Duffy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
The last time we played against Liverpool was the 4-0 defeat at Anfield in our last season in the prem on 24th Feb 2007.
Duffy scored his first goal for Southport that day in a 2-2 draw with Cambridge United, following a mid season move from Prescot Cables.
What a rise it's been for him, can't wait for him to score the winner for us back there next season.

Duffy stated that, early in his career, he lost his love of football and began working as a scaffolder and as a sports coach for the council.

I bet he's glad he came back to football!

Robbie Fowler scored three penalties against us that season.

The last three league goals he ever scored for Liverpool.

One of the biggest cheating cunts I've ever seen on a football pitch.

Is it a season long loan or can we get him back in January when he has served his penance

Is it a season long loan or can we get him back in January when he has served his penance

As much as I would love him to come back, and even if he could, I suspect that pride on both sides might prevent that. It's tragic how this has panned out really.

That being said, a new manager may come in at Stoke and build the team around him.

Now can’t even get on the pitch for stoke when there 3-0 down at Preston. He must be seriously regretting his actions

I was going to post something similar.

Does seem weird that their manager has picked him to go there on loan but even though the team is struggling
He’s not being used, not even as late sub......he said he’s gone there for more gametime but it’s looks like it’s backfired.

I said in the shoutbox earlier, Duffy must have regrets.

Stoke fan told me in that first game he played as a defensive mid! Looked shit. I wonder why.
Said he looked awful, lost.
Told him what an absolute genius he his in the "free" role. Was told hell never play that role there.
What a fucking waste.

Same as Kenny - could have both been long term cult heroes but blew the chance, such a shame

He turns 34 this season, what teams in the Championship did he think would give him a long term contract at that age?

He’s been poorly advised and will regret this decision badly. He’s traded a guaranteed spot on the bench in the Premier League for the bench in the Championship and is no better off for it.

Why are people so eager for a player to fail who was nothing but great to us? We don’t know how what went down went down. One thing I know is Duffy has always wanted to play, and gets a bit mardy when he doesn’t. That’s an admirable trait considering the amount of players just happy to pick up there wage and do fuck all.

Why are people so eager for a player to fail who was nothing but great to us? We don’t know how what went down went down. One thing I know is Duffy has always wanted to play, and gets a bit mardy when he doesn’t. That’s an admirable trait considering the amount of players just happy to pick up there wage and do fuck all.

He’ll be seething mardy right at this very minute then.

This situation came about because he wanted a new contract and more money.

He played against Wigan in the League Cup for 80 mins, got a lot of praise for his performance and an assist for the only goal of the game. Next match Stoke at Charlton who are going well. Its 1-1 and Jones decides to take off defensive midfielder Woods and bring on Duffy. Stoke lose game 3-1. Fans bewildered at Managers decision to take Woods off. Fans not having a go at Duffy just the manager who is obsessed with a diamond formation but doesn't have the players to fit into it. Duffy being one of them.

Jones on his way out 3 wins in 30. Duffy may drop lucky with his replacement but as it stands Stoke heading for League 1 with a manager out of his depth. It was rumoured if Stoke hadn't got Jones then CW was their second choice. What a shocking decision Jones appointment is turning out to be.

This situation came about because he wanted a new contract and more money.
Quite a logical step to take. What do you think his options would be in a years time after making 5 appearances in the cups?

Yes he will, and he will succeed given the chance because he is a very good player. It looks like maybe stoke wasn’t the right move(very early) but he could of easily been someone’s Norwood.

The lad is a quality player, Stoke would be wise building the team around Duffmeister, they would soon see things improve.

Quite a logical step to take. What do you think his options would be in a years time after making 5 appearances in the cups?

He would have got a new contract along with Baldock but he wanted one at a time when Wilder doesn't give them out. All he had to do was wait a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom