Darren Smith Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darren Smith Out?

• Yes

Votes: 226 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 33.1%

• Total voters

This is the part of the season where the fan base should be pulling together and getting behind the team. However the fanbase is more toxic and split than ever before

Very little evidence of that last Saturday v Palace, or the weekend before v Stuttgart. A few voices on here, and some dicks on Twatter, really aren’t representative.

We have a right to be properly hacked off with the way the club has handled the summer. It’s beyond disappointing. And I’d guess the majority of supporters would agree.

But “more toxic and split than ever before”? Sounds like a bit of an overstatement to me.

Very little evidence of that last Saturday v Palace, or the weekend before v Stuttgart. A few voices on here, and some dicks on Twatter, really aren’t representative.

We have a right to be properly hacked off with the way the club has handled the summer. It’s beyond disappointing. And I’d guess the majority of supporters would agree.

But “more toxic and split than ever before”? Sounds like a bit of an overstatement to me.
Fans were brilliant against palace

I skipped to the takeover talk and really very little to add and he's not even up to date with it. Might be a guy outside the game hence the princes comment of it not being a full sale potentially

Have a go at watching it!

EDIT: Darren Smith is an accountant with top relation with Prince Abdullah (the owner of Shef Utd)
I don’t watch YouTube things like this, I like SUW because they put things onto a podcast.

I really doubt Darren can tell me anything groundbreaking though, I’ll give him props for his explanation of the accounts on the SUW pod though, he got a few things confused/wrong but mainly some good distillation of numbers for the lay folk.

I don’t watch YouTube things like this, I like SUW because they put things onto a podcast.

I really doubt Darren can tell me anything groundbreaking though, I’ll give him props for his explanation of the accounts on the SUW pod though, he got a few things confused/wrong but mainly some good distillation of numbers for the lay folk.
And I'm definitely in the lay (and indeed lazy) folk category.

Is this Darren the same Darren who used to post on the old Blades message board from the official website?

If you mean Darren who then also used to post here. No it isn’t.
I think he was a solicitor but thought I might have misremembered and he was an accountant. Sounds like they’re different guys though then?

Seriously though people pretending to not know who it is, at least have a decent punchline to make it into a joke or something.

I think he was a solicitor
That Darren was, used to memorize team listings from the past if we're thinking of the same guy.

I don’t watch YouTube things like this, I like SUW because they put things onto a podcast. I really doubt Darren can tell me anything groundbreaking though,

If a podcast is like a radio programme that you can download to your smartphone and listen-to while you are on the bus or driving in your car on your way to work, then on the otherhand, a video on YouTube is more like a documentary film.

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

The scenario of the video is that the interviewer (Blades Ramble) asks a series of questions. The person interviewed (Darren Smith) answers those questions.

If one takes the time to listen too both the questions and answers, one should understand that a work has been made. And this is the crux of the matter: it is only possible to consider this interview as an "account" of events of Sheff Utd over the last few months that include the sagas of Illiman, Berger, Doyle and so forth.

If you take the time to listen carefully, Darren Smith really does say things of interest, if only in terms of this happened, and then this happened, so Sheff U did this, reacted like this and so forth...

Try reading between the lines!

The video I linked too provides a timeline of events. And that is all.

Just to add, this is only the second "Blades Ramble" video I have ever seen. The first was the one after the Prince interview. I do not have a clue who the Ramble guy is, I have only read Darren Smith's X/Twitter timeline through this fora. All I will say is that I think the Ramble guy does a good job!

Why there is this rabid reaction to anything "Darrenish Smithish", I have no idea why other than "it is populist to say so."

So far as I am concerned, Darren Smith seems to be a person who is entirely reasonable and somewhat more informed of events than I am. If he is not reasonable, why on earth are Blades Way interviewing him as well?

Last edited:
If a podcast is like a radio programme that you can download to your smartphone and listen-to while you are on the bus or driving in your car on your way to work, then on the otherhand, a video on YouTube is more like a documentary film.

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

The scenario of the video is that the interviewer (Blades Ramble) asks a series of questions. The person interviewed (Darren Smith) answers those questions.

If one takes the time to listen too both the questions and answers, one should understand that a work has been made. And this is the crux of the matter: it is only possible to consider this interview as an "account" of events of Sheff Utd over the last few months that include the sagas of Illiman, Berger, Doyle and so forth.

If you take the time to listen carefully, Darren Smith really does say things of interest, if only in terms of this happened, and then this happened, so Sheff U did this, reacted like this and so forth...

Just to add, this is only the second "Blades Ramble" video I have ever seen. The first was the one after the Prince interview. I do not have a clue who the Ramble guy is, I have only read Darren Smith's X/Twitter timeline through this fora. All I will say is that I think the Ramble guy does a good job!

Why there is this rabid reaction to anything "Darrenish Smithish", I have no idea why other than "it is populist to say so."

So far as I am concerned, Darren Smith seems to be a person who is entirely reasonable and somewhat more informed of events than I am. If he is not reasonable, why on earth are Blades Way interviewing him as well?
… are you ok mate?

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

Wat8.jpg

To continue,

FUCKING HELL!!!!

Is it any good then?

What’s it about?

Who plays Darren Smith?

Back
Top Bottom