Do we really want to be part of this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The evil of money eh !?

I want us to go up to secure the club for a few years and if we do what Cardiff/Huddersfield have done I’ll be content. Less so with a Fulham approach, where it’s all been spunked and they’ve obviously now got a load of dross on high wages, negotiated by cunning agents !

On the agent issue - If the cash is available, it’ll be taken by some lucky sod, same as the players do. I don’t feel players have any loyalty, so they, along with the clubs willing to pay, are funding a very lucrative career for agents.

Ultimately it is the clubs themselves that are in charge of both agent fees and player wages. Cap it all and the issue goes away, something which will never happen with the ££s from Sky.

Many poorer clubs get frustrated as agents make their clients multi-millionaires through such deals, which takes the player away from said clubs. I can’t think of a recent example for us though ;)

We can always go back to League One and blame agents for not signing the best that League One and Two have to offer

I want a part of as it'll secure our future, despite the money being stupidly high.

Runour has it Guardiola is already looking at trying to nullify overlapping CBs

We won’t spend millions on anyone let alone agents fees.

If we don’t go up, it’s inevitable that within a year or two the manager will leave and we won’t have the cash to replace the ageing squad.

As long as we are wise with the cash a season in the Premier League lessens the chance of us having to play in League one again any time soon, it’s the only reason I want us to go up really. (Thar and it will really annoy the pigs)

Premier league clubs spend £260 million on agent's fees this year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47817930

Please tell me which part of the SKY money is earned as against given for being part of the Premier league club?

For far too long some of our fans have complained bitterly about generally McCabe not spending money etc - this is FREE money, money that he and the Prince don't have to stump up themselves.

We all know CW is different - lets hope he can bring a different dimension to the situation next season.

As for agents - they are part of the game now - it's like most normal people paying income tax.

I find it strange that some of our fans don't want to get into the Premier league and use the money in ways to benefit OUR football club in many ways.

Just seen on the TV tonight that West Ham have just spent £4m on a youth academy and Burnley have only just opened a new training facility for the club. Swansea have also opened new facilities.

This is what clubs do with SKY money as well as pass some on to agents.

Staying in the Championship because of issues like agents is just plain bonkers.

UTB

Maybe a generational thing but when I was a lad I dreamed about seeing Currie, Woodward, Dearden and Salmons etc

Thankfully, my dream came true:)

As for now, I dream about seeing Sharp, Fleck, O'Connell et al in the top flight. I don't give a shit about the likes of Kane, De Bruyne, Salah or any other fucker who doesn't wear a shirt with a Blades badge on it. I don't go to watch the opposition.:rolleyes:
Totally agree. I don't get the "when we're in the top flight we can watch De Bruyne etc etc". No, we can watch and support our team and players in the top flight. Anything else is glory seeking bollocks, and not what being a Blade is about. There, that's telled thi!!!

Hands up who pays for Sky.
You dont need to boycott matches , just cancel your Sky subsciption. When Facebook, Amazon, Netflix or any other massive company take over from Sky dont suscribe. Simples.

Once you realise that you immediately write off 12 games (home and away against top 6), and the rest of the matches are against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Southampton, it doesn't sound overly appealing.

It's a nice thought that Kane, Hazard et Al could be playing at Bramall Lane, but it won't be that enjoyable when they're all spanking us 4-0. And that's not a defeatist attitude, it's the reality of playing against teams operating on a completely different financial level to us

At least if we go up fans will not have to pay £40+ to go to the sty, Isn't there a £30 limit for away fans in the Premiership ?
There is but as the piggies won't be in the Premiership anytime soon, the £30 limit will thankfully be irrelevant :D

Yes. I remember the Harris/Furphy/Bassett seasons when we gave as good as we gor. Even the Warnock season have us memories such as the Arsenal win.

Going up will secure our future for many years and bring thrtough a new generation of supporters . It will also piss Wendy fans off

Once you realise that you immediately write off 12 games (home and away against top 6), and the rest of the matches are against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Southampton, it doesn't sound overly appealing.us

Indeed. And Watford, Leicester, Palace, Brighton,...Norwich. For crying out loud.

It really is just about getting the money to hopefully tide us over for a few years.

Once you realise that you immediately write off 12 games (home and away against top 6), and the rest of the matches are against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Southampton, it doesn't sound overly appealing.

