Deep financial trouble ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!
That’s just if you don’t finish your main course you don’t get dessert? What am I missing?

People saying ' spitting feathers' to describe anger. Just wrong. That's when you're thirsty.
'Spitting blood' is when you're angry.
Accept it's another example of something being misused to the point where it becomes accepted.
Pah.
“To coin a phrase”. It means to invent a phrase, not to reuse a hackneyed one, and people did use it ironically apparently when they said something trite. However, it now just means to repeat something commonly said, with none of the irony, and it’s fucking stupid as a result.

I had an old boss who said “point in case” instead of “case in point” as well and it used to drive me crackers.

I’ll admit that these are my problems though and I should chill the fuck out.

People saying ' spitting feathers' to describe anger. Just wrong. That's when you're thirsty.
'Spitting blood' is when you're angry.
Accept it's another example of something being misused to the point where it becomes accepted.
Pah.

Drives my Mum mad, that one.

“To coin a phrase”. It means to invent a phrase, not to reuse a hackneyed one, and people did use it ironically apparently when they said something trite. However, it now just means to repeat something commonly said, with none of the irony, and it’s fucking stupid as a result.

I had an old boss who said “point in case” instead of “case in point” as well and it used to drive me crackers.

I’ll admit that these are my problems though and I should chill the fuck out.
Please, do NOT chill the fuck out 🤣 Keep it comin.

Another misquote really. Horses don’t chomp as the bit fits between their teeth.
"to spell it champing at the bit when most people would say chomping at the bit is to slavishly follow outdated dictionary preferences."
Apparently.

Back
Top Bottom