Daniel Lafferty appreciation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slag a player ? Where u erd dis pal ?

My comment was "he will struggle next term". Do you consider that to be "slagging" ?

He has been displaced. I'll give myself a tick for calling another one correctly ;)

Ready for another one ?

When / if Baldock gets fit, Freeman is toast.

U erd it ere first. Pal !

UTB

I'll give myself a tick for calling another one correctly

Tick away sunshine, tick away.

Ready for another one ?

When / if Baldock gets fit, Freeman is toast

It's not our disagreeing about player's qualities that gets me, it's your seeming slavering anticipation to see our players fail. Still, well worth it for another 'tick', eh?

Tick away sunshine, tick away.

It's not our disagreeing about player's qualities that gets me, it's your seeming slavering anticipation to see our players fail. Still, well worth it for another 'tick', eh?
I take it the custard pie jibe met with your approval then ?

All Blades. But like in life, some folks just fly that bit higher than others !

Can't all be brain surgeons ;)

UTB

PS which players might that be. Could it be the poor ones ?

Have you missed my slavering appreciation of Coutts ? Of Fleck ? Of JOC ? Of Bash ? Of Sharp ? Of Duffy ? Shall I go on ?

I take it the custard pie jibe met with your approval then ?

Whoooosh....

Have you missed my slavering appreciation of Coutts ? Of Fleck ? Of JOC ? Of Bash ? Of Sharp ? Of Duffy ? Shall I go on ?

I must have missed them.

Sadly they seemed to be overwhelmed by your anti-Hanson rants, that seem endemic on these boards.

Whoooosh....

I must have missed them.

Sadly they seemed to be overwhelmed by your anti-Hanson rants, that seem endemic on these boards.
Yep. You must have.

I'll add Evans, Baldock, Enda, Brooks and a few others in to the mix as well.

Cup half full ?????

UTB

On Hanson. Mansfield have come in for him. L2 Mansfield. Let's see what other calibre of clubs come knocking shall we.

I think the first few words covered that nicely.

Ok, again he was unconvincing last night (take no pleasure from it, always wanted to be proved wrong) how many games should he get do we think?

What's Lafferty done wrong to be dropped by an incoming league 2 player?

We will have a better chance if he starts on Saturday with Brooks Brayford Duffy and Evans IMO

As others have said, what did Lafferty do wrong to be dropped for a guy from the 4th division?
Stevens might turn out to be a useful addition but it's difficult to see why he walked straight into the team when Lafferty is someone who has played at a higher level and contributed a lot last season.

Lafferty is the better choice at the moment. Not sure what Stevens has done to get ahead of him.

Also Lafferty can score a goal every now and then.

As others have said, what did Lafferty do wrong to be dropped for a guy from the 4th division?
Stevens might turn out to be a useful addition but it's difficult to see why he walked straight into the team when Lafferty is someone who has played at a higher level and contributed a lot last season.

Wilder commented on this. Based on what he sees daily. Two away defeats against rated sides and his judgement is being questioned already. Like this time last season

I thought Stevens looked good against Brentford, especially first half. Initially I think he's stronger and more comfortable on the ball than Lafferty. However I thought Lafferty was one of our better players v Walsall (though admittedly L1 opposition) and I don't think we should write him off just yet. I do agree that Freeman has had a very poor start to this season. I watched him v Brentford and it was like he couldn't wait to get rid of the ball for fear of making a mistake.

I'm of the opinion that the biggest challenge Wilder has with the current squad is installing that belief again. I don't think our players are that technically inferior to other standard championship players, but they must believe they are as good as them or better to succeed.

Stevens played well in pre-season apparently and there were plenty of people that watched the games who said he should start over Lafferty. Assuming they're not all idiots then it's reasonable to assume CW thought the same.

Maybe so but the shirt goes back to Lafferty for the Barnsley match.

Wilder commented on this. Based on what he sees daily. Two away defeats against rated sides and his judgement is being questioned already. Like this time last season

Not sure that Cardiff can be classed as 'rated' and Wilder was/is capable of remembering what he actually saw on the pitch last season, along with considering whether someone who has played at a higher level is a better initial bet - rather than the other way round.
Maybe Stevens will turn out to be our best left-sided player but so far it's entirely reasonable to question why Lafferty wasn't first choice with the option of trying Stevens if necessary.

