Do we have a transfer plan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
We must have known we were selling Ramsdsle for a couple of months now, and it was just a matter of getting as much for him as we could.
What worries me, is the lack of urgency, in the club, about getting in a replacement.Slav in his conference today says he will give the 2 keepers we have a chance, and look around outside.A plan should be in place, and/or a replacement already lined up, already.This isn’t good enough.
The games are coming thick and fast, and we need a new keeper now.
Not blaming Slav, it’s those above who are in charge of out transfer strategy, who appear to be unwilling or unable to bring in the players we so desperately need.In the past 10 months we’ve signed 1 player on loan.
The communication coming from the club is non existent.The Prince is sat somewhere in Saudi watching his 10 tv’s, never coming to the Lane, and seemingly unwilling to update us on what is happening.Not heard from Bettis in a long while either.
At least give us some reassurance that there is a plan, and it’s under control, please.

Sell all our assets for as much money as possible. Sign loads of loan players meaning we no longer have any assets. Buy more clubs with the left over cash.

We love United world 🌎
You could be right mate may be he has his eyes on another club again.

We must have known we were selling Ramsdsle for a couple of months now, and it was just a matter of getting as much for him as we could.
What worries me, is the lack of urgency, in the club, about getting in a replacement.Slav in his conference today says he will give the 2 keepers we have a chance, and look around outside.A plan should be in place, and/or a replacement already lined up, already.This isn’t good enough.
Not blaming Slav, it’s those above who are in charge of out transfer strategy, who appear to be unwilling or unable to bring in the players we so desperately need.In the past 10 months we’ve signed 1 player on loan.
The communication coming from the club is non existent.The Prince is sat somewhere in Saudi watching his 10 tv’s, never coming to the Lane, and seemingly unwilling to update us on what is happening.Not heard from Bettis in a long while either.
At least give us some reassurance that there is a plan, and it’s under control, please.
We didn't know we were selling Ramsdale, or Berge, we might have agreed a figure we were happy to accept but never at any point had a guarantee that Arsenal or anyone else would meet it, what if we wanted to sell, sent Arsenals first offer back, in the hope it would be increased and they bought Sam Johnstone instead ?
You have no proof, or idea of just who our transfer team looked at, bid on or asked if they were available, other than Davies who signed and Viera who failed a medical, why assume the issues are in our club, that Liverpool weren't undecided re letting Davies go, tgat they had other clubs also chasing him, tgat his agent told him to wait, just in case a PL club came in.
Lastly there is a pandemic going on,, the Prince took his chance when he could to fly here to convince Wilder to stay, he then flew to meet and negotiate with Slav

Last edited:
Spot on we have been on a downward slide for nearly 18 months and f--k all has been done to halt it by bringing in new blood so the slide continues. Probable end up where we were pre Wilder days. Instead of buying other clubs our owner should be looking after the ones he already has.

Sell all our assets for as much money as possible. Sign loads of loan players meaning we no longer have any assets. Buy more clubs with the left over cash.

We love United world 🌎

It's a bit like Disneyworld only more fun.

I naively assumed we were planning for this season from the point we were relegated. 😂

We didn't know we were selling Ramsdale, or Berge, we might have agreed a figure we were happy to accept but never at any point had a guarantee that Arsenal or anyone else would meet it, what if we wanted to sell, sent Arsenals first offer back, in the hope it would be increased and they bought Sam Johnstone instead ?
You have no proof, or idea of just who our transfer team looked at, bid on or asked if they were available, other than Davies who signed and Viera who failed a medical, why assume the issues are in our club, that Liverpool weren't undecided re letting Davies go, tgat they had other clubs also chasing him, tgat his agent told him to wait, just in case a PL club came in.
Lastly there is a pandemic going on,, the Prince took his chance when he could to fly here to convince Wilder to stay, he then flew to meet and negotiate with Slav
Who said, the Prince doesn’t post on here?

Literally none of our assets have been sold.
Ramsdale was our asset as a player of value. Berge is also keen to go. By replacing them with loan signings and not permanent what assets do we have? Players wise?

