Player Suggestion Conor Hourahane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't really what we needed to be honest, we needed athleticism, pace and bite i midfield, Hourihane is more akin to what we already had in Fleck and Norwood, but wasn't really better than neither. On his way to West Brom by all accounts, wish him all the best but sadly his best days appear behind him.

He's been ok but hasn't really had too much of an impact.

From his record, I was expecting a decent goal threat from him, something we've lacked from midfield for a long time but he's offered nothing more than being fairly neat and tidy and simply plugging a gap now and then.

If we kept him, I'd be fine with that but equally wouldn't be too fussed if he didn't come back and signed elsewhere.

Can see this being a formality. Back to the Midlands under Bruce.

One of the most ‘meh’ players we’ve had in recent times.

A typical West Brom type signing, will leave them underwhelmed and condemn them to missing out on the playoffs again next season.

Bit weird considering they signed the Barnsley captain who plays the same role.

I thought he was ok, never a world beater, but never had a stinker. Grateful for his time here, wish him all the best for the future.

For us it's resources saved that hopefully can be put to better use
You want a bit more than ok when they're on 42k per week though!

He'll immediately start scoring every other week as soon as he signs for anybody else

So I was right then about a year ago when I said on here that he was a poor mans Norwood. It was pretty obvious even back then.
A waste of a loan space and wages when you think of the impact the Scabs loanees have had.
Our scouting really is bad and can only hope we get better at finding players this summer.

So I was right then about a year ago when I said on here that he was a poor mans Norwood. It was pretty obvious even back then.
A waste of a loan space and wages when you think of the impact the Scabs loanees have had.
Our scouting really is bad and can only hope we get better at finding players this summer.
Agreed. Far too static, Garner who is on loan at Florist would have been ideal

Would much prefer we sign someone younger and more mobile, to support Norwood.

WBA letting Romaine Sawyers go on a free. I'd happily let them sign Hourihane and we pick up Sawyers as a replacement.

100% agree. Get the Sawyers of a couple of seasons ago and it would be a bargain...he was always going to struggle in a Ismael/Bruce set up.

Again, Young players with Potential and resale value, if they don't tick these boxes then we arent interested

From prem to league 1 is quite a fall. I thought he would at least get a championship club

Back
Top Bottom