Crowds allowed into grounds in October..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can’t go to the games, I’d sooner next season be a fallow year like they do at Glastonbury from time to time. Although this is probably the best time in the clubs recent history. I’m really finding it quite difficult to get excited about next season without fans in the ground.

The fact that games are behind closed doors and not being broadcast on TV is a national scandal. The government should step in and pass a law that as long as covid restrictions are in place then all games should be legally available either on line or on TV in some form Even if it’s pay per view.
Who’s paying SKY and BT the damages after you’ve just devalued their product? I reckon they’d only want a couple of billion.

Who’s paying SKY and BT the damages after you’ve just devalued their product?

Sky and BT and Amazon could broadcast the games they aren’t normally showing live on box office and charge for it. They would make quite a bit out of it. I’d pay to watch United at home on TV if we are banned from going.

Sky and BT and Amazon could broadcast the games they aren’t normally showing live on box office and charge for it. They would make quite a bit out of it. I’d pay to watch United at home on TV if we are banned from going.
But they’ve already paid top dollar when they were competing with each other and offered the crazy amounts. You’re now wanting to rip up that deal and negotiate a new one, in a couple of weeks.
Sky might not be happy with BT and Amazon getting more games as they paid a premium to keep their number of games significantly lower
You're talking about multi-billion dollar contracts and your handing out rights outside of that deal to show pretty much every match live. It’s an entirely different proposition and one that also changes the way live football will be funded and viewed significantly.
Maybe people will just have to listen to it on the radio or find alternate methods and that’s before we get into why we don’t have live Saturday matches at 3 on TV.

If we can’t go to the games, I’d sooner next season be a fallow year like they do at Glastonbury from time to time. Although this is probably the best time in the clubs recent history. I’m really finding it quite difficult to get excited about next season without fans in the ground.

Cool do you happen to have a couple of billion to refund TV deals? Oh and still have the cash to pay the wages and bills?!

Cool do you happen to have a couple of billion to refund TV deals? Oh and still have the cash to pay the wages and bills?!
[/QUOTE
I’m surprised you’ve not come back at me with costings? I was merely trying to encapsulate my mood for the coming season. I wasn’t looking to submit proposals.

I’m taking my stats from the world statistics web site because now the figures are close to nil....the media have chosen to stop reporting daily deaths.
In the last few days the daily numbers are 11, 3, 5, 3, 12 and 16.....so current rate is less than 10 deaths per day (less than 1 in 6,000,000 death risk).
The weekend death rate is 1 in 20,000,000, more chance of winning the jackpot on the national lottery (that’s a 1 in 14 million chance).

And thats the figures with an easing of the lock down. Pubs and restaurants don’t need masks, my local Tesco don‘t require masks.

I think we're talking about different things here. As mentioned, I was talking about the infection mortality rate, which is still thought to be slightly less than 0.9%. You're talking about the daily risk of dying from Covid-19, which is not the overall risk of dying from Covid-19.

Also it’s now been admitted that the initially reported figures were massaged/ fiddled to make them higher than they were.

No it hasn't.

For example if someone was instantly killed in a car accident and they happened to have covid...they were included in the covid death figures.
We are now reporting deaths the same as Scotland...which explains why they’ve had many days with ZERO deaths.

That's how mortality rates are always reported. It's definitely true that it will mostly likely overstate the mortality, but that's not the same as saying that they were "massaged" or "fiddled". In epidemiology, whichever way you do these things, it is never quite accurate. They could have done it a different way and underestimated the 'true' figures (whatever that means). That would almost certainly have been much more dangerous.

If you take as fact that 1 in 150 covid cases will die.....the fact that hardly anyone is in hospital and hardly anyone is dying
must mean that its relatively rare to find anyone with covid in England. However returning PL footballers have already tested positive and you hear cases of local lock downs because most people in certain factory have it. How come there’s no increase in hospitalisations or deaths in Leicester, Oldham or Blackburn.

Quite simply, there aren't that many cases at the moment. Most likely, because we're being reasonably sensible and keeping the R0 down.

Overall, there have been somewhere between 40,000 (if you take the very narrow definition of 'Covid-related') and 65,000 (if you look at all excess deaths since March) deaths due to Covid-19 in the UK. Using the 1 in 150 figure, that would imply something like 6 million to 9.75 million cases in the UK. If what you're saying is correct, then there must have been a lot more cases. In which case, we probably now have herd immunity. Great!

The initial mantra was “protect the NHS” but if there’s no strain on the NHS then why we can’t we return to normal quicker but monitor the situation at each stage.

Because it's very delicate. If it gets out of quick (which it did in February/March, very quickly), it's very hard to reverse it.

There are simple equations of logic that I’m sure you’ll agree.

I agree that they are simplistic.

