Incoming? Dwight Gayle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We won't have Didzy, Moose and possibly Burkes strikers wages to pay, and we have also let a couple more leave. Plus there might be a sale of a striker yet.
Won't make a difference, those savings will already be part of the budget. We'll also be paying Burke off to some extent if he leaves.

Think of the reported £60k p/w savings we made in January, it's the 'savings' bit that will be important. Not get loads out and replace them with 1 big hitter.

I think it was high Championship wages.
I think it was more either or? It’s not really about the division, but what the club can afford

He said a bit more than this when recently interviewed I think, but from todays Star Bettis:

“that United could afford to sign a player on loan this summer who earns £70,000 a week at his parent club.”

I think it was more either or? It’s not really about the division, but what the club can afford

He said a bit more than this when recently interviewed I think, but from todays Star Bettis:

“that United could afford to sign a player on loan this summer who earns £70,000 a week at his parent club.”
If it's in The Star I can't deal with the adverts.

However, that doesn't mean we'll pay top PL wages, it means we'll pay a proportion of them.

Though Id welcome the idea of going for £70k pw loans as they should be 5x better then our £13k pw players (https://sqaf.club/how-much-do-championship-players-earn/). Last season saw us lose 6 strikers for most of it and we still finished 1 game from the PL. The style that worked in the end was no strikers but quality attacking midfield possession resulting in the 20 pass goals. Seems to me replacing MGW,Didzy, Oli B and Moose with 5 x £70k pw quality midfielders would be a better option. As the basic championship 442 formations puts 2 attackers against 4 defenders. The no striker tactic means defenders have to go searching for the ball, opening up more incisive opportunities for our "techniquely" better players.

Would be tempted to go for Adam Armstrong or Cameron Archer on loan instead. Gayle nearly 33 and barely played in 3 years.
Adam Armstrong is a very interesting shout. Southampton pretty much stopped playing him halfway through the season, barely featured in second half of the campaign.

Could be on 40-50k ridiculously though.

Adam Armstrong is a very interesting shout. Southampton pretty much stopped playing him halfway through the season, barely featured in second half of the campaign.

Has it been mooted that he’s available on loan? MGW going to Southampton would push him further down the pecking order too.

Bit of a red flag given he was doing ok, wasn't he?

Armstrong linked with Boro. I think we’ll be in the mix too since Bettis seem to follow up on Wilder’s previously shortlisted players. Armstrong would be a fantastic signing for us, someone we could sign if he took us up too

Would have been nice if Wilder bothered to sign him while he was here

Bettis has already said we can afford players on these wages

Won't make a difference, those savings will already be part of the budget. We'll also be paying Burke off to some extent if he leaves.

Think of the reported £60k p/w savings we made in January, it's the 'savings' bit that will be important. Not get loads out and replace them with 1 big hitter.
What about the other 6 players Hecky said we need then?

Back
Top Bottom