Daniel Ballard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The season is fast approaching and we've signed nobody. You know we'll leave it last minute with the usual issues around agents or players undecided, so when we do drag in the rest of what's left, they won't have time to gel etc. Slow start again. Missed points from the slow start bites us on the arse and we miss out on autos or play-offs.

Same Owd.
You think I don't agree..... that wasn't what I was getting at was it? No point venting your frustrations at somebody who holds the same thoughts, passion and frustrations as you is there.

Our transfer windows are like a trip to Aldi aren't they?.... You go with hopes of picking up McCoys, Stella Artois and Penguin biscuits.... but end up with thick ridge, st etienne and seal bars.... They are cheap alternatives and they are never as good.

I don't understand the late buying, never have and never will. The whole concept of pre-season friendlies is to bring trialists in and to get fresh blood into the fold..... us on the other hand, we scrape the barrel in the 11th hour. We then have them sat in the stand for the first month with the explanation that they need to get up to speed.......

I get that the market these days is a nightmare of tricky agents and bloated egos and fees..... but somehow other teams seen to overcome this and seal the advantage.

I just wish this hierarchy was a little bit more transparent. We hear nothing from them through the window..... instead, every manager under their reigns has publicly expressed desire... only to have to wind it back and make excuses in the boards behalf....

Our fans know our limitations. ..honestly would go a long way.... as opposed to saying the right things to sell season tickets.

We've even managed to fuck up bringing our own player back (Coubillay) if you believe what's been mentioned in the press so what hope have we of getting others through the door.

They better get a move on or things will start to turn nasty if we don't start the season well.

You think I don't agree..... that wasn't what I was getting at was it? No point venting your frustrations at somebody who holds the same thoughts, passion and frustrations as you is there.

Our transfer windows are like a trip to Aldi aren't they?.... You go with hopes of picking up McCoys, Stella Artois and Penguin biscuits.... but end up with thick ridge, st etienne and seal bars.... They are cheap alternatives and they are never as good.

I don't understand the late buying, never have and never will. The whole concept of pre-season friendlies is to bring trialists in and to get fresh blood into the fold..... us on the other hand, we scrape the barrel in the 11th hour. We then have them sat in the stand for the first month with the explanation that they need to get up to speed.......

I get that the market these days is a nightmare of tricky agents and bloated egos and fees..... but somehow other teams seen to overcome this and seal the advantage.

I just wish this hierarchy was a little bit more transparent. We hear nothing from them through the window..... instead, every manager under their reigns has publicly expressed desire... only to have to wind it back and make excuses in the boards behalf....

Our fans know our limitations. ..honestly would go a long way.... as opposed to saying the right things to sell season tickets.
I wasn't in any way shape or form disagreeing with you at all.

😂😂😂 it’s making me fucking piss myself this

Every time we ‘miss out’ on a player there’s at least one poster saying ‘were we actually in for him though?’ ‘Yeah but how do we know?’ ‘You don’t know that’

Fucking reyt funny hahahaah. What do they expect?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone ITK on Shoutbox says :
"Blades not interested in Daniel Ballard, we don't like the deal, no surprise the Burnley deal fell through".

The bedwetters have jumped all over this nontheless. What are their views on the deal?

"Blades not interested in Daniel Ballard, we don't like the deal, no surprise the Burnley deal fell through".

The bedwetters have jumped all over this nontheless. What are their views on the deal?

They haven't got one Eddie as it's not their money so just expect the club to sign anyone they suggest.

If both us and Bunley pulled out as the deal was just a bit shit then that tells me everything I need to know.

Sounds like Arsenal were trying to set up a "heads I win, tails you lose" deal similar to Rhian Brewster and Liverpool with us. I am sure we have learned our lesson on that and hopefully told them where to shove it.

Buy him for £2m, option to buy back for £5m within three years and 20% of any profit if they don’t?

well would you?

Buy him for £2m, option to buy back for £5m within three years and 20% of any profit if they don’t?

well would you?
I'm not sure why these kind of deals don't trigger the rules around third party ownership. Substantively Arsenal would retain a significant interest in him whereby they control his future, and make the majority of the profit under some reasonably likely scenarios. The FA needs to stop deals like this from happening.

I'm not sure why these kind of deals don't trigger the rules around third party ownership. Substantively Arsenal would retain a significant interest in him whereby they control his future, and make the majority of the profit under some reasonably likely scenarios. The FA needs to stop deals like this from happening.

