Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't understand whats going on with Diego. If he was anywhere near as good as everyone makes out, Clough would know. Clough has never shirked from giving youngsters a chance, just look at Reed. If he felt Diego was good enough, he would play him. Look at the clamour of clubs wanting to sign him errr York City.
Diego needs to put in some hard work, prove his quality and then look at what opportunities there are. United have a good track record of giving youngsters a chance and every opportunity in the first team.
My conclusion is Diego is currently not good enough to play consistent 1st team football.

Now rumoured to be heading North to Celtic... Any potential compensation fee goes out of the window should that happen right?

How much game time does he think he'll get at Celtic? More than at BDBL or less?

This article suggests that Juventus are in pole position to sign young Diego.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/201...se-for-sheffield-united-starlet-de-girolamo/?

How much game time does he expect to get at Juve??? Seriously. If, as we're told, he won't sign the contract we've offered him because we can't or won't guarantee him opportunities in the first team, does he really think he'll get more games there? Who does he think he'll replace in their team?

If he does sign for Juve he's deluded to think he'll get more opportunities in their first team than in ours.
Or perhaps it isn't about game time after all.

He can go to Timbuc-fuckin-too for all I care. The lad has made his decision, he thinks his career will be better served elsewhere so off you trot Diego, good luck son.

This article suggests that Juventus are in pole position to sign young Diego.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/201...se-for-sheffield-united-starlet-de-girolamo/?

How much game time does he expect to get at Juve??? Seriously. If, as we're told, he won't sign the contract we've offered him because we can't or won't guarantee him opportunities in the first team, does he really think he'll get more games there? Who does he think he'll replace in their team?

If he does sign for Juve he's deluded to think he'll get more opportunities in their first team than in ours.
Or perhaps it isn't about game time after all.

If he does sign , and its a big if , he will be immediately be loaned out to a Serie B or C side , and then lost in the football abyss of " players who didn't make it" list.

The future for the lad is not orange , blue , black / white but red and white. He and his so called advisers should realise that.

UTB

What we've never seen we won't miss.

He sounds like he needs grounding. Seen this many times when I managed youth teams. People would turn up with their kids saying they are wonder players and are looking for a new club cause they don't like the way their current club treat them.

Sign them and they are OK/good but spent the season managing their parents if they didn't play every game as centre forward. They couldn't accept their kid needed developing, needed their football mind and teamwork developing.

Usually ended in tears with them looking for another club or me not picking them nxt season

I don't care who it is, if a player doesn't want to play for my club, let them go. We need players whose head and heart are with the club.

Much as I didn't want Harry to leave and I still think it's a mistake as he should have given it another season, he wanted away.

The shame of it is that with hard work and humility he could have been a Lane Legend. I never will be. He doesn't even want to. I think that's why I struggle to comprehend his decision.

I must correct that Tarquin, you ARE a lane legend, it's just that your status is realised amongst a select few.....who else sits at the top table? Who else is discussed in such reverential terms? (well most of the time). Who else has managed to combine acute intelligence with an appetite for (so rumour has it) the geezer mentality that is now taken as read? You sir, are legend.

I must correct that Tarquin, you ARE a lane legend, it's just that your status is realised amongst a select few.....who else sits at the top table? Who else is discussed in such reverential terms? (well most of the time). Who else has managed to combine acute intelligence with an appetite for (so rumour has it) the geezer mentality that is now taken as read? You sir, are legend.

xp3eau%2Bcopy.jpg

What we've never seen we won't miss.

He sounds like he needs grounding. Seen this many times when I managed youth teams. People would turn up with their kids saying they are wonder players and are looking for a new club cause they don't like the way their current club treat them.

Sign them and they are OK/good but spent the season managing their parents if they didn't play every game as centre forward. They couldn't accept their kid needed developing, needed their football mind and teamwork developing.

Usually ended in tears with them looking for another club or me not picking them nxt season

Chuck in 3 year contract that is pushing the best part of £1M and......

Few rumours cropping up that DDG is on his way to our porky neighbours!

Anyone heard anything? Enough of you seem to talk to his dad....

Well they can't score any goals.
8 in 15 home matches
So they might as well try to poach one of our brightest youf prospects seeing as they can't develop their own. :eek:

I think bad advice is at the root of Diego's problems. As in, by now he should have made more progress, and the reason for the lack of this is other people not giving him the opportunities he deserves. Sad really when you consider that United stood by him while he recovered from injury, but I guess that's taken as being part of United's obligation towards any player.

I think we'll see far more is revealed during the next year or so, and that Diego will use York as a showcase to try and impress more established teams. Good luck to the lad, but I get the impression that his ego needs feeding, and who better to do this than his father and an agent who see's Diego as a sound financial reward should a major deal happen.

Clough's responsibility is toward the club. If a bad influence appears, one that could cause upset amongst the younger element, why is anyone surprised that Clough has reached the end of his tether? It wasn't as if United didn't offer Diego a new contract, one that by all accounts had improved terms. And this toffee about all the boy wants to do is play football is just that. If Diego's ego has swollen to such an extent then Clough was completely within his managerial remit to nip this in the bud. It's time to move on, and there's far more to life than being concerned by the behaviour of a fragile ego that needs constant stroking.

I remember us nursing a couple of other players back to health including a failed drugs test and them wanting away. Where is the loyalty??

I'd like to see him knuckle down and fight for his place, he will get a chance. He's 19 and had what would have been in the past a career ending injury which has taken a lot of momentum out of his progression. An injury he got not playing for us too.

It wouldn't hurt him to listen to Bob Harris and John Brayford rather than his ego/Dad/Agent

And this toffee about all the boy wants to do is play football is just that.
I don't know how anybody can say that it's toffee, DDG wanting to play football at this moment in time, when it's quite clear he's moved down a division to do just that. This is a fact mate and not toffee, but don't let the facts get in the way of an agenda on the lad.

I don't know how anybody can say that it's toffee, DDG wanting to play football at this moment in time, when it's quite clear he's moved down a division to do just that. This is a fact mate and not toffee, but don't let the facts get in the way of an agenda on the lad.

This is the bit I don't get though wizadry he could drop down a division to get game time and still sign the contract. Not signing says to me it is not all about wanting first team football more like he is wanting a much larger wedge every month, he must surely realise if he goes to a higher club than us he will be bunged straight into a development squad or loaned out to league 2. IMHO he has listened to some really bad advice or maybe he fancies a year or two holiday in Italy, either way more cash now but a career flushed down the shitter.

Back
Top Bottom