I’m not saying I wouldnt sell either of these players for the right money, it worries me that we’re replacing them with temporary signings

Ramsdale was our asset as a player of value. Berge is also keen to go. By replacing them with loan signings and not permanent what assets do we have? Players wise?
Everyone else that's under contract, all have a value, some far bigger than others, but as in every other area of life, their value, like your car, house or wristwatch is limited to what someone will pay.

As much as I'm frustrated with the lack of incomings and agree that they are desperately needed, we don't operate in isolation. We are reliant on other teams doing their business as well as us wanting to complete ours.

Also, why would we want the club to outline it's plan when that would just lay all our cards on the table in front of our competitors. Though it may be frustrating for fans, radio silence from the club on transfers is a good thing for conducting negotiations.

No, we don’t have a plan.

what a bunch of amateurs. They are the loser squad we have are going to wreck this club if they don’t start putting in some collective effort.

No, we don’t have a plan.

what a bunch of amateurs. They are the loser squad we have are going to wreck this club if they don’t start putting in some collective effort.
And you obviously have proof of this that your willing to share, knowing that if you didn't its just your opinion based on nothing which would make you look like someone that forms conclusions without facts, or experience or knowledge

And you obviously have proof of this that your willing to share, knowing that if you didn't its just your opinion based on nothing which would make you look like someone that forms conclusions without facts, or experience or knowledge
Yes, I have proof they are losers.

they’ve lost 34 of the last 44 games.

Ive watched every one of those games and formed my conclusion based on that.

I have experienced this team, and have knowledge of how bad they are.

As for their transfer methods, to quote Captain Willard, I don’t see any method at all. If you have insight into the grand plan, please enlighten me. Otherwise I’ll sit right here on the edge of my seat waiting for us to bring someone in who can create goals or put a tackle in.

Yes, I have proof they are losers.

they’ve lost 34 of the last 44 games.

Ive watched every one of those games and formed my conclusion based on that.

I have experienced this team, and have knowledge of how bad they are.

As for their transfer methods, to quote Captain Willard, I don’t see any method at all. If you have insight into the grand plan, please enlighten me. Otherwise I’ll sit right here on the edge of my seat waiting for us to bring someone in who can create goals or put a tackle in.
You just nailed it, the difference between us, you see I don't claim to know what the transfer team are doing, or not doing, you however seem to have the inside track, and know who we are considering, who we have offers in for, how far away the deals are, literally everything, and yet you don't but it doesn't stop you in sharing your opinion on a subject you know nothing about, have never experienced or researched.

We love United world 🌎
How does the Prince get the money out of Sheffield United and into another club?

You just nailed it, the difference between us, you see I don't claim to know what the transfer team are doing, or not doing, you however seem to have the inside track, and know who we are considering, who we have offers in for, how far away the deals are, literally everything, and yet you don't but it doesn't stop you in sharing your opinion on a subject you know nothing about, have never experienced or researched.
The difference between us is you care what I think.

And I don’t care what you think.

No plan ... inept recruitment team ... alleged targets going to opposition... what a dissapointing mess. Prince too interested in adding to his portfolio of teams. Gone quiet on the new training ground front also ... Parachute money and selling our players there's no excuse not to be able to put a decent team out. Slav is not to blame hope he can turn it round. UTB

Everyone else that's under contract, all have a value, some far bigger than others, but as in every other area of life, their value, like your car, house or wristwatch is limited to what someone will pay.
Yep and that worries me. We'll still be paying for McBurnie, Moose, Brewster, Berge as payments are usually split on yearly basis based on their contract, but they're all probably worth at the most half their value inc Berge!

I genuinely couldn't put a value on any of our other players other than Baldock, Bogle, Egan who I feel are pretty decent.

I don't think it would be a plan as such.