If many people currently (high positive test rate) have covid but hardly anyone is becoming ill or dying then it’s not that dangerous.
If not many people have it because it is a dangerous desease that kills 1 in 150 (like you say) then it obviously can’t be that infectious.

The first point isn't true. Not that many people currently have it. But that situation could change if things aren't handled properly.

The data proves it’s either infectious or dangerous....it can’t be both.....otherwise even with masks there would still be 1000’s of many deaths every day.
The reason is because now there are millions either don’t wear masks, fiddle around with their mask and don’t wear it properly, stopped washing their hands and stopped practising social distancing weeks ago...a 2nd spike was predicted many weeks ago....why is it not happening?

No. The data prove that it is infectious (an R0 of about 3.0) and relatively dangerous (IFR = about 0.9%). The data you need to look at are from February, March in Europe. Or Latin America over the summer. Or the USA over the last six months. Second spikes are happening. It's not happening in the UK now, because we still have a lot of extreme measures in place. I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong, but I'm afraid that it is a lot more dangerous than you're implying.

There are no season tickets on sale and we dont know who would have renewed so the only fair way would be to use loyalty points. This will help prioritise sales and manage ticket office workloads. The mechanics of how the club would give everyone on the database a chance to attend at least one game in 5 is the key .

There are no season tickets on sale yet - no decisions have been made as to whether they will or won't.

The people who have the loyalty points do not always go to the away games - this is whole point of the newspaper article that is coming from the premier league and the issues that will happen if strict control of actually who does go in to the ground and not what the season ticket says or who it belongs to.

Young kids seen in the crowds at away games last season simply do not have the loyalty points - so how have they got in? They are there using someones loyalty points.

The main problem and the KEY is ensuring the 21 day temporary track and trace list for EVERY game played is as near to 100% correct as can be. Unless the Premier league can convince the Government that they have strict rules as to exactly who goes in the ground, then I doubt clubs will be given permission at all.

Yes agreed, the mechanics are important - I very much doubt United or any other club will decide on their own rules of admission - it will be a premier league decision sanctioned by Government.

UTB

Let the NHS staff who would like to go to Bramall Lane attend the first match allowed. as a thank you for the work they are doing.
Typical sky bt amazon. won't let the fans watch on tv.if people boycott these greedy twats.that may help. failing that Radio Sheffield commentary.very good. and Keith Edwards talks a lot of sense. ten out of 12 points for the first four matches will be a great start.

I have absolutely 0 enthusiasm for the forthcoming season, such a shame we cant see the best team we are likely to have.

The fact that games are behind closed doors and not being broadcast on TV is a national scandal. The government should step in and pass a law that as long as covid restrictions are in place then all games should be legally available either on line or on TV in some form Even if it’s pay per view.

National scandal is a bit over the top! Should the government do the same with every horse racing meeting, every rugby game, in fact everything involving spectators??? Its not hard to get a stream and if people dont want to do that (understandable as its illegal), just listen on the radio!

There are no season tickets on sale yet - no decisions have been made as to whether they will or won't.

The people who have the loyalty points do not always go to the away games - this is whole point of the newspaper article that is coming from the premier league and the issues that will happen if strict control of actually who does go in to the ground and not what the season ticket says or who it belongs to.

Young kids seen in the crowds at away games last season simply do not have the loyalty points - so how have they got in? They are there using someones loyalty points.

The main problem and the KEY is ensuring the 21 day temporary track and trace list for EVERY game played is as near to 100% correct as can be. Unless the Premier league can convince the Government that they have strict rules as to exactly who goes in the ground, then I doubt clubs will be given permission at all.

Yes agreed, the mechanics are important - I very much doubt United or any other club will decide on their own rules of admission - it will be a premier league decision sanctioned by Government.

UTB

If season tickets are put on sale before the start of the season, then I don't actually think it will be as big a deal as we all think as a hell of a lot of people won't renew.

If season tickets aren't released though, then it can only be done on loyalty points.

Either way I don't see a situation where season ticket holders are in a ballot and can only make one in every 3/4 games, as some are suggesting.

it can only be done on loyalty points.

Loyalty points are for away tickets. Was talking just the other day to someone who has missed very very few away games in the past years - this person is on 75,000

How does a 10 year old get in the ground after October if loyalty points are used?

If it's done on loyalty points there won't be a single person in the ground under............at a guess.......16,17,18..... think it's 2,500 points for each season ticket year

UTB

Tickets at home have never allocated by Loyalty points

Someone is suggesting the same fuckers who went to every away game last season ......

Get every Home game this Season, someone needs to go get fucked .......

Use your Loyalty points for the Away games this Season, as it should be ....... 😜

If season tickets are put on sale before the start of the season, then I don't actually think it will be as big a deal as we all think as a hell of a lot of people won't renew.

