Duffy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s not pulling any trees up at Stoke is he? which is strange.

He’s hardly played and when he has he’s apparently looked disinterested and several people are saying he looks as though he doesn’t want to be there. Although we love him, he wasn’t an instant hit and he was very in and out. It also sounds as though Jones doesn’t know where to play him, a free role isn’t part of his plan.

There’s a thread on The Oatcake, rating Jones signings and he gets mainly very poor reviews. CCV on the other hand seems quite well liked, a lot seem to believe he looks like a decent footballer, which is also strange, given his bombscare capacity in L1.

If he'd been playing 90 mins and putting a 7/8/9 performance in every week he would have had a better argument, his biggest problem is his age, he's 34 in a few weeks, who gets 2 years at that age?? Chelsea didn't offer Terry more than 12 months at a time did they once he got to 32?

Gave us some great times, especially 'that day', I think he'll look back and regret his actions, suddenly it's all about playing football and not about money, when it's the opposite thinking that got him into this situation

And this is exactly the kind of thing that's taken him to stoke, and all but ended a career that has seen him rise to the prem, only to fuck it all up due to greed and impatience!!
But, if these are the people he listens too, then maybe it was all just waiting to happen!!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, BigBed

So Duffy Snr Calls CW "Herr".....is he politely referring to him as "Sir" (in a Headmasterly fashion) or is it a more sinister dig? I suspect the latter given the context.

Stories around of Mrs Duffy stirring the pot and potential rifts for some time lead me to think bombing Duffy out was the 100% correct decision. Have we missed him yet.....no.....will we miss him, I personally doubt it.

I genuinely hope he does well at Stoke but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at BDTBL in January before moving on somewhere else. Thanks for the memories Duffs but we have moved on.

He’s hardly played and when he has he’s apparently looked disinterested and several people are saying he looks as though he doesn’t want to be there. Although we love him, he wasn’t an instant hit and he was very in and out. It also sounds as though Jones doesn’t know where to play him, a free role isn’t part of his plan.

There’s a thread on The Oatcake, rating Jones signings and he gets mainly very poor reviews. CCV on the other hand seems quite well liked, a lot seem to believe he looks like a decent footballer, which is also strange, given his bombscare capacity in L1.

I think you're confusing CCV with EEL.

No. That’s the function of those hoodwinked by the Leave Liars to jump off a cliff without looking. They’ll (quite literally) pay the price whilst Smogg and Co laugh at them over a magnum of champagne. Sad but self-inflicted.

Stop Brexit. Revoke Article 50.

But there is something far scarier than the above.
Stuck in a something that you can never leave.

The thing to remember about Duffy is that he succeeded here in a very particular role in a formation that not many teams play. His career prior to us as mostly a winger is one of a player who never really made his mark above League One. His success elsewhere will come down to how he's used, and I don't think many teams will make the most of him as we did.

The irony is I’ll be absolutely fine. No problem at all. I happen to care more about my community than a flag and a wishing star.

I too will be absolutely fine, but in the event of no deal have firm plans in place to relocate the family to Scotland and hope for an independence vote. I would prefer to live in a forward looking country.

I too will be absolutely fine, but in the event of no deal have firm plans in place to relocate the family to Scotland and hope for an independence vote. I would prefer to live in a forward looking country.

That is something I have also considered. It would need a little retraining but it’s not out of the question. It’s a long way to the Lane though and there’s still work to be done here. These are more dangerous times than many would like to think and not solely in the UK. I have only one pair of hands but I’m willing (committed, in fact) to link them with others.

How come a thread about Duffy has been allowed to descend into a Brexit debate?

It is because the forum troll likes to wade in and derail threads.

Anyway as for Duffy he had probably one more season at most with us before we needed to replace him. His family posting stuff on social media over the last year or so has not helped.

I do think Wilder saw him as the 25th squad player with a part to play for us this season before Duffy shot himself in the foot. I see it from Duffy's point of view but if he had waited a month or so I think he would have got that new deal.

Sadly he won't get played in the position he prefers at Stoke and his career could really fade fast if he is not careful.

I really hope you're serious 👍🙂

How come a thread about Duffy has been allowed to descend into a Brexit debate?
Because it's a trait of the undemocratic mob rule brigade. They who shout loudest n all that, or as my old man used to say "empty vessels make most noise".

Because it's a trait of the undemocratic mob rule brigade. They who shout loudest n all that, or as my old man used to say "empty vessels make most noise".
Ah, but people like Pinchey only believe in democracy when it goes their way, you forget that. The largest democratic mandate in the history of this country (17 million people) means nothing because 'muh racism', don't you know?

It is because the forum troll likes to wade in and derail threads.
Yeah I'm afraid I had to block that spankmeister quite a while back.
If there is a fault with Wilder I think he tends to act tougher than he needs to, to prove he's the boss however I think he was right with how this situation has been portrayed (as already stated we'll never know what really transpired between him and Duffy).
As for whether Duffy could've done a job, yes he could I've not seen any of our squad shoot anything like as well as Duffy from outside the box, I don't think Freeman has it in his tool set and Morrison certainly doesn't or McGoldrick however it's a small part of the overall game.

Always nice to see threads stay on topic. I'm here for football not pedantic/generic arguments on current affairs.

Back
Top Bottom