The club will undoubtedly have a "plan" for revenue generation in various scenarios. With relegation that will make selling players much more of a priority than buying players was in the Premier league (to take us forward). The club will definitely have a min value and a realistic value for each player which they consider to be a saleable asset. They may even have this as a strategy, aligned with Slav's thoughts to ensure that we give ourselves the best chance to go back up.

What we can do though is identify targets for the positions which we both need to improve, need to get back ups for and need to have as a contingency for in case we lose a player, like Ramsdale.

We can have the best strategy, we can even plan for the worst and we can even be ready to press the button, but given that there are factors such as Selling Club, the Player, the players agent, the other rival clubs (see Villa), the medical history (see Viera), the timing, the structure of the finance deal, the pandemic, the location of the individual, the fax machine.... we could end up fucked over in trying to realise the plan...

What communication do you want from the club? Why do fans always insist on the club commenting on every step. I'd rather never hear from the Prince or Bettis again if it means that they're getting deals done... and even if they're not, i'd rather not hear from them on transfers. We can hear from them at the end of the season when they feed us some warm fuzzy line to get us to renew our season tickets.

I’m a harsh critic of the previous recruitment policy - Chris fancies someone so we buy him - the club would be mad to sanction another spree....we need a calculated approach that ensures we buy no more duds/rubbish, if this takes time then so be it.We can already forget going up this season , let’s reshape the squad and try and get rid of some of the deadwood...

I’m a harsh critic of the previous recruitment policy - Chris fancies someone so we buy him - the club would be mad to sanction another spree....we need a calculated approach that ensures we buy no more duds/rubbish, if this takes time then so be it.We can already forget going up this season , let’s reshape the squad and try and get rid of some of the deadwood...
Taking your time with recruitment is one thing, but being utterly inept at having a replacement keeper ready
to be moved in, and not even knowing whether the 2 you have left are competent is another.
They’ve been chasing Veira since July, as our big hope for the midfield, only to find he’s not fit enough, 2 weeks into the season
Other teams especially our rivals have made their moves eg Mowatt West Brom, Wilson, Fulham,and hit the ground running.
By the time we realise we need a new keeper the chance of automatics will be gone.I sincerely hope there is a plan, but as far as I can piece together from the little that is coming out of the Lane, or rather not, is decidedly worrying.We have had since last January to plan for this window and here we are with 10 days to go, missing targets, finding out at the last minute one of our big targets isn’t fit enough, and playing Russian roulette with our 2 remaining keepers to see if either of them can hack it.Verrips looked shell shocked the other night.

I assume our squad building plans are going like this:

I think Slav is coming up against a similar problem Wilder had with transfers. Wilder used to talk out to the press to get actions. Some would say this was silly. Partly it was because it raised the tensions with him and the board. Wilder had numerous disciplinaries in his past 18 months with the club. Sometimes for criticising a players poor performance. (Henderson poss v. Liverpool for instance).

I think the club isn't set up right with it's transfer policies. And I'm not talking about scouting.

I'm sure we will bring some in soon, Slav wants 5 or 6 I'm guessing 3 or 4 might arrive.
We don't of course want anyone, we do want the right ones and quality. And we don't want just all loans either.

Taking your time with recruitment is one thing, but being utterly inept at having a replacement keeper ready
to be moved in, and not even knowing whether the 2 you have left are competent is another.
They’ve been chasing Veira since July, as our big hope for the midfield, only to find he’s not fit enough, 2 weeks into the season
Other teams especially our rivals have made their moves eg Mowatt West Brom, Wilson, Fulham,and hit the ground running.
By the time we realise we need a new keeper the chance of automatics will be gone.I sincerely hope there is a plan, but as far as I can piece together from the little that is coming out of the Lane, or rather not, is decidedly worrying.We have had since last January to plan for this window and here we are with 10 days to go, missing targets, finding out at the last minute one of our big targets isn’t fit enough, and playing Russian roulette with our 2 remaining keepers to see if either of them can hack it.Verrips looked shell shocked the other night.
You know when you have no knowledge of a subject and no experience but still talk about it,,it is literally the same as not knowing what you are talking about

Back
Top Bottom