Do we have a transfer plan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sell all our assets for as much money as possible. Sign loads of loan players meaning we no longer have any assets. Buy more clubs with the left over cash.

We love United world 🌎

Which new clubs are United World buying? Seeing as you seem to know who?

You certainly seem to be an expert on knowing nothing.
And yet you seem incredibly eager to show that you know even less, your every post provides the required evidence, please do correct me, prove me wrong, let's hear your knowledge, past experience or job title, or just the number of deals you have been involved in, in any capacity at any professional club.
And obviously the million dollar question, why you have chosen to deprive the club you support of your particular talents in the transfer market?

We must have known we were selling Ramsdsle for a couple of months now, and it was just a matter of getting as much for him as we could

There was only Arsenal "40 million and 1 quid for Suarez" FC interested in Ramsdale and it's taken them this long to make an offer we found acceptable. I don't equate that to knowing he was out the door in June.

And yet you seem incredibly eager to show that you know nothing, please do correct me, prove me wrong, let's hear your knowledge, past experience or job title, or just the number of deals you have been involved in, in any capacity at any professional club.
And obviously the million dollar question, why you have chosen to deprive the club you support of your particular talents in the transfer market?
My apologies, I thought this was a forum site for football fans to offer their opinions.

We must have known we were selling Ramsdsle for a couple of months now, and it was just a matter of getting as much for him as we could.
What worries me, is the lack of urgency, in the club, about getting in a replacement.Slav in his conference today says he will give the 2 keepers we have a chance, and look around outside.A plan should be in place, and/or a replacement already lined up, already.This isn’t good enough.
The games are coming thick and fast, and we need a new keeper now.
Not blaming Slav, it’s those above who are in charge of out transfer strategy, who appear to be unwilling or unable to bring in the players we so desperately need.In the past 10 months we’ve signed 1 player on loan.
The communication coming from the club is non existent.The Prince is sat somewhere in Saudi watching his 10 tv’s, never coming to the Lane, and seemingly unwilling to update us on what is happening.Not heard from Bettis in a long while either.
At least give us some reassurance that there is a plan, and it’s under control, please.
No decent keeper would get involved in detailed talks until he was clear that Ramsdale had gone, so to have a gap of 7 to 10 days seems realistic to me.

My apologies, I thought this was a forum site for football fans to offer their opinions.
It certainly is, the problem is you seem convinced your opinion is correct, and yet have no details, no facts, no evidence and no proof, other than what you think.
Now you may well think or feel that Verrips had a poor game, or that Freeman was better than Berge, based on what you saw, and I might well agree or disagree based on what I saw, we would therefore both have an opinion, one we could argue with a basis in the things that we saw, and state why we think like we do.
What is the point, what do you think you gain by giving your opinion on something you don't know anything about, it is literally the equivalent of phoning praise or grumble after a game slagging the team off, and then admitting you didn't actually go to the match as your missus was dragging you round Meadowhall.

I think the plan is to wait until the end of next week when the sales of 'any old shit' start, spend £20m on a few players, then decide 3-5-2 is our best formation with Fleck, Norwood and Berge in the middle

It certainly is, the problem is you seem convinced your opinion is correct, and yet have no details, no facts, no evidence and no proof, other than what you think.
Now you may well think or feel that Verrips had a poor game, or that Freeman was better than Berge, based on what you saw, and I might well agree or disagree based on what I saw, we would therefore both have an opinion, one we could argue with a basis in the things that we saw, and state why we think like we do.
What is the point, what do you think you gain by giving your opinion on something you don't know anything about, it is literally the equivalent of phoning praise or grumble after a game slagging the team off, and then admitting you didn't actually go to the match as your missus was dragging you round Meadowhall.
I gain nothing out of continuing a dialogue with you, and it’s just an opinion you understand, but I’m betting, I’m not the first person to feel this.
Nice talking to you, but let it go now.

We've had no plan as a club since last season started going down the drain.
The departure of Wilder was a complete mess and shouldn't have happened.
We then spent months dithering over a successor who eventually arrived late.
We then show we've no forward planning in place at all regarding transfers.
Worst of all, no spending on infrastructure, particularly academy and training, when we've had hundreds of millions coming our way over two years.
We did, though, have one of the head honchos doing an interview with Sky over the summer telling everyone how everything was under control and there was no issue with money, need to sell players etc.
All in all, showing every sign of getting our old, familiar mismanaged United back.

