Derby players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Apparently they are experiencing tough times paying their players and looking to offload some of their young talent..... Anyone know if they have anyone of interest?

Apparently they are experiencing tough times paying their players and looking to offload some of their young talent..... Anyone know if they have anyone of interest?
What happened to the so called takeover then with the Billionaire's,allegedly the richest people in the World?

Sibley as mentioned above. Bird and knight also young players with first team experience. Krystian bielik young ball playing centreback/defensive midfielder came through at arsenal good pedigree they paid 10 mill for him if we could get him for less than that it’s a steal and he could be a monster for us. Then theres Buchanan who’s a left wingback/centreback and Whittaker who’s a striker both are very young and getting game time this year.

What happened to the so called takeover then with the Billionaire's,allegedly the richest people in the World?
It’s stalled they’re having trouble paying players and are staring down the barrel of administration.

Kamil Jozwiak. He plays on the wing for Derby but is very similar to Duffy in how he plays

Their 7, quality player. Bird and Sibley(Silby?) will go off to teams guaranteed to be in the prem next season. One of Villa, Leeds or Everton I would guess

Their 7, quality player. Bird and Sibley(Silby?) will go off to teams guaranteed to be in the prem next season. One of Villa, Leeds or Everton I would guess

Number 7 is Kamil Jozwiak

I was thinking him too, but unless we can get him for a cut price he'd only be 2nd to both Egan and Basham. Doubt he'd want to come as cover for them though.
I’d back him to displace Basham within his first year. Also due to Basham’s age the club need to be planning to move him into the role jags has played this year on the bench making the occasional cameo despite how good Basham undoubtably is. To go into any season now expecting Basham to finish it is asking for trouble from a planning point of view he’s at the age where any injury or any off season could be his last.

I’d back him to displace Basham within his first year. Also due to Basham’s age the club need to be planning to move him into the role jags has played this year on the bench making the occasional cameo despite how good Basham undoubtably is. To go into any season now expecting Basham to finish it is asking for trouble from a planning point of view he’s at the age where any injury or any off season could be his last.
Even though he is my favourite player of the past few years because of the way he started his career with us, we should be looking at upgrades in all positions when they are identified. Many have come in to replace him and he has somehow risen to the challenge. The reason we may have hit a wall in the last year is the lack of quality replacements to rotate the team and give players who are playing above their natural limit a rest. I would much rather have Bash on the bench to call on if we could get someone in than Jag's or the invisible man like we have now

I was thinking him too, but unless we can get him for a cut price he'd only be 2nd to both Egan and Basham. Doubt he'd want to come as cover for them though.
Potential successor to Basham but I was more thinking in midfield. Good passer and decent size.

Siblie would be an obvious good investment. Also Knight has a good scoring record.

Kaide Gordon will end up at a big club but I doubt we can be patient enough on him.

I’ll take Wayne Rooney, he’s England’s and Man Uniteds all time record goal scorer

It’s stalled they’re having trouble paying players and are staring down the barrel of administration.

aren’t they also starting down the barrel of a points deduction too fir doing the same nonsense that the tramps did? There FFP is all over the place probably the reason the take over has stalled

aren’t they also starting down the barrel of a points deduction too fir doing the same nonsense that the tramps did? There FFP is all over the place probably the reason the take over has stalled
No, that's sorted. Their situation was completely different; the unclean fraudulently reported when they'd received the income, whereas Derby sold their ground for what some people thought was an inflated fee. However, they'd sought independent valuation, and selling their ground to the owner to create a source of income had in fact been recommended to them as a sensible course of action by the EFL, so a points deduction was never on the cards.

They're not going to go into administration, either. There's a cash-flow problem because the takeover is taking longer than expected, so neither the current nor new owners want to pump the money in to pay the wages until it's sorted.

Finally, I have to declare an interest due to family connections, but I think it would be unfair to penalise teams for FFP breaches since the Covid outbreak (even since before that, if clubs were expecting money to come in during the pandemic). Everyone's finances will be all over the place.

Seems like they've got a lot of good players for a side thats 3rd bottom of the championship

TBF they have more players I think could do a job for Utd than the illustrious side that currently sits one place above them in the table.

I'd still take Rooney to be honest

Even though he is my favourite player of the past few years because of the way he started his career with us, we should be looking at upgrades in all positions when they are identified. Many have come in to replace him and he has somehow risen to the challenge. The reason we may have hit a wall in the last year is the lack of quality replacements to rotate the team and give players who are playing above their natural limit a rest. I would much rather have Bash on the bench to call on if we could get someone in than Jag's or the invisible man like we have now
That’s it if you find a player good enough to push Basham onto the bench then you immediately become better rather than trying to find the perfect player who’s just as good as bash but happy to sit there. It makes sense for some players who are younger to find maybe a veteran player as cover for them but anyone over 30 that should be the approach to how we recruit.

I think the sales of bogle and Lowe have helped ease FFP concerns in the short term as they’re both academy graduates any fee received goes into the books as pure profit.

No, that's sorted. Their situation was completely different; the unclean fraudulently reported when they'd received the income, whereas Derby sold their ground for what some people thought was an inflated fee. However, they'd sought independent valuation, and selling their ground to the owner to create a source of income had in fact been recommended to them as a sensible course of action by the EFL, so a points deduction was never on the cards.

They're not going to go into administration, either. There's a cash-flow problem because the takeover is taking longer than expected, so neither the current nor new owners want to pump the money in to pay the wages until it's sorted.

Finally, I have to declare an interest due to family connections, but I think it would be unfair to penalise teams for FFP breaches since the Covid outbreak (even since before that, if clubs were expecting money to come in during the pandemic). Everyone's finances will be all over the place.

"...Finally, I have to declare an interest due to family connections,..."

Family connections to Derby County?, fair enough, and the Covid situation is a mess, but isn't the issue for Derby and the Pigs that they are still trying to "juggle" the figures for the late accounts, a period that pre-dates Covid? (Edit: in fact Chancer reckons the books are done but they are waiting for someone to actually sign them off)

Also, I seem to recall that some money changed hands with the Derby Ground sale (maybe not the full amount), and none has changed hands since the fake sale of the sty.

On Bash's recent form I agree

Back
Top Bottom