Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn’t Everton have an option in him for £4.5m - though I might be misremembering tbf.

If so a smart business man would have bought him and sold him on for 7.5m. Decent bit of business from wolves tbf - and presumably why our interest dropped off.

If it is indeed a fee of £7.5m (in addition to his signing on fee and agents fee and his large wages) for a 30 something right footed centre back then they are welcome to him.

He would be a good signing but he ain't all that. Hes not worth that size of outlay for us. Leicester can probably afford him as they have been in the PL for umpteen years and have just sold Madisson to Spurs (or are about to) for £40m. Move on to the next one. No real loss.
Agree

He’ll go from a relegation dog fight with Everton, to another with us, or a steady canter in a good team against championship forwards

No resale value and top end wages for another right footed CB isn’t top 3 priority for us - give JLT another few grand and spend the £7.5m on Beni traore - could score the goals that keep us up and will be worth £20m+ if he gets into double figures

Reckon PH thinks his starting 3 will be Anel, Egan & holgate

Coady is a bit more streetwise with his age, but Egan has that, what Egan lacks is pace and Holgate is faster than Coady I would guess so compliment each other

I can’t believe a supposed Premier League side are scoffing at 7mil for a very competent England international defender who can play numerous positions, all very well.

Oh well, at least we’ve resigned Osborn and Fleck though.

It's another radio box option these days 🤣🤣🤣
I’m lost

Saw your mum n dad on Sunday - your dad looks so well - couldn’t believe it when he told me how old he is .

I’m lost

Saw your mum n dad on Sunday - your dad looks so well - couldn’t believe it when he told me how old he is .
Its a new pronoun.

Aye, doesnt do too bad. Off on hols again this week.

£7.5 million for a 30 plus year old centre back who's biggest quality is been able to shout loud

Crackers it really is

They could have got Ethan Ampadu for that with some change

That will be in the top 5 or so of fees paid in the championship. Incredible really. He's just turned 30 so it's not like there is any realistic resale value either.

You would think so but there has been alot of money been spent in the past. Jordan Rhodes and Dwight Gayle don't make the top 10.

Screenshot_20230628_200353_Samsung Internet.jpg

i think we were interested in coady but not at 7.5m we do need another centre back and holgate on loan could be the answer but that money can be used better helping to get doyle and obrien in to our midfield plus possibly buying a striker centre back isnt a top priority

Great signing for them. Their defence got them relegated. Not only have they got themselves an experience England international defender, they've also signed a captain.

I doubt we'd have been able to compete on wages, but I'd rather loan Holgate and spend the money where we most need it.

Bit pricey

We need to penetrate more deals like Anel, taking a risk into a unknown hole might just work for us.

I think a lot of people get too excited about certain linked players. Coady is decent but expensive, and in Egan and Ahmedhodzic we have two players who are more than competent at his preferred position. We need to be very clever, and prioritise spending money on our weakest areas to have any hope of survival.

Back
Top Bottom