Daniel Ballard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was it confirmed we were in for him is the question. Good business for them.
We were obviously interested in him. I don't know why a section of our fan base expect the official club website to announce the interest of every player we're in for. We've obviously missed what would've been another sensible target.
Have we got other irons in the fire? I hope so, but we've seen it all before when we don't get our first, second, third choice signings we end up with Burke's and Lowe's

He is quite a reliable journalist and subsequently believe this to be the case and if so we must be confident of securing Anel, Cresswell or have no money to buy anyone.

He is quite a reliable journalist and subsequently believe this to be the case and if so we must be confident of securing AMel, Cresswell or have no money to buy anyone.

Agreed - one I usually trust not to thrown nonsense and see what sticks. Has some proper info.

I suspect it’s more Sunderland throwing the cash around, he already turned Burnley down by all accounts… and they should be up there challenging as an ex Long term PL side

We were obviously interested in him. I don't know why a section of our fan base expect the official club website to announce the interest of every player we're in for. We've obviously missed what would've been another sensible target.
Have we got other irons in the fire? I hope so, but we've seen it all before when we don't get our first, second, third choice signings we end up with Burke's and Lowe's
😂😂😂 it’s making me fucking piss myself this

Every time we ‘miss out’ on a player there’s at least one poster saying ‘were we actually in for him though?’ ‘Yeah but how do we know?’ ‘You don’t know that’

Fucking reyt funny hahahaah. What do they expect?

That will be another one off the table then and Cresswell looking likely to be heading to Millwall. One we have been consistently linked to last year and this is Sanderson but that one has gone quiet hopefully that’s a good sign.

Don’t know how many of these rumours had something in them as far as we are concerned and how many are just bollox, but starting to get a bit tedious

Come on Blades dig deep

Just because we were linked in the media... It means nothing.

Since when is everything in the football gossip columns true?!

Nathan H may get some good info from the club, but equally they're more likely to give him false transfer targets than real ones.

He's definitely not worth millions. Bigger chance he'll fail or be average, than he'll be brilliant. Arsenal wouldn't be selling to the Championship if he was that good.

Just because we were linked in the media... It means nothing.

Since when is everything in the football gossip columns true?!

Nathan H may get some good info from the club, but equally they're more likely to give him false transfer targets than real ones.

He's definitely not worth millions. Bigger chance he'll fail or be average, than he'll be brilliant. Arsenal wouldn't be selling to the Championship if he was that good.
How do we know we’re ever in for a player?

And the last line is a complete load of codswallop. Loads of players get let go down to the level below who’ve gone on to become extremely good players.

Gone Elswhere .... Standard end to player interest ... Are We Still A Big Club?! Really not looking like it. Pathetic Utd must do better tik to.

How do we know we’re ever in for a player?

And the last line is a complete load of codswallop. Loads of players get let go down to the level below who’ve gone on to become extremely good players.
It's possible. I didn't say it never happens. I'm talking about Ballard specifically.

We know if we're interested if we actually sign them, or the manager/owner rants about them if they sign elsewhere. That's about the only time we can be almost certain "we were interested".

Sometimes I do believe what I read. But transfer windows are notoriously inaccurate places.

Players aren't going to sign for us if they're going to be back up if there are other Championship clubs willing to give them similar money and a starting role.

Simple as.

We’re not going to offer them enough money to take the chance they can force a starting role and we’re no favourites to go up.

It's puzzling surely we are seen as promotion contenders. I can't see what what's on offer elsewhere bar wages
Some might suggest first team football is on offer for him. Modern day footballer playing for the love of the game....? Rare as hens teeth.

Maybe we were never in for this kid. But if we were and we've lost out to a club that has been in the third tier for 6 years whereas we've just dropped out of the PL and made the play offs then we're either properly broke or have shit salesmen flogging the club to players.

😂😂😂 it’s making me fucking piss myself this

Every time we ‘miss out’ on a player there’s at least one poster saying ‘were we actually in for him though?’ ‘Yeah but how do we know?’ ‘You don’t know that’

Fucking reyt funny hahahaah. What do they expect?

Just refers to Hecky's interview the other day though doesn't it. He said the majority of the names rumoured, he knows nowt about and there's nowt in it..... i don't have him down as a buffer with his cards close to his chest. I reckon he is being perfectly honest....

He said that there might be something in a couple of names didn't he.....

So again..... were we ever in for this lad?

Just refers to Hecky's interview the other day though doesn't it. He said the majority of the names rumoured, he knows nowt about and there's nowt in it..... i don't have him down as a buffer with his cards close to his chest. I reckon he is being perfectly honest....

He said that there might be something in a couple of names didn't he.....

So again..... were we ever in for this lad?
The season is fast approaching and we've signed nobody. You know we'll leave it last minute with the usual issues around agents or players undecided, so when we do drag in the rest of what's left, they won't have time to gel etc. Slow start again. Missed points from the slow start bites us on the arse and we miss out on autos or play-offs.

Same Owd.

We did not expect anything else did we.

The season is fast approaching and we've signed nobody. You know we'll leave it last minute with the usual issues around agents or players undecided, so when we do drag in the rest of what's left, they won't have time to gel etc. Slow start again. Missed points from the slow start bites us on the arse and we miss out on autos or play-offs.

Same Owd.

Feels like every window we watch on as other clubs get deals done whilst we’re supposed to accept the ‘difficulties of the market’ narrative.

Same Owd.
Agree mate we are making a habit of it now . Feel sorry for the manager after him saying he wanted early signings some weeks ago . Another thing that he said was he hoped he would be consulted regarding any signings which I found unbelievable as if to say he might not be consulted.

Feels like every window we watch on as other clubs get deals done whilst we’re supposed to accept the ‘difficulties of the market’ narrative.
Some accept it mate but more and more are beginning to see through it with every day that passes.

The agent stuff riles me as well. Every player has an agent and every transfer involves paying that agent. No amount of whining will change that. The agent doesn't give a fuck, he'll find his client another club. If we aren't going to accept the agents role in the game (and trust me, I cannot stand them myself) then we may as well Jack it in.

Back
Top Bottom