Incoming? Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We could also do a lot lot better.

Who? Other than the "obvious" in Brewster and Dennis, as the only other 2 we've particularly been linked with

For £11m which available striker would you bring in that's significantly better than Gayle?

Sort of player that our backroom staff can work wonders on to keep fit, and the coaches can get playing at his best (the Gayle that performs ridiculously well in the Championship), never quite cut it in the PL before but that's not to say he still can't.. arguably more proven than the likes of Watkins, McBurnie, Brewster as well anyway who are all going for, or have gone for double that price tag - yes age is a factor, but we desperately need a goalscorer for the here and now, not the future as otherwise the future will be the championship

11 million for a 29 year old whose out injured for 4 months... okkkkk
No way would we pay anything near 11 million for him,probably his agent trying to get him a move.
We won't pay good money for players approaching 30.As the prince says we are after young players

One that's fit hopefully. 😬😂

Well, if he is out until Jan I wouldn't expect this to happen at all, but on the grounds that he'd be fit fairly sooner than that.. I can't see us getting anyone much better in that price bracket

Then again a lot were turning their noses up at Deeney on loan too, who for me would be a guaranteed double digit goal scorer regardless of age

Hell no. He's over rated and crap. He's the modern Darren Huckerby. Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League.

He's played 129 games in the Premier League and scored 25 goals over 6 seasons. That's an average of less than 6 goals per season and he only scored 4 last season.

If Dwight Gayle is the answer to our goals scoring problems then we might as well start planning for the Championship now. His goal scoring record in the top flight is worse than our current strikers and they're records are poor at best.

I'm hoping this is just agent talk using to try to engineer a move to another top flight club, and using our need for a striker to start things rolling.

News article flashed up on my phone this morning about us interesting in Gayle so the rumour mill is still circulating.

That’s what we would call panic signings and those usually bring you to the situation you want to avoid... Confident that a better striker will sign, just waiting for the last days of the market when prices drop.

That’s what we would call panic signings and those usually bring you to the situation you want to avoid... Confident that a better striker will sign, just waiting for the last days of the market when prices drop.
Rational thinking amongst the chaos...I like you PurpleRain

Free in summer and guarantees championship goals but suppose 30 is too old for some 😴 Hopefully Mousset is sold on.

Free in summer and guarantees championship goals but suppose 30 is too old for some 😴 Hopefully Mousset is sold on.
top championship striker but not premier league would be interesting but think his characters a bit suspect

top championship striker but not premier league would be interesting but think his characters a bit suspect

Met him on a night out in Newcastle once expecting the same - he was actually really sound and not arrogant at all.

That being said i only spoke to him for about 20 minutes so he could've been different once he'd had a drink.

Only a goer if mousset moves on otherwise we’re well stocked. But if that happens it’s not a bad shout we’ve got young player in McBurnie and Brewster plus a few promising youngsters of our own there so as an experienced rotational piece it’s not a bad idea if his wages aren’t extortionate.

Got to back Brewster in the Championship. We have Billy Sharp who still looks very fit. He still has goals in him at that level.

I think up front we're well stocked.

Midfield & centre half (cover) is where we need to go after some good players

Brewster is “proven” at EFL level. He’s shown he can do it at Swansea, hasn’t cut it in the PL as yet but he’ll be playing in a better side who create more in the Championship.

Burke’s finishing is a big worry, and Mousset is a crock.

Got to back Brewster in the Championship. We have Billy Sharp who still looks very fit. He still has goals in him at that level.

I think up front we're well stocked.

Midfield & centre half (cover) is where we need to go after some good players
We are desperate for quality in midfield and upfront too slow lokk at Leeds they bought well

Brewster is “proven” at EFL level. He’s shown he can do it at Swansea, hasn’t cut it in the PL as yet but he’ll be playing in a better side who create more in the Championship.

Burke’s finishing is a big worry, and Mousset is a crock.
burke will cause havoc in the championship with his pace we just need to work on his finishing this summer

burke will cause havoc in the championship with his pace we just need to work on his finishing this summer
I'm afraid no amount of coaching is going to turn him into a finisher. That said, I feel he will be useful if the rest of our strikeforce can get around him.

He has pace and strength to get him into good positions but unfortunately brain dead when He gets there.
Not sure whether he has no football brain or brain at all but his choices are terrible

Midfield and defence need to be bolstered before attack. McBurnie and Brewster should be able to rediscover some form in the Championship backed up by Billy, Didzy and Burke. A midfielder or two with flair and experienced cover for JOC/Egan should be a priority (Jags is a legend but shouldn't be third choice centre back imo). Could try and nab players from teams that lose in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom