Deep financial trouble ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Like i said, you speak a dialect of idiot as you understand sufficiently to respond you fuckwit.
Come on Andy lad, give it up now. You’ve been made to look a bit of a silly sausage with some of the daft comments you’ve made. Take it on the chin, setup a new user ID pretending to know stuff and see how you get on with that one.

It’s not like Foxy and Linz have jobs to do and kids to look after so they’ll love it if you reinvent yourself and come on here spouting more nonsense.

Come on Andy lad, give it up now. You’ve been made to look a bit of a silly sausage with some of the daft comments you’ve made. Take it on the chin, setup a new user ID pretending to know stuff and see how you get on with that one.

It’s not like Foxy and Linz have jobs to do and kids to look after so they’ll love it if you reinvent yourself and come on here spouting more nonsense.
Is that your contribution, thanks.

Admin covers a multitude of sins. Where are the 4 Directors salaries ? & the £5M to our Chairman Giansiracusa , which Danny Hall spotted in the latest published accounts. Supposedly for advice / consultancy.
That Giransiracusa , he of the bizarre press conference "I know nothing about soccer but I'm Chairman of football club" in city i will never visit"
Just one look is enough ....

You would never believe we are all on the same side. Good job we are not in the trenches some serious friendly fire here. Yes we are all peed off this season but can we all just calm down a bit. Season almost over i can smell it Amalfi Coast in June no weekends dreading going back into work until August and it all begins again. UTB

You really believe that this owner will let the manager spend anything we get back for Archer???
Personally no I don't but rather than "deep financial trouble" the more positive spin could be put on it with offloading the wages. I personally think we will be in for a few seasons of loans and frees/ academy graduates which can work well within the squad. We don't have anywhere near the financial clout to manage in the Premier League long term however if we can keep season ticket retention up although general attendances will be down as we will lose the "Premier League tourists" I think we can try and find our identity again.

You would never believe we are all on the same side. Good job we are not in the trenches some serious friendly fire here. Yes we are all peed off this season but can we all just calm down a bit. Season almost over i can smell it Amalfi Coast in June no weekends dreading going back into work until August and it all begins again. UTB
Think you will find everyone isn't on the same side ,to much pork

Some £s lol - The problem with modern football deals is how they are structured, how the funding is borrowed, the full ins and outs are usually always disclosed but we will get some back to offset something
Where are they disclosed?

You’re as shit with aphorisms as you are with rumours.

The actual saying is “the proof of the pudding is in the eating”. Saying “the proof will be in the pudding” makes no fucking sense.
To be fair, the proof will be in the pudding does make sense and is in regular use in everyday English...

Not the same thing as that would be an actual error in the use of English.
The proof will be in the pudding is in common usage, makes sense and isn't an error.
What proof will be in that pudding? What should I look for? As I gaze at my pudding and wonder whether it will be any good without actually eating it, how will I judge whether it proves to be a good or bad pudding without actually eating it? The proof will be in the pudding is for people who say “can I get”, or “pacificly” when they mean specifically. What proof will be in this pudding? Proof of evidence? Proof of concept? Alcoholic proof?

Talk about casting pearls before swine! Or perhaps that should just be Don’t cast your pearls.

What proof will be in that pudding? What should I look for? As I gaze at my pudding and wonder whether it will be any good without actually eating it, how will I judge whether it proves to be a good or bad pudding without actually eating it? The proof will be in the pudding is for people who say “can I get”, or “pacificly” when they mean specifically. What proof will be in this pudding? Proof of evidence? Proof of concept? Alcoholic proof?

Talk about casting pearls before swine! Or perhaps that should just be Don’t cast your pearls.

It’s not in common usage. It’s a misquote.

To be fair, the proof will be in the pudding does make sense and is in regular use in everyday English...
It doesn’t make the same sense as “the proof of the pudding will be in the eating”.

The mangled quote suggests that there will be a proof in the pudding, like a sixpence in a plum duff. The actual quote suggests that whether the pudding is good or not will be the proof when eating it. It’s a small difference but an important one.

I’m usually descriptivist rather than prescriptivist, but I think that important nuance is lost when misquoting this aphorism.

Back
Top Bottom