Why wouldnt you re new your ST if they are put on sale ? Only reason is if you couldnt afford it due to
redundancy / employment problems
If you dont renew you risk the chance of
a - losing your seat
b - not getting a ST the season after, as STs have been limited and didnt go on sale after the initial early bird offer

I can understand people with serious health problems not renewing in the Covid era

Surely most people attend matches with members of their family and subsequently their particular bubble will be able to attend together?
Hopefully the woman who sits behind me with the knees strategically positioned in the middle of my back will not be going at the same time? Oh and her father who never had anything positive to say but insists on commentating and explaining the finer points of the game to anyone wanting to listen

It would make sense if we are to allocate tickets on the basis that ST holders go to 1 game in say 3 to do it by stand
Say John St and half the Kop then South Stand and other half of Kop etc That way it keeps families and mates together

Loyalty points are for away tickets. Was talking just the other day to someone who has missed very very few away games in the past years - this person is on 75,000

How does a 10 year old get in the ground after October if loyalty points are used?

If it's done on loyalty points there won't be a single person in the ground under............at a guess.......16,17,18..... think it's 2,500 points for each season ticket year

UTB

It's easy, give 50% of tickets to those with the most loyalty points then have a draw for the other 50% of tickets. That way you're rewarding those that have stuck by the club through the crap years whilst still giving everyone a chance to attend matches.

Anybody under 40k points can go to home games, anybody over 40k points can go to every away game........simples 😉

I think don’t bother selling season tickets because as it stands there’s little point. However whoever has one now retains the rights for first dibs in 21/22 season.

Approx figures, but say there’s 24k ST holders, 8k members who attend 4/5 games a season. Capacity is 8k for the foreseeable. First two home games we can’t go to, so 17 left. Basically means those 32k ‘members’ can go to 1 in for 4 games. So I would suggest the club contact you and ‘say you can attend game X’, you can then choose to buy a ticket for (let’s say) £30. If you wish not to attend others can buy but you wait until the next time you are invited to attend before you can go.

I don't have an issue games being rotated around ST holders from last year.

To be honest I am quite apathetic about the whole thing. As long as I can get my season ticket/keep it for when they will actually be proper season tickets...not a handful of games...I am not that bothered what they do. Sad to feel like that but we are essentially battling to be in a league cup type style crowd for a handful of games?

Basically if they rotated around then it would mean if there are say 14/15 games left and 8,000 ish allowed in...then we'd all get to see 1 in 3 games so like 5 games maximum next season.

The alternative is they just give the 8,000 tickets to those with 45,000 points or more but then the same fans see 15 games. As others have said I feel loyalty points are more for away games.

It's going to be administrative nightmare too as fans will want to go with mates. Sadly those who sit with mates may be scuppered more than those who want to go with family they live with. The govt rules as they stand suggest you won't be able to turn up and sit with your mates. Policing it will be hard too.

To be honest I've seen clubs selling season tickets or talking about raffles or lottery draws but the reality the govt will decide when and how much and much of the specifics. The clubs will be at the mercy of them.

To be honest I've wrote next season off. If I get to go to 4 or 5 games I will see it as a bonus and I'll go but we won't be going to away games for at least a year and the stadium wont be full for at least a year maybe a couple of seasons. We will effectively be in Carabao cup type crowd/atmosphere for a good period. Also, we will have to attend when they say and leave when they say...times via a clear entrance/exit (be controlled), show ID etc to get in along with your ticket and no congregating on concourses / refreshments in the ground and probably have to piss when they say! It's not the most appealing prospect. It's a bit like when everyone was getting so excited for the behind closed doors stuff and within a week everyone realised it was a bit shit. Better than nothing but still crap.

Be the same with this. I personally would rather wait until we can all go back but know that won't be for years and pubs need the money. Is anyone really excited about the prospect of going back in the circumstances we will? Not sure it will be that much better than watching it on the pub with your mates but may be that's just me.

Why wouldnt you re new your ST if they are put on sale ? Only reason is if you couldnt afford it due to
redundancy / employment problems
If you dont renew you risk the chance of
a - losing your seat
b - not getting a ST the season after, as STs have been limited and didnt go on sale after the initial early bird offer

I can understand people with serious health problems not renewing in the Covid era

You answered your own question twice, plus the fact many won't be interested under the current restrictions.

Assuming they don't open it up to general sale and it's renewals only, there would be far fewer sold than last season.

UTB

Loyalty points have also been used for home tickets, but that's not the point anyway. How else can it be done if there are no season ticket holders?

UTB

My 17 year old has 46k plus points and plenty do. ST since around 2007 and plenty of cup/away games. Only missed Bournemouth last season, pre lockdown, due to small allocation.

As previously said I think cut off point for 8k fans would be pretty high for loyalty points.

Back
Top Bottom