It's a nice thought that Kane, Hazard et Al could be playing at Bramall Lane, but it won't be that enjoyable when they're all spanking us 4-0. And that's not a defeatist attitude, it's the reality of playing against teams operating on a completely different financial level to us
Years ago when Everton spanked us 3-0 at The Lane in the league cup I actually enjoyed the quality of their performance.

Not sure that I would feel the same if it was happening week after week though.

As much as I enjoy the Championship and feel that it is the place to be for the sport, you can't turn your back on the riches of the Premier League so we have to go for it, hopefully celebrate it and be prepared to suffer the consequences next season.

Even if we finish with nil points after 38 games you won't hear a "Wilder out" from me, unfortunately there will be those calling for that if we're not tucked in just outside the Champions League spots after 8 games.

Unfortunately the further we go, the further some people expectations will rise and for me that is the biggest down side of going up.

Why is it that some people crave success on the field to enhance their own miserable existence.

I just can't get my head around that.

As long as we keep our principles, of course. Don't want to be going to the Visit Saudia Arabia Stadium every other week.

What’s this constant obsession with slagging off the premier league

It’s the most successful sports league in the world brings god knows how much money to the economy etc

Would everyone rather be playing in the Sunday leagues

It was more of a hypothetical question... of course I want to see utd do as best as possible, but i'd be gutted if we became a 'spending' club.

Seen a lot of clubs trapped in this horrible web of agents fees, overpaid/over-hyped players, shit or bust, gambling with football clubs futures

As echoed by quite a few on here, I'd hope that if we make the prem the money would secure the future of the club for years to come.

It could mean we can hold onto our talent we've nurtured (both manager and players), make long lasting improvements to our academy, stadium, training facilities, keep affordable tickets for fans. I'd hope we'd fuck off the agents (to an extent) and build something for us that lasts.

UTB

It was more of a hypothetical question... of course I want to see utd do as best as possible, but i'd be gutted if we became a 'spending' club.

Seen a lot of clubs trapped in this horrible web of agents fees, overpaid/over-hyped players, shit or bust, gambling with football clubs futures

As echoed by quite a few on here, I'd hope that if we make the prem the money would secure the future of the club for years to come.

It could mean we can hold onto our talent we've nurtured (both manager and players), make long lasting improvements to our academy, stadium, training facilities, keep affordable tickets for fans. I'd hope we'd fuck off the agents (to an extent) and build something for us that lasts.

UTB

I'd rather see us spend to try to compete than not spend at all and get tanked every week in front of a global audience.

Plus we have Wilder who has similar scruples, he won't risk the clubs future and certainly will still be looking for Value for money. Just that it'll be on a slighly more expensive scale than currently.

Does anyone reckon wolves and leicester fans are complaining there more likely to finish in Europe now than get relegated for the next 10 years i reckon

Premier league clubs spend £260 million on agent's fees this year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47817930

Yes please!

But we won’t be spending that much on agents. We’ll employ some kids from Sports Direct to watch videos of foreign players on YouTube and Al Jazeera. The Middle East is a hotbed of promising young players I’ve heard. Even places like Israel are producing great talent, check out “JewTube” and see what I mean.

may as well give up now then....

Glad that CW doesnt take settling for second best like the OP does.

What’s this constant obsession with slagging off the premier league

It’s the most successful sports league in the world brings god knows how much money to the economy etc

Would everyone rather be playing in the Sunday leagues
Want to be in there and have Wilder do his own thing to keep us progressing.
Separate from United though, I'm not keen on the the vast financial gap between top 6 and the rest and the resultant hoardes of plastic fans from all over the planet further fueling the gap.
Or the vast financial gap between Premier and Championship and resultant hoardes of football league club owners putting club's livelihoods on the line because PL status is the only way to break even
Then there are teenagers earning 100x the average annual salary before they've even made an impression on the first team and the resultant hoardes of agents who make millions without adding anything positive to the game.
Plus the cost of being a modern day football fan in general.
And the TV stations ensuring that everything is geared for the armchair fan rather than the spectator, including shifting games around all over the fucking shop.
Also the 39th game proposal which fits alongside the last point.
And the general lack of competition up and down the league.

That's my issue with the Premier League.

UTB

"You'd be gutted if we became a spending club" ???????
We won't.........Ever

And if as a Premier League club one of the giants of the game like Bournemouth, Watford or Crystal Palace come for our players we'll be sure to undersell so that our Bladey traditions that have served us so well for the last four generations can remain

Back
Top Bottom