Player Suggestion Conor Hourahane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep! Looked keen to come, it was close to getting toxic but have to give him credit for sticking at it and improving. Was very poor on the ball first half and also isn't great out possession but didn't hide and looked like he was trying to get us going.

Agree…..thought he was really poor 1st half.
Tried a few semi difficult passes and every single one seemed to go astray.
He was also ineffective out of possesion and didn’t seem bothered as though he had other things on his mind.

We were convinced he’d be subbed off 2nd half but in fairness he definitely improved as the 2nd half progressed to the minimum standard I expected of him
so I suppose he does deserve some credit for showing character and gradually improving during a game.

Thought he was dreadful first half and his movement to show for the ball was non existent but in his defence the majority were poor. Improved quite a bit after the break so fair play to him. Does he improve us though? Would have to say no so I’d still send him back to free up a wage to bring in a player Slav wants

Anyone notice his little sprint towards the touchline when Osborn came on ,only to find out it was Stevens going off ?

It was because they pointed directly at him but they actually meant Stevens who was stood behind him.

His delivery is, on the whole, pretty awful. Still slightly better than Norwood's though.
He has no mobility and makes mistake after mistake, again, no different to Norwood.
Get rid asap and take Norwood, Stevens, Fleck, and McBurney with you Conor. Accept you are finished in professional football, your legs have gone, and stop stealing a living.
What a fucking state we are in.
utb

I think the number on the board they hold up is a clue.

You’d have thought so and that’s possibly the moment he realised that they weren’t actually pointing at him

I think hourihane proved that when you sign any player you need to give them a fair run of games

The first half he was poor then the second half he was fantastic

It’s mental signing players playing them once saying there shit and never playing them again

Would hardly say he was fantastic, but then again in comparison to the standard of other midfield performances his three forward passes could be construed as good. Interesting in that he is yet another of our midfield players who cannot / does not tackle.

Doubt we will Be looking to bring in an old pro on no doubt large wages that cannot get into our team this year let alone next

I actually like Hourihane. Think we've played some of our best football with him in the side. He's got a lovely left foot and when he's confident he looks a player.

I don't know whether he'd be one I'd sign on a permanent. It depends on how the manager wants to play, but he'd be a great one to have around the squad again.
Personally, I'd like to see us bring in some athletic players who are capable of breaking the game up and carrying the ball into the final third and being somewhat effective when they get there. Though I do get that these players are rare and expensive.

I actually like Hourihane. Think we've played some of our best football with him in the side. He's got a lovely left foot and when he's confident he looks a player.

I don't know whether he'd be one I'd sign on a permanent. It depends on how the manager wants to play, but he'd be a great one to have around the squad again.
Personally, I'd like to see us bring in some athletic players who are capable of breaking the game up and carrying the ball into the final third and being somewhat effective when they get there. Though I do get that these players are rare and expensive.
It's like changing manager really, saying yes or no to a player in your squad.

If we don't keep him then there has to be a number of players we have in mind to adequately replace his spot.

I certainly think his days of earning say 40k per week are behind him.

He's certainly a decent footballer in the purest sense of the word.

He's certainly not ready for the knackers yard yet.

Shame we've not seen any goals from him. I kind of expected that.

If he’s on reasonable wages, I’d definitely get him in permanently. Adds some quality on set pieces & slots in nicely when asked. Handy player to have available.

If he’s on reasonable wages, I’d definitely get him in permanently. Adds some quality on set pieces & slots in nicely when asked. Handy player to have available.
It’s all about the wages really. Can we match what other clubs would be prepared to pay?

Think Hourihane has done OK, but just OK, nothing more.

With Hecky saying Bash & Billy are in his plans still I don't think we should be looking to increase the average age of the squad any further by bringing in the likes of Hourihane, plus he's not mobile enough, especially when we have the likes of Norwood and Fleck already who aren't blessed with much pace either.

IMO we should be looking to bring in a midfielder who can pick up and run with the ball, someone of the nature of Callum O'Hare who destroyed us for Coventry a few weeks ago or Seriki Dembele who caused no end of problems for Bournemouth last Saturday. OK we have Ndaiye but I think he will ultimately end up playing just off a main striker.

We have to increase the number of goals we score from midfield. Hourihane is not the answer to that problem.
This is it now. If you're still putting your money on Norwood then the rest have to be chipping in with goals and the current lot don't.

He also doesn't cover enough ground.

I go back a bit on what I said above.

He's not all that difficult to replace because he's another who doesn't cover enough ground.

Whilst he may be learning the game still, and coming off a bad injury, at least Coulibaly is an athlete. We need more of those too.

All loan players will be leaving, thought hecky was interested in signing him but nothing can happen until June/July

We only want to pay large wages on players who will be regular in the first eleven and others who can fill in a number of positions but are ideally younger. The likes of hourihane are not regulars and are past their best, his wage contribution should go towards a younger player.

I've been disappointed in him, always seems to play within himself. Fleck has been average all season but Hourihane hasn't managed to displace him.

If we did sign him, it'd be as a squad player, and filling the squad with indistinguishable squad players has been our undoing previously.

We've had a good look at him, and it's a no from me.

Too old. We already have 2 30+ CMs and what we really need is energy and fitness in the middle. We need to bring on youth in this area.

Back
Top Bottom