Darren Smith Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darren Smith Out?

• Yes

Votes: 226 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 33.1%

• Total voters
If a podcast is like a radio programme that you can download to your smartphone and listen-to while you are on the bus or driving in your car on your way to work, then on the otherhand, a video on YouTube is more like a documentary film.

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

The scenario of the video is that the interviewer (Blades Ramble) asks a series of questions. The person interviewed (Darren Smith) answers those questions.

If one takes the time to listen too both the questions and answers, one should understand that a work has been made. And this is the crux of the matter: it is only possible to consider this interview as an "account" of events of Sheff Utd over the last few months that include the sagas of Illiman, Berger, Doyle and so forth.

If you take the time to listen carefully, Darren Smith really does say things of interest, if only in terms of this happened, and then this happened, so Sheff U did this, reacted like this and so forth...

Try reading between the lines!

The video I linked too provides a timeline of events. And that is all.

Just to add, this is only the second "Blades Ramble" video I have ever seen. The first was the one after the Prince interview. I do not have a clue who the Ramble guy is, I have only read Darren Smith's X/Twitter timeline through this fora. All I will say is that I think the Ramble guy does a good job!

Why there is this rabid reaction to anything "Darrenish Smithish", I have no idea why other than "it is populist to say so."

So far as I am concerned, Darren Smith seems to be a person who is entirely reasonable and somewhat more informed of events than I am. If he is not reasonable, why on earth are Blades Way interviewing him as well?
Looks like jimmy found his old s2 log in

I'm 30 minutes into this and it is excellent!

It tells you all need to know.

With this and the Bettis interview on the Beeb... I do think we are been told all that can possibly be told us...

Did any of them explain what's happened to the god damn pigeons? 🤷

With this and the Bettis interview on the Beeb... I do think we are been told all that can possibly be told us...

Thanks for flagging this up. Initially, I wasn’t going to listen, because I found Darren Smiths tweets during the transfer window to be annoying and frustrating ( I don’t use Twitter, so only saw what was posted by others on here, which was enough...). However, I gave it a listen, based on your advice, and I actually enjoyed the section in which he gave his account of events the transfer window . Given the time and space to paint the bigger picture, his comments made much more sense than the Twitter snapshots, and gave a good insight into the complexity of what was actually going on, and the inter- relatedness between some of the many moving parts. It covered a lot of the points that were discussed at length on this forum over recent weeks, and gave what I felt was a credible explanation for much of what was going on. Even if you dislike Darren Smith ( and to be honest, I did, before listening to this), it’s worth parking your prejudice for half an hour and having a listen.

his comments [...] gave a good insight into the complexity of what was actually going on, and the inter- relatedness between some of the many moving parts. It covered a lot of the points that were discussed at length on this forum over recent weeks, and gave what I felt was a credible explanation for much of what was going on. Even if you dislike Darren Smith ( and to be honest, I did, before listening to this), it’s worth parking your prejudice for half an hour and having a listen.

That's very well said. Thank you.

If a podcast is like a radio programme that you can download to your smartphone and listen-to while you are on the bus or driving in your car on your way to work, then on the otherhand, a video on YouTube is more like a documentary film.

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

The scenario of the video is that the interviewer (Blades Ramble) asks a series of questions. The person interviewed (Darren Smith) answers those questions.

If one takes the time to listen too both the questions and answers, one should understand that a work has been made. And this is the crux of the matter: it is only possible to consider this interview as an "account" of events of Sheff Utd over the last few months that include the sagas of Illiman, Berger, Doyle and so forth.

If you take the time to listen carefully, Darren Smith really does say things of interest, if only in terms of this happened, and then this happened, so Sheff U did this, reacted like this and so forth...

Just to add, this is only the second "Blades Ramble" video I have ever seen. The first was the one after the Prince interview. I do not have a clue who the Ramble guy is, I have only read Darren Smith's X/Twitter timeline through this fora. All I will say is that I think the Ramble guy does a good job!

Why there is this rabid reaction to anything "Darrenish Smithish", I have no idea why other than "it is populist to say so."

