Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 2nd January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CRY
CRY
CRY

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609325633820.png v. 1609325641621.png
EPL Week 17 - Saturday 2nd January 2021 - Selhurst Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/crystal-palace-vs-sheffield-united.525/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 10.56.28.png

You can't seriously have watched that first half if that's your assessment of Norwood's performance. I'm not even saying he was good, I'm just saying he was better than every other passive bag of wank.
No he wasnt. He made one or two decent passes but as a midfielder thats his job. His tackling is non existent and he offered nothing. McGoldrick was easily better than him in the first half...the half arsed challenge on eze for their goal by norwood was a disgrace for a pro foorballer.

No, we spent the prize money, which was disposable. You would spend much more on wages over 3/4/5 years.
But it think that is part of the issue, instead of building for the prem, we’ve done nothing but recruit champ quality so wilder can not moan about being so poor when he hasnt recruited quality. We could have spent far less in fees and more in wages or free agents to build a prem squad.

Norwood wants it then either gives it away or passes to a CB and expects them to provide creativity. He's piss poor.
He is piss poor. My point was that at least he’s making an effort. Some others have made fewer mistakes than Norwood but that because they’re hiding.

In 1990, we got out of a mess because we had players like Vinnie Jones, Bob Booker etc who, whilst limited in ability, never hid from the game. That’s not the case here - we have too many who aren’t interested.

Imagine Norwoods pinged balls out wide landing on Zaha or eze's feet... Instead they go to Bogle or Osborne and end up back with our goal keeper two passes later
They must be instructed to do that though that's what's so baffling

I was never this ashamed of a side, even in League 1. Wilder is fast going into deficit

Zaha could have been off there. Bogle shows his league inexperience by not rolling on the floor screaming in pain.

But it think that is part of the issue, instead of building for the prem, we’ve done nothing but recruit champ quality so wilder can not moan about being so poor when he hasnt recruited quality. We could have spent far less in fees and more in wages or free agents to build a prem squad.
Of course, you're right. But we can't afford it. It was a risk the owners didn't/don't want to take, hence the loans this window.

I'm watching this thinking why oh why did Wilder give Fleck and Norwood new contracts. We will go down with 2 players who are past it on contracts we cant get out of...same as he did with Leon Clarke

Jesus christ we get into an attacking position then ampadont passes it all the way back

What Ampadu has just done then is what the Brighton player didn’t, went in for the ball. Yellow card.

two times then we have been too honest, Bogle goes down red card. Ampadu acts like the Brighton player red card.

Always been a firm fan of Wilder (like we all have). However, this second half display is even worse than the first half. It is truly shocking. Apathetic, clueless, toothless and, let’s face it, absolutely fkin useless. At what point does an elite manager earn his money? It doesn’t like as though it was during the last few days or at half time against Palace today. We saw some poor performances from the Blades over the last few years but they would always come roaring out in the second half. I am losing faith in Chris and he’s turned from a square jawed firebrand into a slack jawed embarrassment. Please, someone let this all be over....

Zaha does that against an Arsenal player for example and he'd be off and they'd still be on the floor now

We recruited with the expectation of returning to the Championship. But we didn’t. Now we are unfortunately paying for it and couldn’t build on our first season.

Back
Top Bottom