Player Suggestion Conor Hourahane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No brainer for him to join West Brom, won’t even have to move home again… we move on.

i like hourihanne but know a lot on here dont but yet another left footed midfielder were being linked with wonder if sander is staying on the right side of our midfield 2 🤔

Another "Gone to West Brom" to add to this seasons transfer window catalog.

Really is becoming the new Villa
I hope he does go to WBA. He was decent earlier in his career but has been poor for a while now. He was abysmal in all Swansea’s play off matches and got subbed in all 3 I think. We need to be looking for better quality than him.

I hope he does go to WBA. He was decent earlier in his career but has been poor for a while now. He was abysmal in all Swansea’s play off matches and got subbed in all 3 I think. We need to be looking for better quality than him.
Agree, my Swans mate didnt rate him

Hopefully we can get West Broml to.fill their squad with these uninspiring middle of the road championship shirt fillers and we can get some real talent in from abroad or premier league youngsters

No brainer for him to join West Brom, won’t even have to move home again… we move on.
He wouldn’t have to move to join us either, it’s hardly an onerous commute and WBA have just signed Mowatt haven’t they?

Wilder told his scouting network last preseason that we needed height and power and he failed to deliver
Those attributes are even more necessary in the championship

Think we need some legs, athleticism and power. Not sure I'd be too enthused by signing him. We need to get younger in here and more dynamic.
Yep agree Deadbat he was at his best when a Barnsley player.
Strikes me as a bit wishy washy good on deadballs ( pardon the pun 😄) doesn't get stuck in really! I think we can do better.

Wilder told his scouting network last preseason that we needed height and power and he failed to deliver
Those attributes are even more necessary in the championship

Whilst I agree we do need to add those things, personally I don't think it's as necessary in the Championship. There's always been this idea that the championship is more physical and less technical. I can't say that's the way I've seen it. For me the single biggest difference when stepping up is how bloody athletic the opponents are in the premier league.
Hence why Norwood has always been a championship master and not Premier league standard, just not quick enough.
Players like: Norwood, Duffy and Sharp have shown how good they can be in the Championship, despite the lack of athletic attributes.

Last year of his contract. Needs to have a good season to get one last big payday. Personally, think it would be a good move. We need athleticism as well but we need to create more chances.

On twitter, the Villa fans don't seem to think they would let him go to a local rival.

Whilst I agree we do need to add those things, personally I don't think it's as necessary in the Championship. There's always been this idea that the championship is more physical and less technical. I can't say that's the way I've seen it. For me the single biggest difference when stepping up is how bloody athletic the opponents are in the premier league.
Hence why Norwood has always been a championship master and not Premier league standard, just not quick enough.
Players like: Norwood, Duffy and Sharp have shown how good they can be in the Championship, despite the lack of athletic attributes.
So the idea is to get promoted with a team that isn’t good enough for the Premier League? How will that end, I wonder?

So the idea is to get promoted with a team that isn’t good enough for the Premier League? How will that end, I wonder?

No, like I say we do need to add those attributes. It was more a wider point about the preconception that the championship requires greater physicality.

No, like I say we do need to add those attributes. It was more a wider point about the preconception that the championship requires greater physicality.
We are too slow and one-dimensional. We need more pace, power and athleticism…it’s as simple as that. Hourihane just gives us more of what we already have.

He wasn’t the most popular amongst the Swansea fans and seems to be on a downward trajectory based on the last couple of seasons. Even though our midfield was shite last season I’d struggle to see who he replaces to be honest.

Its a no for me. Slowed down alot and lost alot of the flair he was once renowned for. At 30 not what we require.

Kinda hope this is one of them rumours that his agent is floating about.... My Swansea buddy said they he wouldn't want him back with them. It's a no for me.

He has 31 goals 30 assists in 145 games in the Championship. That’s a very good return for a CM.
A comparison to Duffy 140 games 13 goals 26 assists.

Back
Top Bottom