Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'this is what I had been told and don't shoot the messenger' So first you was told by someone and then seconds later 'his words to me was when he is at York'
You are clearly full of shit.

He's obviously referring to the bloke who told him when he says "his words to me when he is at York".
I don't see any point in abusing people just for passing on gossip they've heard. It is in the "Rumour mill" section after all.
You could always just ignore it or take it with a pinch of salt if you don't believe it yourself.

In this case, it's hardly a totally far-fetched rumour and there may be something in it.
We will know better when Diego decides to puts pen to paper on a new contract or not.

'this is what I had been told and don't shoot the messenger' So first you was told by someone and then seconds later 'his words to me was when he is at York'
I really don't mind if you choose to not believe a word of my post. I have personally never started a rumour thread before as I have no direct links to anyone nor do I pretend to but I wanted to pass on information that had come from someone I trust.

Starting a thread on an open forum invites people to have their opinion, if you are choosing to abuse me about one of my posts please use common sense before hand.

He's obviously referring to the bloke who told him when he says "his words to me when he is at York".
I don't see any point in abusing people just for passing on gossip they've heard. It is in the "Rumour mill" section after all.
You could always just ignore it or take it with a pinch of salt if you don't believe it yourself.

In this case, it's hardly a totally far-fetched rumour and there may be something in it.
We will know better when Diego decides to puts pen to paper on a new contract or not.

To be fair to Rossb 123 , there is actually some truth in what he says . On a another note all things Diego , i had the pleasure of meeting journalist Oliver Holt , who did say that a number of clubs have been watching him , when playing for York and scout director Fabio Paratici , at Juventus , has him on the radar as a possible , and intend having a further look when viewing 2no premiership players .

Oliver Holt thinks he will play in the next couple of games , if the blades want him in the shop window.

My view , i think he will sign a new contract and stick with the blades. Signing for a top Italian club sounds great , but he would finish up being loaned out to a club in Serie B , and in to oblivion.

He has a great future , ( although he has not done it for me yet at the lane ) , and Mr Clough will make the right decision , what ever it is , and will not let the club be held to ransom , who ever the player is . If Diego has had a sulk , due to lack of opportunities , one thing What Mr Clough will do for Diego , is make him grow up , and be a better player .

UTB

I've heard similar stories to Ross from an ITK source, and I've no history of positng this type of stuff.

UTB

Diego's development was hampered at a time when he was just breaking into the first team by a horrible injury.

He has been sent to York where he did ok at best and while he has potential, he is obviously a long way from the finished article.

United have offered him a contract; Clough is a manager with a proven track record of managing, developing and giving opportunities to youngsters. If he decides to go elsewhere then so be it.

Also having just read the entirity of this thread, if Dimaio or Diego have a similar attitude to their mate on here then it is no wonder they have been knocked down a peg or two.

Blimey.

Wants to leave due to lack of first team opportunities but is considering Sunderland?

How do some journos get jobs?
Yeah made me laugh too if he isn't getting enough 1st team football here then he should consider moving to Hartlepool rather than Sunderland. Listening to Clough in his post match interview wages are not the problem so it would seem the lad has a rather high opinion of himself. If he is so desperate for 1st team football he should get his head down and work for it, I'm sure Reed didn't force his way into the team by having the titty lip on. For all the skill Diego has if his attitude isn't right he will go the way of countless others, either non league or bench warming at some place who are happy to pay high wages to non starters for a few years like Slew and Maguire, Where is Slew now ? Where will Maguire be next season ? Sitting on their arses never gets young uns anywhere.

Wants to leave due to lack of first team opportunities but is considering Sunderland?

Wants to leave due to lack of first team opportunities.

He should take a look at Harry at Hull City.

If he stays at SUFC , he will have the potential to become a very good influential player . If he moves , to a team like Sunderland , he will be on the football scrap heap by the time he is 21.

UTB

What was the significance of the hand gesture after he scored, shaping his hands to form a letter/s?

Another player did it on MOTD, maybe it's the new shirt removal....

Personally, I'd prefer unbridled joy rather than a manufactured affectation, with manly handshakes all round.

Personally, I'd prefer unbridled joy rather than a manufactured affectation, with manly handshakes all round.

How to celebrate:

John-Brayford-the-Sheffie-012.jpg

Don't disagree with your thought process mate,but i personally don't think most footballers think like that.What he or his agent will propably be thinking is am i better not playing at Sheff Utd or not playing at Sunderland and i think you know what the answer would be for most players.I must reiterate this isn't what i think he should do,it's what i think he will propably do.Lets hope that goal helps to keep him with us as he is going to be a classy player in time.

There was one bit of play in the match yesterday what stunk of quality and it was when Diego won a 50/50,he layed the ball of to Basham,then Diego didn't just stand there,he continued his run into the box past about 4 or 5 players,Basham then found him with a quality clip ball over the top of the defence and Diego slotted it passed the keeper and but for the defender clearing it off the line would have scored.This little move is what Barcelona do a lot of and would have been talked about for weeks if it had gone in,great play from both players.

