anything. We can agree to disagree but Gayle on loan for one season even with a loan fee and percentage of his wages would be.good value in my book.

Why's it a twatty response? Just quoting facts, we paid 40m for those 2 and they will both be on 20k a week plus....and talking injuries they have both hardly played either!!
The whole “agree let’s go for Brewster types” nonsense. I’d not suggested that approach at any point. I just highlighted that a move for him would be an expensive risk, which it would.

On your other points, you’re probably having them with the wrong poster as I was one of a select few against the Brewster signing when rumoured as he was over priced, not what we needed at that time and a couple years away from being ready. All that said I think he should be ready to step in now which is something we need of all those expensive signings in order to retain some level of asset value as we can’t afford to write any of them off from a financial point of view.

I'm getting to the stage now the TW has been open a week where I'm impatient & I'll accept anyone

Back
Top Bottom