Darren Smith Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darren Smith Out?

• Yes

Votes: 226 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 33.1%

• Total voters

Even if he saw the poll, like his response to hecky he'd just stick two fingers up at it.

Going back to that Football Heaven interview with Hecky where he talked about not liking targets being leaked, was that aimed at Darren (who surely would have been told to stop) or was it aimed at someone else who's been leaking stuff on twitter and maybe even on here.

Going back to that Football Heaven interview with Hecky where he talked about not liking targets being leaked, was that aimed at Darren (who surely would have been told to stop) or was it aimed at someone else who's been leaking stuff on twitter and maybe even on here.
The caller made direct reference to Darren Smith, Hecky wasn’t specific in his response but was aware that people do leak some info which is frustrating for him. But Hecky also isn’t on social media so I’d assume he was being generic

The caller made direct reference to Darren Smith, Hecky wasn’t specific in his response but was aware that people do leak some info which is frustrating for him. But Hecky also isn’t on social media so I’d assume he was being generic
Fair enough, wasn't sure whether his frustration was directed at Darren or at someone else who was leaking names, or maybe at the fact that names were just being leaked in general by different people such as Darren, Nixon etc

Fair enough, wasn't sure whether his frustration was directed at Darren or at someone else who was leaking names, or maybe at the fact that names were just being leaked in general by different people such as Darren, Nixon etc
Yeah, Sounded like his answer was more generic, but it was a quite direct question.

I barely listen to anybody associated with United quite frankly.

Generally speaking, our fans are among the biggest fuckwits in all of Christendom. Fuckwits with a platform are worse still.
Problem is that the football fans on social media end up being a big representative of the fanbases of the clubs they support just because they're using social media platforms to voice their own opinions about the club.

Not saying this about all of those fans on social media but I wouldn't be surprised if quite a number of them just put negative stuff on social media simply to get some attention off of other people.

Problem is that the football fans on social media end up being a big representative of the fanbases of the clubs they support just because they're using social media platforms to voice their own opinions about the club.

Not saying this about all of those fans on social media but I wouldn't be surprised if quite a number of them just put negative stuff on social media simply to get some attention off of other people.
That certainly seems to be the case with our fans. I’ve come off all but insta as I was sick of seeing people posting stuff as fact

That certainly seems to be the case with our fans. I’ve come off all but insta as I was sick of seeing people posting stuff as fact
Same, I don't have a problem with people having opinions (even negative ones) but I don't like it when I see people try to pass their opinions off as fact when it clearly isn't.

Hecky has a Twitter account and he is already going to sort him out:

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 00.30.16.png

I personally don’t see what the big fuss is to be honest. There has been transfer rumours in the media for as long as I can remember. I don’t see how it’s much different now it’s some bloke on twitter instead of traditional media.

Also, it’s the job of an agent to get his player the best move possible. Surely that involves speaking to numerous clubs to let them know the player is available? They wouldn’t be a very good agent if they kept their player’s desire to move clubs a secret!

I personally don’t see what the big fuss is to be honest. There has been transfer rumours in the media for as long as I can remember. I don’t see how it’s much different now it’s some bloke on twitter instead of traditional media.

Also, it’s the job of an agent to get his player the best move possible. Surely that involves speaking to numerous clubs to let them know the player is available? They wouldn’t be a very good agent if they kept their player’s desire to move clubs a secret!

For me the difference is that journos have their contacts within clubs/agents but we take them with a pinch of salt. It's paper talk for column Inches and clicks.

We know Darren's affiliation with the ownership. It's literally the banner image on his Twitter (sorry...X) profile.

For me the difference is that journos have their contacts within clubs/agents but we take them with a pinch of salt. It's paper talk for column Inches and clicks.

We know Darren's affiliation with the ownership. It's literally the banner image on his Twitter (sorry...X) profile.

But how do we know that all the information given to Darren is true? It wouldn’t surprise me if the Prince uses Darren to spread false information to help the club.

The Prince isn’t as stupid as some of our fans seem to think he is!

What Darren does is give non-specific insight that things are happening and confirms names once they are already in the public domain. I.e. targeting LCB, LWB, CF, DM, AM etc.

Don't have an issue with that. It's relatively efficient.

Don't believe he's ever said "we're after x" and then club has then lost him because of that.

I personally don't see what the problem with El accounto is!, he let everyone Know about all 4 signings up to now and we've still signed all 4, as per what Hecky says / thinks do you honestly believe he hasn't got Darrens number on his phone.

I personally don't see what the problem with El accounto is!, he let everyone Know about all 4 signings up to now and we've still signed all 4, as per what Hecky says / thinks do you honestly believe he hasn't got Darrens number on his phone.
Why would Sheffield United’s first team manage have a random bloke in Spain’s phone number?
Paul Heckingbottom has been on the record as saying it’s not helpful to the Club, yet people want it carrying on because they might get to hear a rumour. Pathetic.

I don't see why fellow blades feel the need to post stuff like this. Darren, the SU way boys or any of the other you tubers do not have any control over the club. They also are very clear that they do not break any of the news they are given before it is general knowledge.

I don't see why fellow blades feel the need to post stuff like this. Darren, the SU way boys or any of the other you tubers do not have any control over the club. They also are very clear that they do not break any of the news they are given before it is general knowledge.

I think it’s because the manager has said, expressly, he should stop doing it.

Whose more important to SUFC’s fortunes? Heckingbottom’s opinion or those who are tweeting?

Why would Sheffield United’s first team manage have a random bloke in Spain’s phone number?
Paul Heckingbottom has been on the record as saying it’s not helpful to the Club, yet people want it carrying on because they might get to hear a rumour. Pathetic.
He'd have his number from his boss, DS is obviously not just some random bloke in Spain is he.

I think it’s because the manager has said, expressly, he should stop doing it.

Whose more important to SUFC’s fortunes? Heckingbottom’s opinion or those who are tweeting?
I fully back Hecky. But he should be voicing those concerns with PA and the board. Its then PA's decision to make the decision whether to continue sharing information or not. If Hecky has asked then PA should respect his opinion.

However, it is NOT those on twitters fault if information continues to be shared, they've done nothing wrong. Some of the abuse they've all received is shameful.

Fundamentally, we are all on this forum to gossip about rumours and love some itk information, so maybe we all need to stop posting too?

Exactly, to think we are going to get a player by keeping quiet about it is a bit niave.

Back
Top Bottom