Last edited:
What was the significance of the hand gesture after he scored, shaping his hands to form a letter/s?

Another player did it on MOTD, maybe it's the new shirt removal....

It was an S for Sunderland (where he's going at the end of the season), Snapback (that lad loves his caps) and Smith (the surname he wishes he had).

What an awful attitude he has.

It was an S for Sunderland (where he's going at the end of the season), Snapback (that lad loves his caps) and Smith (the surname he wishes he had).

What an awful attitude he has.

I still cannot work out what all the hype is about or were it came from in the first place. He is not even a first team regular.

The guy is good , but not that good to justify the level of reporting in the press.

Its like a C list celebrity , whose claim to fame , is just being on big brother.

UTB

Keep him in the side now see If he can keep up his phenomenal freescoring record

I still cannot work out what all the hype is about or were it came from in the first place. He is not even a first team regular.

The guy is good , but not that good to justify the level of reporting in the press.

Its like a C list celebrity , whose claim to fame , is just being on big brother.

UTB

Really? He burst through the youth ranks at a very young age, with bags of skill, lots of goals and a tug of war between England and Italy. Not to mention talk of Arrigo Sacchi calling him to ask him to play for the latter.

He's localish, forever linked with the biggest clubs in the world and yes, he has a cool name. Its also worth noting that he signed pro terms with great fanfare from the club.

Unluckily, he had a terrible injury which hampered his development. The excitement and hype is not surprising in the least.

Whats disappointing is this odd backlash that seems eager for him to have a bad attitude and a career akin to Tony Battersby. All based on rumours that he wears a cap, has a range rover and is eager for first team football. What a bastard eh?

Really? He burst through the youth ranks at a very young age, with bags of skill, lots of goals and a tug of war between England and Italy. Not to mention talk of Arrigo Sacchi calling him to ask him to play for the latter.

He's localish, forever linked with the biggest clubs in the world and yes, he has a cool name. Its also worth noting that he signed pro terms with great fanfare from the club.

Unluckily, he had a terrible injury which hampered his development. The excitement and hype is not surprising in the least.

Whats disappointing is this odd backlash that seems eager for him to have a bad attitude and a career akin to Tony Battersby. All based on rumours that he wears a cap, has a range rover and is eager for first team football. What a bastard eh?

Yes i agree with you . I even mentioned the Arrigo Sacchi watching him and the comments of journalist Henry Winter in a previous post.

Not knocking the young player . I just dont think he has earned all the hype yet , and is doing him or SUFC no good at all.

wearing a cap , driving a range rover , good luck to him , but the reporting and contract delay in signing , will wear thin with Mr Clough . Mr Clough will run out of patience , and he cannot become a integral part of Mr Cloughs plans , if he is delaying signing.

Mr Clough runs the show , as we all know.

It is what he does on the pitch and in training that counts . Why is this not happening - Because Mr Clough does not think he is good enough yet. I for one go with Mr Clough judgement on the player , that any red top journalistic reporting .

He has potential , and that is what he has is going for him at the moment . He has to prove it and be patient . Look at Reed as the perfect example.

There is no backlash from any blade . The contract just wants sorting , and all will be happy. It is then up to the player to step up to the mark.

UTB

For all the talent he clearly has, i'll choose to side with Cloughs decision whatever may happen. If Diego had left on Wilsons watch, i'd be disappointed because Wilson always seemed afraid to test young talent within the club, but Clough isn't. For whatever reason he doesn't feel Diego is ready.

I am 90% sure that Diego will leave to get some game time and I hope he doesn't. How some people explode in their pants about the challenges Maguire/Slew/Lowton etc. have faced

For all the talent he clearly has, i'll choose to side with Cloughs decision whatever may happen. If Diego had left on Wilsons watch, i'd be disappointed because Wilson always seemed afraid to test young talent within the club, but Clough isn't. For whatever reason he doesn't feel Diego is ready.

I am 90% sure that Diego will leave to get some game time and I hope he doesn't. How some people explode in their pants about the challenges Maguire/Slew/Lowton etc. have faced

If he was as red hot as people believe, then why were York the only takers for his loan signature? I expect him to sign a new contract and go out on loan again. United aren't what's standing between him and first team football. If he believes that then he's wrong.

As Nigel said in the radio interview wages are not the problem 1st team football is what is wanted. Is it just me or is Clough renowned for giving young players their chance. If Diego is ready he will get his chance here but he will have to earn it. The contract is there waiting to be signed but as Nigel said it will not stay on the table for ever. I think it is time someone got his head down and put some hard work in and stopped listening to the hype otherwise he will be a nobody by the time he is in his twenties. Lets hope he makes the right choice, Nigel wants him to stay so he must see something in him and in this case Nigel knows best.

Back
Top Bottom