So far as I am concerned, Darren Smith seems to be a person who is entirely reasonable and somewhat more informed of events than I am. If he is not reasonable, why on earth are Blades Way interviewing him as well?
Agree Cuballis some fans just love stirring the shit even when there aint any.
Just ignore them as Darren Smith does ,he sounds a fair. guy and passes on info when he can.
Having an ear to what the prince is thinking is no bad thing,obviously he has to be careful what he divulges reading his texts and watching him on Blades ramble (Ramble is becoming no 1 watch and Jimmy is a good host ) he sounds as i say a fair man.

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

Guess we've established which user is in fact Darren 🤣

Interesting, enjoyable and well worth a listen. Glad to see Jimmy (?) stayed clear of the Staton “why is the club shite” negative vibe picked up from here and got some detail on transfers etc. I do wonder if the RS take caused Bettis to be less forthcoming than DS over player info ( and let’s face it despite then denying it they’ve backed the wrong horse more than once) but, if not, l wonder what our CEO thinks about info being released by someone not a club employee

Only thing l’d query is the bit about Hecky possibly not being aware about what was said on the DS Twitter account. I think Hecky can be a bit spiky at times but l’d expect him to know before just jumping in. No doubt sorted one way or another now inside the club.

Interesting, enjoyable and well worth a listen. Glad to see Jimmy (?) stayed clear of the Staton “why is the club shite” negative vibe picked up from here and got some detail on transfers etc. I do wonder if the RS take caused Bettis to be less forthcoming than DS over player info ( and let’s face it despite then denying it they’ve backed the wrong horse more than once) but, if not, l wonder what our CEO thinks about info being released by someone not a club employee

Only thing l’d query is the bit about Hecky possibly not being aware about what was said on the DS Twitter account. I think Hecky can be a bit spiky at times but l’d expect him to know before just jumping in. No doubt sorted one way or another now inside the club.
Yes, when DS was talking about this there was a strange edit at 4:08 - did they take something out of his reply?

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

Agree it was a good interview and sheds more detail on the clubs transfer strategy and how and why it changed through the window.
Also clarifies other targets we were in for and the talk around how foreign deals can be really complex with multiple parties sharing the players sporting rights was enlightening.

I don’t get the negativity towards him as he obviously has a direct line to the Prince and understands way more than the average fan about how the business of transfers is conducted.

Well done Blades Ramble👍

Agree it was a good interview and sheds more detail on the clubs transfer strategy and how and why it changed through the window.
Also clarifies other targets we were in for and the talk around how foreign deals can be really complex with multiple parties sharing the players sporting rights was enlightening.

I don’t get the negativity towards him as he obviously has a direct line to the Prince and understands way more than the average fan about how the business of transfers is conducted.

Well done Blades Ramble👍
Thanks pal 👍🏻⚔️

I just want to know who to congratulate for the removal of the netting from the BLUT,it looked a bloody eyesore or have they just put it on a boil wash ?

I just want to know who to congratulate for the removal of the netting from the BLUT,it looked a bloody eyesore or have they just put it on a boil wash ?
Yes was an eyesore, we supposedly have a video system which would identify any fan who threw things from the upper tier.
Bout time we used it to ban any fan who did throw things.
We seem to have solved the problem on the kop and previously an area in the south stand.The methods used there weren't great as punishing innocent fans as well as the guilty is not ideal.
With CC TV this surely can be cured and sustained in the upper tier as I stated with the help of CC TV.

Yes was an eyesore, we supposedly have a video system which would identify any fan who threw things from the upper tier.
Bout time we used it to ban any fan who did throw things.
We seem to have solved the problem on the kop and previously an area in the south stand.The methods used there weren't great as punishing innocent fans as well as the guilty is not ideal.
With CC TV this surely can be cured and sustained in the upper tier as I stated with the help of CC TV.
Cheers SYP 😆

Nothing wrong with chucking bottles of piss down at pigs 🐖

It was interesting to hear it being openly acknowledged that DS functions as PA’s means of releasing transfer updates. And Darren referring to Jimmy hearing news on “the same call”, presumably with PA.

So Darren Smith pronounced his name as Ha'y'mer, while Radio Sheffield said they had checked and it was pronounced Ha'r'mer.

I'll stick with Guuuuuuuuuuss.

Back
Top Bottom