Do we really want to be part of this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

an owner who is sensible and ambitious, something we've still to secure.

Do you seriously think Kevin McCabe wishes we were still in the 3rd division.

His first words to me were that he wished he had been as successful as my great, great, grandfather.
Name me a cub owner who has not made errors in 20 years.

To accuse him of lacking ambition for his and our club is arrant nonsense.

looking back on this... at least we paid the fees for our record signing to Chrissy Morgs... can't imagine he'd take the p*ss too much (compared to other leeches)

What about the fees he intended to charge though.

Do you seriously think Kevin McCabe wishes we were still in the 3rd division.

His first words to me were that he wished he had been as successful as my great, great, grandfather.
Name me a cub owner who has not made errors in 20 years.

To accuse him of lacking ambition for his and our club is arrant nonsense.

Can't recall saying I'm anti Kev, Tom, but neither do I believe he's above any type of reasonable critique. I know there are those who can't wait to take a dig at KM at any opportunity, well I'm not one of those. Are you suggesting that Kev is above criticism of any kind? Any posts I've sent that are anti Kev are few and far between, but it doesn't harm to add an appropriate comment when it seems right. The fact that he's probably less of a twat that our other co-owner isn't the point, but to suggest that it's somehow wrong to suggest that Kev's been faultless in his stewardship of the club is wrong and unbalanced.

Being ambitious is all well and good, but it only matters if you have the wherewithal to make that ambition count for something. I'm not dismissing KM's time as Chairman, without his support the club would be in crisis of that I've no doubt, but as far as current Chairmen go he's way behind the financial curve and we need someone who can turn their ambition into something tangible, whatever that might be. Whether you agree or disagree, we need more than our current owners can offer long-term.

From its very inception I’ve hated the Premier league with a passion. Even in our brief dalliances with it, I’ve always come away from it feeling bitter. With the obscene amounts of money going into the Prem since we were last there, has just strengthened my view. I really hoped the whole Premier league model would have ate itself by now. But now we’re here once again.............Fuck it! Let’s stuff our pockets full of Premier League treasure.
not gonna lie i am loving it

|It should be illegal for clubs to pay agents. If a player wants representation they should pay them; They buying club had no say in who does the representation do they.

The top league , be it the old First Division or the Premier League as it now is , is the only place to be as a serious football fan .

Nothing compares with watching your team come up against some of the best teams in the world , with some of the best players in the world in some of the best stadiums in the world .

Anything else is a bit like knowing the bird you really want to pull , but having to take her best mate out instead .

Back
Top Bottom