Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View attachment 174456

Matt did say to me personally he didn't care what people posted he just wanted positive things said and happy photos. 😁

His kids, wife and Sheffield United were his 🌎

A last photo here of one of Matts last appearances at BTDBL with one of his daughters. ❤️❤️
Jeez those poor kids , just terrible news !

RIP Blade !

View attachment 174456

Matt didn't care what people posted he just wanted positive things said and happy photos. 😁

A last photo here of one of Matts last appearances at BTDBL with one of his daughters. ❤️❤️

One friend ill never forget x
As I said earlier I didnt know him personally but I'm almost certain I recognise him. What area of Sheffield was he from?

Such sad sad news.
He was one of the real characters on here.
Never met him but looked forward to reading his posts.
It's strange , someone you 've never met , how their passing can affect you. I'm posting this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.
A wife has lost a husband and his young kids have lost a father. My thoughts are with them all.
The Blades have lost a loyal fan.
RIP Blade. You will be missed. Taken far too soon.

Tomorrow is promised to no one. Live life to the full fellow Blades.

Never got to know the guy personally and it's made me really sad tonight that I never will. His rants about his bucket wielding co-worker had me in stitches and his posts about wednesday were always ones to look forward. I like to think he would have enjoyed the result today.

I stumbled across his posts about his diagnosis a few months back, it really hit me dredged up stuff about own dad's fight. I kept agonising over whether to pm him and always talked myself out of it.

Very sad news.

On the day Wednesday got to the play-off final and we were busy being shit in L1, Matt, myself and Tyler/Bash/Woolford decided to get the fuck out of Sheffield and go on the lash as we were convinced the bastards would do it. We didn't fancy being in the city when it happened.

We hopped on a train to York and supped the day away, shooting the shit, enjoying the sunshine and swerving any boozers showing the football. I checked the score on my phone and saw that Wednesday had conceded that Diame goal.

We ducked into the a nearby bar to stream the last ten minutes of the game on my shitty phone. We let out a massive cheer when full time was blown (much to the displeasure of the clientele of the upmarket gaff we were in) and caught the first train back to Sheffield, delighted that we wouldn't have to endure them lot in the Premier League. He really did hate the bastards.

It's my most cherished memory of Matt, and there are god knows how many others we shared on a matchday. He was a larger than life character who was as opinionated in real life as he was on forums. We often had massively opposing views but were always able to discuss things with manners and civility, and we had a mutual respect because of that.

Me and a few friends were fortunate enough to be able to go round to his house to watch the Man City game in the infamous Corona Club (and what a job he did with it). Of course the result wasn't what we wanted, but when that equaliser went in, everything else melted away. No illness, no sadness, just a bunch of Blades who've spent years at the back of the Kop together celebrating a goal, just as we'd done hundreds of times before. Celebrating with our friend. We all gave him a huge hug as we left, knowing it'd probably be the last time we'd get to do so. It was.

When I got the news this morning, I had a strong urge to write something through the tears. I don't know why. It's a feeling I've not had for a very long time. I wanted to write about his voice which, for anyone who knew him personally or met him, was absolutely unique and unmistakably his. Whether he was on a rant in the boozer or asking whether the Kop bar was open after 30 minutes, you could hear it was Matt from a mile away.

So this is for you Ainsley, imperfect though it may be. It was an honour to call you a friend.

Screenshot_20231111-105428.png

As I said earlier I didnt know him personally but I'm almost certain I recognise him. What area of Sheffield was he from?

Grew up at Burncross. Went to Ecclesfield School. He grew up on the same road that I did although was a few years younger.

Think he subsequently lived at Foxhill and travelled a few times with Maw’s Tours (Pitsmoor and Southey Blades)

his joy at a Wednesday loss
Quite fitting that they capitulated to an 18th placed Millwall today, in his honour.

Now let's do him proud tomorrow.

View attachment 174456

Matt didn't care what people posted he just wanted positive things said and happy photos. 😁

Great to put a face to the username. But seeing him with a young daughter, and so young himself is gut wrenching 💔

i didnt know he was ill, but i thought he was a big part of the forum & will be a big loss, always enjoyed his opinions

So sad to hear.

Like many have said, never met him but he posted daily on here and his regular updates about what he was dealing with, like many, also had me thinking about him during the day sometimes.

I've no idea if she knew about his daily rantings about the kids and the missus but someone should definitely point her and his family in the direction of this place, they'll be forever there to see. They'll certainly give them a laugh that's for sure.

Sounds a lot like he gave it his best shot too RIP buddy.

If there is something being planned to honour him, perhaps at the next home game, I'll be going and would love to pay my respects with fellow Blades.

Also if a gofundme for his young family (or any other such website) is being created please let me know and I'll share it on Sheff United Way.

Of course both of these I recognise should only be with the families blessing.

RIP Matt

19989387_10159081792815338_1258443282399213233_n.jpg

View attachment 174456

Bloody gutting.

Seeing a photo of him makes it a bit real...rather than just a username you interact with.

He always came across as a top bloke on here.

RIP, AH.
Condolences to your family and friends.
Always one to look out for on these forums, where you'll be sadly missed.

Such sad news.

A true legend on this forum as far as I am concerned.

Even though I never met the guy, it's obvious we have lost a top bloke. His posts have made me laugh out loud more times than I care to remember over the years, and his recent posts about his battle with this wicked fucking illness should be an inspiration to us all.

Thoughts are with Ainsley's loved ones and all those who knew him beyond this place.

RIP Blade 🔴⚪🔴

I met Darblade a couple of times years ago. One at a pre-season friendly at Worksop and the other at a pre-season friendly at Notts County. He came across as a good laugh and he was a great contributor on Blades Mad. My condolences to those who knew him well.

Back
Top Bottom