I think the Stevens/Lafferty debate is a sideshow tbh. It's the least of our worries. The bigger issue is who should start up front? Is it now time for Evans to grab a shirt from the start? And what about Brooks? He's got something nobody else seems to have got...pace!

Not sure that Cardiff can be classed as 'rated' and Wilder was/is capable of remembering what he actually saw on the pitch last season, along with considering whether someone who has played at a higher level is a better initial bet - rather than the other way round.
Maybe Stevens will turn out to be our best left-sided player but so far it's entirely reasonable to question why Lafferty wasn't first choice with the option of trying Stevens if necessary.

Well most betting sites have them in the top five or six odds wise. There must be a reason for that rather than suggesting they aren't necessarily that good because we lost to them away from home.

Not sure what you mean about Wilder and remembering things. He said himself the decision was made on what he'd seen preseason. Seeing he's a professional coach I'd guess he's more in touch than you or I regarding his players and makes his decisions accordingly. Or maybe his attention span is short as you seem to say.

Dean Hammond had played at a higher level btw.

Your few posts on here don't portray you as a ray of sunshine and virtually every one criticises some aspect of the club, be it Evans, finances or players. It's almost like Lenners has come back to haunt us.

I think the Stevens/Lafferty debate is a sideshow tbh. It's the least of our worries. The bigger issue is who should start up front? Is it now time for Evans to grab a shirt from the start? And what about Brooks? He's got something nobody else seems to have got...pace!

Nah. Let's work our way through the side pointing out Wilders player blindness. Much more fun. The strikers and Ched in particular can be the finale.

Maybe so but the shirt goes back to Lafferty for the Barnsley match.
I wouldn't disagree with that although I didn't see last night. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Lafferty started.

Well most betting sites have them in the top five or six odds wise. There must be a reason for that rather than suggesting they aren't necessarily that good because we lost to them away from home.

Not sure what you mean about Wilder and remembering things. He said himself the decision was made on what he'd seen preseason. Seeing he's a professional coach I'd guess he's more in touch than you or I regarding his players and makes his decisions accordingly. Or maybe his attention span is short as you seem to say.

Dean Hammond had played at a higher level btw.

Your few posts on here don't portray you as a ray of sunshine and virtually every one criticises some aspect of the club, be it Evans, finances or players. It's almost like Lenners has come back to haunt us.

They've won the first three games but it would be a surprise if Cardiff were near the top come the end of the season - the bookies didn't have them down as among the favourites pre-season.
I'm not doubting what Wilder said about why he'd picked Stevens, simply questioning whether he was right. Nigel Adkins is a professional coach but most of us could work out when he was making wrong decisions without doing our badges.
United were reborn last season as a club and can't see any problem with questioning whether the right decisions were or are being made to make sure we don't chuck away all that momentum.
Having experienced six years of that league, we definitely don't want to go back there any time soon.

Ive always been an admirer of Lafferty ,I actually rate him slightly better than Stevens ,who I do like ,but OConnell always looks a lot more comfortable when Lafferty plays ,he make mistakes but gives us great balance.

Ive always been an admirer of Lafferty ,I actually rate him slightly better than Stevens ,who I do like ,but OConnell always looks a lot more comfortable when Lafferty plays ,he make mistakes but gives us great balance.
We are weak on the left wing back position Lafferty and Stevens aren’t up to it.

Lafferty is steady but Stevens is a better player. He is a better athlete and can move up and down the flank quicker. I recall Mendez Laing tearing Laffery to pieces last eason. I think Wilder knows if he played against some of the quick widemen at this level he would struggle. He lacks the pace/strength for a defender at this level. He is a great fill un though to cover a few positions.

Lafferty is steady but Stevens is a better player. He is a better athlete and can move up and down the flank quicker. I recall Mendez Laing tearing Laffery to pieces last eason. I think Wilder knows if he played against some of the quick widemen at this level he would struggle. He lacks the pace/strength for a defender at this level. He is a great fill un though to cover a few positions.
Both will do for now but its an area we need to improve on during the summer
Look at the other flank where Boldock does serious damage

Back
Top Bottom