Derby players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd suggest not buying players from bottom of the Championship teams, it will lead to us going to the bottom of the Championship.

I'd suggest not buying players from bottom of the Championship teams, it will lead to us going to the bottom of the Championship.
Potentially but especially with the young players it’s possible that with further development they become far better than lower championship players and the time to get in on them is now before we’re priced out on them similar to Watkins and cash. Also it’s possible that a few players in that side are being dragged down by those around them and the general chaos the club is in. We’ve been shocking in the past and yet has some really good young players in those bad sides.

Potentially but especially with the young players it’s possible that with further development they become far better than lower championship players and the time to get in on them is now before we’re priced out on them similar to Watkins and cash. Also it’s possible that a few players in that side are being dragged down by those around them and the general chaos the club is in. We’ve been shocking in the past and yet has some really good young players in those bad sides.
If they’re cheap as chips then we should take them, anyone half decent will be subject to multiple offers and we’ll not end up getting the steal that we should have done.

If they’re cheap as chips then we should take them, anyone half decent will be subject to multiple offers and we’ll not end up getting the steal that we should have done.
If they go into admin then they will be cheap in terms of cost look at Wigan the list Robinson for 2 million and then two 16 year olds for 1 million each one to spurs and one to Leeds and maybe another to Brighton but can’t remember the price. You’re right they will receive multiple contract offers but we have a bit of a link there now in bogle and Lowe plus they wouldn’t have to move away from family to come here and you’d assume next year we’d have ambitions we wouldn’t be unattractive. We probably won’t move for them but I’d like to see us be really ruthless for once and take advantage of a situation.

They’re only selling kids and not one of them gets in our team.

I watched Derby against the grunters and Knight really impressed me we should def be looking to sign him

I watched Derby against the grunters and Knight really impressed me we should def be looking to sign him
deffo not, too lightweight, side to side passer. we need athletes not another norwood

deffo not, too lightweight, side to side passer. we need athletes not another norwood
well it was just one match against the grunters but knight looked ok and got his foot in that match

Rooney appointed Derby manager, what a fantastic playing career the kids had, the list of his achievements is staggering, only thing missing is a World Cup finalists medal..
GLTTL in his management career......

beat me to it! i was actually going to suggest Sibley, i do think he will be after epl football though... on the other hand he will also want a nailed on starting position so maybe we would be in for a shout

Might be time to revive this the takeover has fallen through and theres rumours in the press derby have to service 60 million via player sales in the summer to avoid liquidation. United should be monitoring this carefully.

Last edited:
Might be time to revive this the takeover has fallen through and theres rumours in the press derby have to service 60 million via player sales in the summer to avoid liquidation. United should be monitoring this carefully.
Not a lot left that’s worth taking now .
They may even start next season with a points deduction just to make things worse.
However there appears to be an American consortium about to pounce, so all will be well ??

If that’s the case they are literally doomed.

there’s not £60m of talent in that squad. And to make matters worse for them the cultures will be circling knowing the shit they are in and picking off players well below any price they want.
Failing that, clubs could sit and watch the club go to the wall and then sign the players for nowt

Not a lot left that’s worth taking now .
They may even start next season with a points deduction just to make things worse.
However there appears to be an American consortium about to pounce, so all will be well ??
There’s a lot of academy talent left at Derby they only lost Gordon in January. As other have said though that won’t raise the required funds they might have to sell any property the club has left. You’d think if the consortium was in places they have been the preferred bidder from the beginning over a conman like alonso

Shouldn't worry to much about any of there players mate, there shit that's why they finished 4th bottom.

Shouldn't worry to much about any of there players mate, there shit that's why they finished 4th bottom.
It possible to be a good player in a bad side especially younger players. Maguire played in some extremely mediocre united sides Murphy wasn’t bad either.

3 of Wigan’s youngsters were snapped up by prem sides last summer after their difficulties United should be looking at what is a very good academy system at derby and doing the same.

From yesterday game was there anyone of note who you’d take, to help for the second half of the season?

I presume they’ll be able to for a bargain price now that they’ve fallen into administration.

Didn’t go to the game, but just a few names I think we should look at are Bird, Sibley and Lawrence.

From yesterday game was there anyone of note who you’d take, to help for the second half of the season?

I presume they’ll be able to for a bargain price now that they’ve fallen into administration.

Didn’t go to the game, but just a few names I think we should look at are Bird, Sibley and Lawrence.
Lawrence blows hot and cold, to be fair. Bit of a Billy Big Bollocks. I think we can do better.

Lawrence blows hot and cold, to be fair. Bit of a Billy Big Bollocks. I think we can do better.
A player who I’d have definite character concerns about after the car crash incident as well.

Yeah they had a lad at centre back who looked like he’d be a massive upgrade on Robinson, name of Jagielka or something...

Was the other one Curtis Davies? They were both fantastic
Yep, although in fairness Egan and Davies are solid, and Basham too obviously, but we’ve already had to rely on C3PO a few times this season and I’d take either Jags or Davies over him.

I’d take a look at Louie Sibley, purely for the fact he is a wonder kid on FM meaning he’s probably half decent (joking, but not joking)

Back
Top Bottom