Worst of all, no spending on infrastructure, particularly academy and training, when we've had hundreds of millions coming our way over two years.
We did, though, have one of the head honchos doing an interview with Sky over the summer telling everyone how everything was under control and there was no issue with money, need to sell players etc.
All in all, showing every sign of getting our old, familiar mismanaged United back.

We had no plan since the end of 19/20 when we suddenly thought we were definitely going to be a Prem mainstay and had a great squad and could afford to invest in potential instead of players for the here and now.

Edit: arguably in the middle of 19/20 when we signed Sander.

And yet the deal for the land at Norton is waiting for the council to sort their end out, the training facilities didn't appear an issue in successive promotions or a top ten finish in the PL.
We are not PSG we can no more bat bids away for players than we can sign blank cheques for new signings.
There are 2 transfer windows per season, Brewster was bought last summer, the fact we were bottom of the league, and never showed any sign of escaping relegation, meant that the 2nd window was even more difficult, the deal for Lingaard evaporated as soon as Moyes and West Ham realised he was available.
If there was a need to sell players Ramsdale would have gone on Arsenals first bid, Berge would have been touted around every club in Europe, and Jebbison would have been sold to Everton, or ManU

And yet the deal for the land at Norton is waiting for the council to sort their end out, the training facilities didn't appear an issue in successive promotions or a top ten finish in the PL.
We are not PSG we can no more bat bids away for players than we can sign blank cheques for new signings.
There are 2 transfer windows per season, Brewster was bought last summer, the fact we were bottom of the league, and never showed any sign of escaping relegation, meant that the 2nd window was even more difficult, tge deal for Lingaard evaporated as soon as Moyes and West Ham realised he was available.
If there was a need to sell pkayers Ramsdale would have gone on Arsenals first bid, Berge would have been touted around every club in Europe, and Jebbison would have been sold to Everton, or ManU
Developing the infrastructure was the most concrete thing, literally, the club could have done. Something genuine to show for the efforts of the last three or four years and something that would help confirm the club as one of the clubs to go to for youth talent. The kind of thing that helps when things aren't going so well.
The transfer thing isn't about money, it's about strategy and planning. Same with appointing a new manager.
Of course it's possible the Prince has already decided he's made a terrible mistake with the new manager and won't be sanctioning much spending.
(And Wilder's still not got a job...)

Here is a fact for you. 1 loan signing that is what we have in the door.
Based on that and the length of time since we knew we were relegated can you not see why people think it have strong opinions on our recruitment particularly as practically all other teams are progressing with their business.

Developing the infrastructure was the most concrete thing, literally, the club could have done. Something genuine to show for the efforts of the last three or four years and something that would help confirm the club as one of the clubs to go to for youth talent. The kind of thing that helps when things aren't going so well.
The transfer thing isn't about money, it's about strategy and planning. Same with appointing a new manager.
Of course it's possible the Prince has already decided he's made a terrible mistake with the new manager and won't be sanctioning much spending.
(And Wilder's still not got a job...)
How many infrastructure projects are completed on time? How is HS2 going, even before the pandemic, and let's get this right, you want CW back, the man that walked away from the club he loves? That built a team that fir whatever reason didn't play for him, that never replaced JOC, but insisted on playing the same way, that had a squad top heavy with left backs and strikers, that kept playing Lundstrom week after week despite the crystal clear evidence that he couldn't be arsed,,and despite all this the real reason for relegation, a hole in the roof

