Daniel Ballard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think he might be our first signing - realistically.

you'd think QPR might have the advantage of geography here, especially with him going to Millwall last season.

My neighbour is a Blackpool fan and he said was was quality for them. He's an old fashioned centre back by all accounts, kicks it, heads it etc, but I presume since he's come through at Arsenal that he can play a bit! Played RCB for Millwall as part of a 5, and has played in a 4 for Northern Ireland, again on the right. Read somewhere that he can play anywhere across the back though, so maybe he can play LCB but would imagine he'll be coming in to compete with Bash and Egan and provide quality cover as opposed to requiring loans and presumably he'll offer some real strong competition for those places. If we sign him I'll be impressed that we're signing a young player who's excelled recently on loan at this level.

Have a feeling in me watter that we might get him, he seems about right

Oh well, that's probably not likely then. Ultimately if he arrived he be competing with Bash and/or Egan and I can't see either of those two not being first team players given their experience and wages; it would seem sensible to not spend a lot of money on areas we're strong in but rather on areas we're less strong, such as midfield and attack. LCB is the exception defensively as JLT is someone we can find equal or superior quality in my view but at the same time he's still a decent player at this level and had a strong season last time out.

I haven't seen that much of Ballard but was impressive by the bits I have seen and he is highly rated. A shame he chose Burnley but I can understand why given the departures of Mee and Tarkowski. Burnley are also decent payers so I wouldn't be surprised he they offered him a fair bit more.

TBH while cover / competition for CB and RCB is needed, I think a new LCB is even more important

Deal collapsed as terms with player couldn't be agreed. Can't imagine Burnley being tight on wages.

Non starter for us I would have thought if Burnley can’t agree wages.

Possibly the rumoured PL interest has increased his asking price on wages

Seems to me he is running out of takers.

Burnley have now signed someone from Oxford, McNally.

Millwall now heavily linked with Cresswell.

I suppose my question would be - given a free run, which would be the better signing? Ballard or Anel? The latter would probably cost more given Bordeaux had a buy clause of €4m.

Seems to me he is running out of takers.

Burnley have now signed someone from Oxford, McNally.

Millwall now heavily linked with Cresswell.

I suppose my question would be - given a free run, which would be the better signing? Ballard or Anel? The latter would probably cost more given Bordeaux had a buy clause of €4m.
Buy both, did I read Anel can play CDM position ? I think we can all agree that playing 3-4-3 we are in need of someone just to sit and break up play
Especially away from home
Both young players and with good re-sale value if they do well for us

I think we definitely need x2 CB's this window. Nobody is certain that JOC will play again, and we need cover/ competition for Bash. Both Ballard & Anel would strengthen us massively IMO.

I think we definitely need x2 CB's this window. Nobody is certain that JOC will play again, and we need cover/ competition for Bash. Both Ballard & Anel would strengthen us massively IMO.
Very true. Robinson did well of late. It could be a Lundstram purple patch and we'll all be regretting that complacency of so. We also no he's capable of some real shitshows even though he was excellent of late.

I’d be over the moon with both but don’t think we’ve got the cash to do it. More likely to be one or the other and maybe someone like the lad from Everton on loan.

Back
Top Bottom