Derby players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me, only one, always steady as they come, for the squad, RB Nathan Byrne, more clubs than Jack Nicklaus, getting on a bit, never seen him have a bad game.

I’d take a look at Louie Sibley, purely for the fact he is a wonder kid on FM meaning he’s probably half decent (joking, but not joking)
He’s available he nearly went on loan to reading on deadline day.

I don't think we need any more short-arses in our defence, tbf
Totally get what you're saying, but it's sometimes the case that the tall players can't jump, more of natural agility, Osborn and Billy albeit forwards, have no problems mixing it with tall defenders.
I remember Matt Hill, 5' 7" playing at centre half, maybe provokes opinion, but he certainly could out jump many in an ariel battle

Totally get what you're saying, but it's sometimes the case that the tall players can't jump, more of natural agility, Osborn and Billy albeit forwards, have no problems mixing it with tall defenders.
I remember Matt Hill, 5' 7" playing at centre half, maybe provokes opinion, but he certainly could out jump many in an ariel battle
Fair point, and Del Geary was exactly the same - tiny guy but could jump like a gazelle. I don't mind Byrne, but I just don't necessarily think that he'd add much to our squad.

For me, only one, always steady as they come, for the squad, RB Nathan Byrne, more clubs than Jack Nicklaus, getting on a bit, never seen him have a bad game.

Which is weird because I actually thought he was poor on Saturday. On several occasions he looked like someone who wasn't all that used to playing at RB and therefore he wasn't always sure of exactly where he needed to be. At least twice he let Osborn make a run down the left wing all on his own, he was fortunate that on both occasions Norrington-Davies decided not to make the pass, otherwise Byrne would've been well out of position.

Berge is no high jump champion !

Eiran Cashin and Festy Ebosele are the two players that my Derby season ticket mate doesn't want to lose.

Seen them both play a couple of times and they look good to be fair. Cashin is a big unit of a centre back and Ebosele is like a young Traore but seems to have a little more skill on the ball than Traore did at that age.

We could definitely do with a little more physicality in the team, not including Moose's gut of course.

Edit : he also mentioned Sibley, Bird and Knight but said he's already resigned to losing them in January

Eiran Cashin and Festy Ebosele are the two players that my Derby season ticket mate doesn't want to lose.

Seen them both play a couple of times and they look good to be fair. Cashin is a big unit of a centre back and Ebosele is like a young Traore but seems to have a little more skill on the ball than Traore did at that age.

We could definitely do with a little more physicality in the team, not including Moose's gut of course.

Edit : he also mentioned Sibley, Bird and Knight but said he's already resigned to losing them in January
Agree about Festy. He's an exciting young player, played for the ROI youth teams and likes to get stuck in. All the Derby fans I know really like him. He's not the finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely one for the future and I'd imagine there are probably a lot of upper-end Championship clubs and even some Premier League ones looking at him.

Agree about Festy. He's an exciting young player, played for the ROI youth teams and likes to get stuck in. All the Derby fans I know really like him. He's not the finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely one for the future and I'd imagine there are probably a lot of upper-end Championship clubs and even some Premier League ones looking at him.
Their academy might be one of the only promises Morris delivered on. His stated aim was to make it one of the best and to have it supplement the first team and bogle, Lowe, Gordon, knight, sibley, Whitaker, Buchanan, ebosele and bird are all of that required standard. Unfortunately due to his catastrophic management of other areas they’ve either had to be sold in the recent past or will be sold very soon.

Now that it has been confirmed today that the RAMS will be playing league 1 football are there any potential players Derby have who Utd should consider signing this summer.

For me Tom Lawrence

Now that it has been confirmed today that the RAMS will be playing league 1 football are there any potential players Derby have who Utd should consider signing this summer.

For me Tom Lawrence
Offer a swap deal. I have one or two players in mind…

Give them jebbo on loan for the season as part of a deal. I think swap deals will be greatly welcomed by derby

How about a cheeky low bid for Bielik? When fit I think he’s a great player

Derby are the team to pillage this summer, with swap and loan deals if possible and steal if that doesnt work.

Jason Knight, Krystian Bielik, Max Bird, Louie Sibley and Jack Stretton are currently the only Derby County players with contracts running beyond the end of the season

Why oh why do people think we could get a good player with a cheeky bid? We couldn’t attract average PL quality players when we were int PL and finished 9th.

What money we had (£120m) we embarrassed ourselves by spanking it up the wall in an episode that made Jack in the beanstalk story look like Alan Sugar in his purchases.

We need to focus how we hang on to the promising youngsters we’ve got coming through and live with journeymen and loans until and if we ever attract a cash rich takeover. United (along with many other clubs) are one of those clubs caught between the PL super rich and L2 part timers, we’re to poor to succeed above Championship and to big to survive in lower league funding model.

As long as big money is allowed to be laundered through football it won’t change and neither will our position of being too big and too small at the same time.

Not sure why so many are suggesting swap deals - there's a reason why so few are seen. They add complexity to deals by increasing the number of parties that need to agree to particular elements - it only takes one of those parts not to be agreed for the whole deal the break down.

Not sure why so many are suggesting swap deals - there's a reason why so few are seen. They add complexity to deals by increasing the number of parties that need to agree to particular elements - it only takes one of those parts not to be agreed for the whole deal the break down.
True if football transfer were that simple, cash and egos are the currency

Back
Top Bottom