Plan ................ what plan? We haven't had a plan for a good few years, we said we had a plan but when you look at the signings it just doesn't add up. We brought in players and them didn't play them, Brewster couldn't get a game for a while, Robinson for some reason not played despite getting goals, Luke freeman a few games then nothing and loaned out to Forest Robinson swapped as part ex for Burke who has pace but nothing else. Berge brought in as a Norwood upgrade but actually replaces Lundstram three left sided defenders none of them good enough.
Nothing at all brought in by the time we looked very likely to be relegated and as usual our business dealings are reactive rather than pro active. If the club knew they were going to sell Ramsdale why did we not get a keeper in before letting him go? The same will more than likely happen with Sander Berge we will let him go before we have a replacement. More to the point being Sheffield United we will more than likely sell on the last day of the window to be left short until next year. You have to be asking now why does it take so long to get a target through the door and I don't want the wages excuse that we don't pay enough when if we try to get rid of some deadwood every one shouts nobody will pay them as much as we do. You just can't have it both ways. I'm starting to wonder who actually is scouting players for us I have never seen such an unbalanced squad as we have now far too many not playing in their best and preferred positions.

Plan ................ what plan? We haven't had a plan for a good few years, we said we had a plan but when you look at the signings it just doesn't add up. We brought in players and them didn't play them, Brewster couldn't get a game for a while, Robinson for some reason not played despite getting goals, Luke freeman a few games then nothing and loaned out to Forest Robinson swapped as part ex for Burke who has pace but nothing else. Berge brought in as a Norwood upgrade but actually replaces Lundstram three left sided defenders none of them good enough.
Nothing at all brought in by the time we looked very likely to be relegated and as usual our business dealings are reactive rather than pro active. If the club knew they were going to sell Ramsdale why did we not get a keeper in before letting him go? The same will more than likely happen with Sander Berge we will let him go before we have a replacement. More to the point being Sheffield United we will more than likely sell on the last day of the window to be left short until next year. You have to be asking now why does it take so long to get a target through the door and I don't want the wages excuse that we don't pay enough when if we try to get rid of some deadwood every one shouts nobody will pay them as much as we do. You just can't have it both ways. I'm starting to wonder who actually is scouting players for us I have never seen such an unbalanced squad as we have now far too many not playing in their best and preferred positions.
Nail on the head.

The plan, as always, is, fuck about till last minute, panic, attempt to sign anyone that can play in the rough vicinity of the positions we were hoping to sign a player to fill, fail, make excuses.

That about sums it up doesnt it??

The planning at this club is an absolute shitshow. We seem to still have a league 1 scouting system, zero thought to long-term recruitment strategy (simply buying young players is not a strategy) and no plan. It's all desperation last minute bollocks. Like Slav. Panic signings

The problem with the players we want to get rid of is that they'll only be going down a level, as is usually the case with most of the players we get rid of. So, it is correct, League One clubs wont pay what their existing contract is.
So, again as usual, we end up with with deadwood and shit on the books that we can't get rid of without it costing us a fortune.

But of course we can never afford to have decent players that we might be able to offload for decent money when a manager need new ideas.
A new manager especially will find himself stuck with players that nobody of similar stature and in the same League wants.

The shyte we've had over the decades have cost us more than a constant conveyor belt of good in demand players being bought and sold ever would have done.

I'm a little concerned that the message coming out of the club appears to be that we'll be making lots of loan signings and no permanents.

So Slav is stuck with these useless turds?

How can he build a team and squad if he can't keep the players? I get that the Prince was pissed at Wilder wasting the money that he gave him, but why treat Slav the same way from the start.

I'd like to know where all the parachute payment money is going, especially given that he had relative to no debt, the lowest wage bill in the division before the players relegation pay cuts kicked in.

I'm a little concerned that the message coming out of the club appears to be that we'll be making lots of loan signings and no permanents.

So Slav is stuck with these useless turds?

How can he build a team and squad if he can't keep the players? I get that the Prince was pissed at Wilder wasting the money that he gave him, but why treat Slav the same way from the start.

I'd like to know where all the parachute payment money is going, especially given that he had relative to no debt, the lowest wage bill in the division before the players relegation pay cuts kicked in.
Fair point we made a £17m profit pre covid we have a £40m parachute payment this season and we sell our keeper for £24m we really ought to be able to bring in a few new faces rather than one £500k loan.

I fully expected rip van winkle to have identified a number of young foreign players that wilder had previously turned down but Slav would welcome as he has experience of working with these types.

Maybe this is why we need a director of football?
As whoever is in charge of getting deals done at the minute is effing useless and has been for the last 15 years

Back
Top Bottom