Club Shop new range

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m sure you could spot the odd rainbow blade scarf in around the pubs tonight, I’ve tried in vain but unfortunately my view appears to be obscured by the legion of Blades not giving a fuck.
Lots of folk commenting who couldn't give a fuck. This is also your seventh post on this thread.

I'll get one. I like what it stands for.

My late wife (who despite being a Man U fan - yes she was from ‘darn sarf’) would accompany me to The Lane. Very often, when a player fell over like a sack of spuds she would shout “get up yer girl”. No doubt the permanently offended would claim she was brainwashed by the patriarchy to use “outdated” stereotypes.

Bert couldn't care less about these scarves but he can report that he's yet to see one outside of the club shop.

Lots of folk commenting who couldn't give a fuck. This is also your seventh post on this thread.
I have no intention of buying a rainbow scarf.
I have no intention of buying a Cliff Richard album.
I have no intention of buying anything ever made by a thrash metal group.
I have no interest in opera.
If a meddling busybody objected to anyone who does like the above from purchasing what they wanted I would suddenly give a fuck.

I have no intention of buying a rainbow scarf.
I have no intention of buying a Cliff Richard album.
I have no intention of buying anything ever made by a thrash metal group.
I have no interest in opera.
If a meddling busybody objected to anyone who does like the above from purchasing what they wanted I would suddenly give a fuck.
Still not bothered, I see.

I think rainbow scarves are a little different to the idea of BAME scarves because a person's sexuality is hidden and so they have the option of hiding it. With that in mind, and bearing in mind also the shame that people have often been made to feel in relation to these things, I can see why it appeals to so many people to make a point of representing that side of themselves. It's a potent 'fuck you' to the shame people may have previously felt about it.

People who might moan about rainbow scarves might also moan about Pride the event. Perhaps I'm assuming, but it seems like a similar objection. I can see the logic behind those objections to Pride too - and one day, maybe Pride the event won't be needed. But I think the need for Pride, whether the event or the expression of it with a rainbow flag on stuff, is related directly to the shame people have felt previously. If being gay ever becomes something that nobody is ever made to feel ashamed about, then there'll be no need for Pride and rainbow flags and all the rest of it. Not sure if that day will come, personally.

Here we go another casual homophobe…….you’re the sort of pillock why these gestures are required…have a read through the thread and educate yourself…
Christ calm down, was a tongue in cheek comment and sarcastic at this thread gaining so many posts over a rainbow scarf ! I couldn’t give a flying fuck who is gay, Peace

Last edited:
Maybe the club could re-open one of the bars at the bottom of the kop steps as a Dempsey's?
I drank in Dempsey’s from aged 15 on matchdays for 3 years, never knew it was a gay bar until i went past 1 night. It was shit but they served underage. I think fans will accept a gay bar on the kop if they can just get served in 5 mins haha

Bert couldn't care less about these scarves but he can report that he's yet to see one outside of the club shop.
Bert can report that he has still yet to see anybody wearing one.

Looks like a bit of a commercial disaster.

Have they stopped selling mens slippers? That was a guaranteed present for me each Christmas,but don't see them on the online store?

Back
Top Bottom