Don’t see what’s wrong with them they make an expensive less attainable player cheaper and easier to acquire and in reality those clauses are very rarely activated.

I don't know if things have changed under the new regime but Burnley over the previous few seasons have certainly not been stingy with salaries (but haven't spent much on fees!). If they've walked away from the deal, it must be particularly unattractive. Sunderland (like other North East clubs) have to generally pay a premium to entice players - in this case it appears they've just rolled-over and accepted Arsenal's terms however unattractive they are.

Nevermind eh, at least we’re ‘trying’

well would you?
If I feel this lad could help us in a promotion race then yes I probably would. Its dog shit as a deal, but what's the alternative? Sign your 4th/5th/6th choice?

All well and good saying the deal isn't structured how we'd prefer, but all it could ultimately do is hamstring us.

Don’t see what’s wrong with them they make an expensive less attainable player cheaper and easier to acquire and in reality those clauses are very rarely activated.
To a certain extent I agree - why not open the doors to all third party ownership? Why attempt to regulate at all deals between willing commercial entities?

But its also important to understand the transfer fee itself is a product of regulation (player registration) rather than a purely commercial transaction. I think the reason in this situation is as a counterbalance to the power of the large clubs, who otherwise benefit themselves from FA youth development regulations.

The FA has promoted the hoovering up of all regional talent to the biggest clubs with its elite performance plan in service of the national team. There are only so many opportunities at the best clubs, so lower division clubs still have an opportunity to benefit from the improved development under the EPP when these players leave to find playing time and establish a career elsewhere. If the top clubs are going to start capping the upside on these signings through this kind of deal, and that becomes a standard, then it again serves to further concentrate power and resources in the top clubs. I don't think its in the interest of the players themselves who are attempting to forge a career outside of their development club - this kind of clause may become a barrier to their next move up the playing ladder as they improve.

Interesting. Reputable journalists report we're in for a player and it's not considered evidence, but a "ITKer" on the shoutbox says the opposite and it's gospel.

Roger👍

It begs the question - what are we paying the likes of McBurnie, Egan, Stevens, Fleck, Berge, Norwood and Brewster, that determines PH only has loose change to play with?

I know this isn't Football Manager - but you do get the feeling we are always the exception to the rule when it comes to how we conduct our transfer business, compared to our promotion rivals.

It’s not necessarily missing out on this one player for me Eddie but it’s gradually seeing some very good options at a position of need come off the table that’s causing me some concern.

We’ve been linked to a handful of players who are a good age with good pedigree and a decent amount of experience this summer. Now I accept not all those links will have been correct but they won’t all have been wrong. Out of those links Darling, Clarke-Salter, Ballard are off the table with Cresswell looking likely to follow. By my reckoning that leaves Humphreys, Anel, Sanderson, Branthwaite on the table. Now there’s still plenty to go at there and it’s not panic stations yet but it is concerning.

It seems Anel is our number one target at CB but it’s a complicated deal with lots of moving parts and three clubs involved that coupled with us reportedly offering below the 3 million asking price means it’s a deal that’s likely to run and run. My concern is if we’re too stubborn in pursuing our 1st choice to the bitter end and it doesn’t come off then by that time we may also have missed out on our 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice. Like I said plenty of players still to go at but also there’s increasingly reasonable cause for concern as well as things drag on.

Interesting. Reputable journalists report we're in for a player and it's not considered evidence, but a "ITKer" on the shoutbox says the opposite and it's gospel.

Roger👍
Nobody said it's gospel, but he's a very well respected poster with obvious links to people at the club.

"Heckingbottom had hoped to unveil at least one new arrival before United travel to Portugal for warm weather training and a friendly against Casa Pia next week. But with that now appearing increasingly unlikely - although not impossible - the former Barnsley, Leeds and Hibernian chief is poised to invite several members of United’s under-23’s programme to attend the camp."

Only the Star, but doesn't look very encouraging does it?

MGW, Goode and Uremovic were barely mentioned on here before signing.
True I’m not ruling out an out of the blue signing but neither can I bank on it I can only go with the information available to me.

"Heckingbottom had hoped to unveil at least one new arrival before United travel to Portugal for warm weather training and a friendly against Casa Pia next week. But with that now appearing increasingly unlikely - although not impossible - the former Barnsley, Leeds and Hibernian chief is poised to invite several members of United’s under-23’s programme to attend the camp."

Same owd

They’re reyt good apparently, EddieColquhoun says

Laughable deja vu

Club is going nowhere fast

Kevin Blackwells red n white army!

Back
Top Bottom