Do we really want to be part of this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, of course we do. Who fucking cares what agents get paid? There’s loads of money in the game so it’s got to go somewhere. If it didn’t go to the agents it would go to the players, or the owners of the clubs. It won’t go towards making tickets cheaper when most PL clubs sell out, market forces don’t work like that.

Think it was Adam Oxley (may be wrong) who tweeted earlier that we have spent the most on agent fees in the football heaven area. I mean it was either going to be us or Wednesday but we’ve spent around £1.5mil on them ourselves.

Agents are one of if not the most powerful enteties in football. The player essentially goes whoever is offering the agent the most money

Think it was Adam Oxley (may be wrong) who tweeted earlier that we have spent the most on agent fees in the football heaven area. I mean it was either going to be us or Wednesday but we’ve spent around £1.5mil on them ourselves.

Agents are one of if not the most powerful enteties in football. The player essentially goes whoever is offering the agent the most money
They’re surrogate dads. Proper grown ups who know how the world works. Some are better than others but the way to be successful is to do the best for your client. We pity those players of the past who now have to run pubs or drive trucks for a living but despise those who try to make sure modern players are set up for life.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, yes I want it, not so much for me who has seen us in the top flight for a good few seasons, but for my boys, talking about the possibility of seeing Kane, de Bruyne etc in the flesh, just like I used to about seeing John Barnes , cantona etc etc , I would love us to do it for the new generation so they can experience what I have

Yes, of course we do. Who fucking cares what agents get paid? There’s loads of money in the game so it’s got to go somewhere. If it didn’t go to the agents it would go to the players, or the owners of the clubs. It won’t go towards making tickets cheaper when most PL clubs sell out, market forces don’t work like that.
Maybe we should use human brains to decide where the money goes rather than market forces.

If Premier League teams are paying £260 million in agents costs, just imagine how much they must be paying out in transfer fees and players wages? :confused:
If you think the smallest clubs get £100m in tv money alone, per year and spend most of it. That’s two billion without taking into account the extra money the big clubs get.

The shoutbox on Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Friday evenings will be interesting when we hit the Premier League...

As SwissBlade mentioned above, we're not far away so why do anything other than try our hardest to get there?

There's also the question of what clubs exist for? Shouldn't we strive to be the best we can be? Otherwise, we could use the same rationale to explain away our unwillingness not to be bothered about any cup competition we enter, or that we feel comfortable in the championship so why not settle for a life at this level? Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You can't take anything for granted, including where you might be this time next season, so one moment you're close to the top six, a season later you're fighting to avoid relegation..

No, the answer is uncomplicated. We strive to be as good as we can possibly be. I mean, if clubs like Watford and Bournemouth can do relatively well in the premiership, why shouldn't United? This is, of course, predicated on a good manager, which we currently have, and an owner who is sensible and ambitious, something we've still to secure.

If you think the smallest clubs get £100m in tv money alone, per year and spend most of it. That’s two billion without taking into account the extra money the big clubs get.

Players football related agent fees are generally about 5% or less aren’t they?

Probably more for commercial sponsorship deals, but the £260 million is purely for football related work. I reckon that equates to about £5.2 billion?

everyone knows the prem is a moral cesspit
full of greedy clubs wanting all the pie and offering the crumbs to the EFL
But if they give us 120m quid when we go up , Im prepared to suffer the consequences

I like the Championship, it is a competitive league and on the opening day of the season, you don't know who will make up the top 6 at the end of it.

In the Premier League, it's a different story.

However, it is every player, manager and club owners dream to get there and it would be great to do it with this bunch of lads who we all love and a manager who no one seems to have a bad word to say about, 100% of the fan base like him and support him.

And let's face it, who wouldn't want to see Egan and O'Connell steam into some over paid diving cheat of a striker, and god help them if we bring Lundstram on.

To put the figure into perspective, it's only 7.4 Andy Carrolls

I care what they get paid. They’re like leeches sucking money out of the game. Most of the money agents are getting should be put back into grass roots football.

Well I care! The rumoured £190m a club gets if they reach the PL is being pissed up the wall on these fucking leeches. I'd have thought the tragic case of Emiliano Sala would shine a spotlight on the 'activities' of these cunts. The main agent in the Sala case - Willie McKay (who isn't even registered as an agent and uses his son Mark as his 'front man') has behaved despicably in all this, including...

'I'll shoot the lot of you': Metropolitan Police begin investigation into alleged threats towards Cardiff staff by Willie McKay in row over Emiliano Sala Link.

And once agents get a sniff of the money in football, they're round it like flies round a cow's arsehole:

Four agents trying to get their cut and a tangled web of owners of the doomed plane... Emiliano Sala was the tragic pawn in a sordid transfer trail that shames football Link.

upload_2019-4-4_18-47-15.png

Waldemar Kita sounds like a huge...well you add the rest. Yes, ticket prices won't fall without clubs wasting money on these people, but a lot of it is our money.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, yes I want it, not so much for me who has seen us in the top flight for a good few seasons, but for my boys, talking about the possibility of seeing Kane, de Bruyne etc in the flesh, just like I used to about seeing John Barnes , cantona etc etc , I would love us to do it for the new generation so they can experience what I have
Maybe a generational thing but when I was a lad I dreamed about seeing Currie, Woodward, Dearden and Salmons etc

Thankfully, my dream came true:)

As for now, I dream about seeing Sharp, Fleck, O'Connell et al in the top flight. I don't give a shit about the likes of Kane, De Bruyne, Salah or any other fucker who doesn't wear a shirt with a Blades badge on it. I don't go to watch the opposition.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom