Gone Elsewhere Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Asked to go on loan in January would love to see him back at the Lane

he would fire the team up best keeper in the land unfortunately we can’t afford him

Last edited:

Ain't signing for a Championship club going downhill.

More likely Newcastle will be his destination.

definetly wont be going to a championship club maybe newcastle or west ham

West Ham or Tottenham would be a cracking move for him.

I still think he's the best goalkeeper in England (just), but he made a poor decision to sign that new deal and return to Man Utd when he did. Chelsea were sniffing and that would have been a great move for the lad.

Needs to improve with a ball at his feet to really press on though. Southgate seems to value it and modern football is dictating it as a necessity at the top end.

West Ham or Tottenham would be a cracking move for him.

I still think he's the best goalkeeper in England (just), but he made a poor decision to sign that new deal and return to Man Utd when he did. Chelsea were sniffing and that would have been a great move for the lad.

Needs to improve with a ball at his feet to really press on though. Southgate seems to value it and modern football is dictating it as a necessity at the top end.
of the 3 clubs mentioned i think west ham is his more likely destination their definetly a club on the move wealthy owners and a big fan base

of the 3 clubs mentioned i think west ham is his more likely destination their definetly a club on the move wealthy owners and a big fan base

All 3 would be good moves, I was looking into a Man Utd perspective.

If its going to be an 18 month loan deal then Newcastle are not going to be threat to Man Utd in the next 18 months, Spurs and West Ham are.

All 3 would be good moves, I was looking into a Man Utd perspective.

If its going to be an 18 month loan deal then Newcastle are not going to be threat to Man Utd in the next 18 months, Spurs and West Ham are.
yeah good point swinton hadnt thought about it from that angle so yeah money bags and no threat to the top 10 newcastle would probably be manures choice for him

The Rumour is , He’s off to West Ham

Not a bad move for him, but I worry about how robust West Ham are. Lose Moyes to a bigger club & they could sink again.

It's a shame he missed the boat on the Chelsea move. Maybe Tottenham or Leicester? Not sure how long Lloris or Schemicheal can have left..

Not a bad move for him, but I worry about how robust West Ham are. Lose Moyes to a bigger club & they could sink again.

It's a shame he missed the boat on the Chelsea move. Maybe Tottenham or Leicester? Not sure how long Lloris or Schemicheal can have left..
Lloris and Schmichel are both 35 so realistically have five years left if they stay fit. I reckon if Newcastle start throwing the cash around this January he ends up there.

Man Utd much like they did with Lingard, blocked a move.

I bet he's seething - barring either an injury to or incredible loss of form by de Gea, he'll spend the remainder of the season on the bench. It will impact both his development and chances of being selected for the World Cup.

That said, judging by what Man Utd demanded from Newcastle for loaning them Lingard (100% salary paid, £3.5m loan fee, £14m survival bonus payment) forcing Newcastle to walk away, it's not exactly a surprise they acted as they did.

Who could have possibly foreseen his career rotting away like this...

He’s still young (24!)

I’d say it was worth him trying his best shot to oust de gea. While earning 100k a week plus for a season or so. He’ll never need to work again even if he retired now.

He’s still young in GK terms and im sure he’ll push for a move in the summer.

That said, He has missed his chance to go to the WC and probably been passed by ramsdale in the England set up now I reckon.

They're a strange club Manchester Utd. Seem to make some bizarre decisions in the transfer market.
No wonder they’re in such a mess. They’re a total basket case. They’re going the rest of the season with Fred and McTominay as their first choice central midfielders.

He’s still young (24!)

I’d say it was worth him trying his best shot to oust de gea. While earning 100k a week plus for a season or so. He’ll never need to work again even if he retired now.

He’s still young in GK terms and im sure he’ll push for a move in the summer.

That said, He has missed his chance to go to the WC and probably been passed by ramsdale in the England set up now I reckon.
I don't disagree about his age but no player benefits from sitting on the bench to this extent.

It was fine for a few months when he first went back after our loan, but not now. He came across a bit deluded about his level of ability but it seemed he was given assurances of getting opportunities.

He's pushing for a move now and they're blocking him. It won't be different in the summer unless someone makes a crazy offer, which not many clubs can afford to do. Man United seem more interested in preventing rivals strengthening. Henderson's contract runs to June 2025.

All isn't lost, but this situation was very predictable.

I don't disagree about his age but no player benefits from sitting on the bench to this extent.

It was fine for a few months when he first went back after our loan, but not now. He came across a bit deluded about his level of ability but it seemed he was given assurances of getting opportunities.

He's pushing for a move now and they're blocking him. It won't be different in the summer unless someone makes a crazy offer, which not many clubs can afford to do. Man United seem more interested in preventing rivals strengthening. Henderson's contract runs to June 2025.

I think it's more to do with managing his 'profile' with an eye on value and a future sale, although having a relegation or two on Ramsdales CV didn't do him any harm

Yep…exactly. And I think a lot of us did predict it. The wages he got on his latest contract were ridiculous. He’s just about priced himself out of a move to anyone but the top earning clubs…and they don’t seem to want him. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom