Chris Sutton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

........and clowns. Sutton fits both descriptions, a clown of a pundit, who blows which ever way the compass is pointing.
How does one believe a man who gets tied up with Robby Savage (we know it's loose change in his back pocket), but Robby Savage
Many on here knock 'Football Heaven'(Radio Sheffield), god almighty(knew I'd get JH in here some how)those two take football punditry down even lower.
suttons an idiot 😴

If things go well next season and we do go up The Prince will be an hero, if he gets it wrong and we struggle he'll not dare set foot in Sheffield. The man is in not a very nice position, he's taken a lot of flack of CW and it's been obvious for months Chris had lost his mojo & spark.

If things go well next season and we do go up The Prince will be an hero, if he gets it wrong and we struggle he'll not dare set foot in Sheffield. The man is in not a very nice position, he's taken a lot of flack of CW and it's been obvious for months Chris had lost his mojo & spark.

Such is the lot of a football club chairman, fine line between hero and villain.

Mcabe started with a (relative) free hit purely because he wasn't McDonald / Hashimi / Woolhouse. It was a low bar.

Simon Jordan “Prince was right to sack Wilder”
Stupid twat, knows fuck all.

Chris Sutton “Prince was wrong to sack Wilder”
Stupid twat. Knows fuck all.
Good job it wasn’t a sack race and CW walked.

Can't see the problem with what he's said, I'm not a fan of Sutton as I've said before he actually bored me to sleep once at an after dinner...

But, the next managerial appointment is key, we can go down if the new guy wants a totally new squad, and it fails or if we clear too many good players out / they leave...

I personally believe we're wasting time now with hecky if he's not taking the job next season..

Get your skates on princey - get on with it.. We've all moved on... Except the nutters on Twatter, but you can't have it all..

Can't see the problem with what he's said, I'm not a fan of Sutton as I've said before he actually bored me to sleep once at an after dinner...

But, the next managerial appointment is key, we can go down if the new guy wants a totally new squad, and it fails or if we clear too many good players out / they leave...

I personally believe we're wasting time now with hecky if he's not taking the job next season..

Get your skates on princey - get on with it.. We've all moved on... Except the nutters on Twatter, but you can't have it all..
I can't see any point at all in rushing into an appointment now.

We are all but relegated, so why not wait until the summer when managerial contracts expire and the merry go round starts.

Unless PA has a clear idea of who he wants and he can get them now, it makes perfect sense to out a caretaker in place whilst PA gather's his thoughts and sees what is out there.

Hecky in now is an ideal scenario. Let the current storm blow over, results aren't overly important and won't tarnish Heckingbottom when he heads back to U23s, new manager comes in with a clean break rather than a disjointed & obliterated squad & 9 Games to get booed at from the sofa.

Basically, he needs a good preseason.

Hecky in now is an ideal scenario. Let the current storm blow over, results aren't overly important and won't tarnish Heckingbottom when he heads back to U23s, new manager comes in with a clean break rather than a disjointed & obliterated squad & 9 Games to get booed at from the sofa.

Basically, he needs a good preseason.
This insomnia is a nightmare isn't it 😂😂😂

Seeing as we're all here the 3 of us..

I know it's going to be pH till the end and I agree with both of you..

I just would like the new permant guy ASAP to get to know the team in a game situation.. Maybe he's a watching brief atm ..

It couldn't hurt to have the guy around the squad with no pressure...

Seeing as we're all here the 3 of us..

I know it's going to be pH till the end and I agree with both of you..

I just would like the new permant guy ASAP to get to know the team in a game situation.. Maybe he's a watching brief atm ..

It couldn't hurt to have the guy around the squad with no pressure...
Like Tindall.............

Like Tindall.............
This seems the case, hopefully he's running the rule over them for Eddie Howe... I think he's the best of the current crop available.. It doesn't say much of course for the current crop.. But he wouldn't be a cometely unpopular choice..

I think peopl
This seems the case, hopefully he's running the rule over them for Eddie Howe... I think he's the best of the current crop available.. It doesn't say much of course for the current crop.. But he wouldn't be a cometely unpopular choice..
I think people are being hard on Eddie Howe. He did a great job at Bournemouth for a number of years, great attacking football, and often taking on the big boys and beating them. He was linked with the Arsenal and England jobs. His team's played football people were happy to watch.

He had a bad time at Burnley, but he was really young then and I suspect this was personal circumstances. He had a bad season.last year but had loads of injuries. It certainly wasn't as bad as our season has been.

Rumour is that he's still contracted at Bournemouth and they're paying him, but he's available in the summer.

I'd be happy to have him at Utd. He got Bournemouth promoted and kept them there. It must have been the football as Dean Court is hardly intimidating us it?

I know some will point to the wage bill, but a Manager always pushes the budget, the CEO and owner keep this in check. So the wages at Bournemouth must have been sanctioned by the Billionaire owner.

As I say, if he came to Utd I think he'd be a really good fit. Perhaps Jason Tindall is the advance party........

I think peopl

I think people are being hard on Eddie Howe. He did a great job at Bournemouth for a number of years, great attacking football, and often taking on the big boys and beating them. He was linked with the Arsenal and England jobs. His team's played football people were happy to watch.

He had a bad time at Burnley, but he was really young then and I suspect this was personal circumstances. He had a bad season.last year but had loads of injuries. It certainly wasn't as bad as our season has been.

Rumour is that he's still contracted at Bournemouth and they're paying him, but he's available in the summer.

I'd be happy to have him at Utd. He got Bournemouth promoted and kept them there. It must have been the football as Dean Court is hardly intimidating us it?

I know some will point to the wage bill, but a Manager always pushes the budget, the CEO and owner keep this in check. So the wages at Bournemouth must have been sanctioned by the Billionaire owner.

As I say, if he came to Utd I think he'd be a really good fit. Perhaps Jason Tindall is the advance party........
That for me would show great professionalism from the Prince, should this be the way it plays out.

I thought Howe was a shoe in at arsenal once wenger left.. If he was good enough to be on thier radar, he was obviously doing something right..

We'll see where this goes soon enough.. Utb

He should stick to selling packets of flower and vegetable seeds.

Got us down to stick 5 past Wrexham

Screenshot from 2023-02-06 21-48-31.png

He also stuck to the rule of not talking about this game without mentioning a "Hollywood finish"
Screenshot from 2023-02-06 21-51-03.png

Such a can't be arsed type effort there, isn't it?

Lower league teams missed their chance. They'll get pumped in the replay.

Other games. Just go for the team higher up in the league.

Cheque please!

total khunt

What a load of drivel, Sutton and the other presenter stealing a living, who watches that shite every week.
Go in any pub in England and you'd hear what they say and probably more eloquently.
I'll not debase myself by going on about Sutton, enough said and he's not worth the wear on my finger tips.

Don’t think he’s a million miles off it tbh

The comments from PH about the goal kicks is silly . His attack on referees is way over the top too .

He is blaming the wrong people - he should start with the piss poor planning that left is woefully under resourced for the job , plus the paper thin squad we have at the mo to carry through the job with any realistic chance of success .

What a load of drivel, Sutton and the other presenter stealing a living, who watches that shite every week.
Go in any pub in England and you'd hear what they say and probably more eloquently.
I'll not debase myself by going on about Sutton, enough said and he's not worth the wear on my finger tips.
Is it? I think it’s more or less on point
PH set us up well but we really pushed the time wasting to the limit - it was close to embarrassing at times and with the new rules and clamp down you knew it was going to backfire

Unless I have completely misunderstood things, Heckingbottom hasn't once complained about the amount of time added on, which is what the presenters here seem to be suggesting. What he has complained about is the ref's overall management of the game, and specifically how he dealt with Foderingham when he was trying to play the ball out from the back, as well as the ridiculous decision to give McBurnie a 2nd yellow. The fact that Maddison and Son to a lesser extent were in the ref's face all game without any sanction wasn't mentioned, but really could have been as yet another example of bias and inconsistency.

And as for Sutton's dig about this being pre meditated, well fuck me sideways. Heckingbottom had already said that he been chewing this over all match, and we know he has been unsatisfied with refereeing decisions in previous games. Would Sutton have prefered Heckingbottom to go on an unstructured rant, call the ref a c**t, smash the microphone and storm out? Maybe he would. God forbid that a manager presents specific examples of where a ref has got it wrong, so that journalists and other referees can examine those specific points and draw conclusions. The first rule of giving performance based feedback is to make it specific, with examples of exactly where something has been done well, or not. The emotion did creep in a bit with his general appraisal that refs do not know the game, but can anyone really argue with that? It's long overdue that was said in my opinion, and by more managers too.

To the final point that Heckingbottom is blaming the wrong people, well I am sure that he has made his feelings crystal clear to Bettis and the Prince about our lack of preparation and support from above this season, but we have seen before what happens when a manager starts to openly criticise boards and owners. It's not going to happen. And yes we made mistakes in the game, but that doesn't nullify the criticisms aimed at the officiating, which so far this season, as it was last, has just been wholly unsatisfactory.

Unless I have completely misunderstood things, Heckingbottom hasn't once complained about the amount of time added on, which is what the presenters here seem to be suggesting. What he has complained about is the ref's overall management of the game, and specifically how he dealt with Foderingham when he was trying to play the ball out from the back, as well as the ridiculous decision to give McBurnie a 2nd yellow. The fact that Maddison and Son to a lesser extent were in the ref's face all game without any sanction wasn't mentioned, but really could have been as yet another example of bias and inconsistency.

And as for Sutton's dig about this being pre meditated, well fuck me sideways. Heckingbottom had already said that he been chewing this over all match, and we know he has been unsatisfied with refereeing decisions in previous games. Would Sutton have prefered Heckingbottom to go on an unstructured rant, call the ref a c**t, smash the microphone and storm out? Maybe he would. God forbid that a manager presents specific examples of where a ref has got it wrong, so that journalists and other referees can examine those specific points and draw conclusions. The first rule of giving performance based feedback is to make it specific, with examples of exactly where something has been done well, or not. The emotion did creep in a bit with his general appraisal that refs do not know the game, but can anyone really argue with that? It's long overdue that was said in my opinion, and by more managers too.

To the final point that Heckingbottom is blaming the wrong people, well I am sure that he has made his feelings crystal clear to Bettis and the Prince about our lack of preparation and support from above this season, but we have seen before what happens when a manager starts to openly criticise boards and owners. It's not going to happen. And yes we made mistakes in the game, but that doesn't nullify the criticisms aimed at the officiating, which so far this season, as it was last, has just been wholly unsatisfactory.
Good response tbh mate

I'm not a fan of pundits who seem like they can't be arsed and that it's hard work. Sutton was very much that but he's cheered up a bit in the last couple of years. I don't mind him so much now.

If we want pundits to be more positive, take points from good positions 🤷‍♂️

I'm not a fan of pundits who seem like they can't be arsed and that it's hard work. Sutton was very much that but he's cheered up a bit in the last couple of years. I don't mind him so much now.

If we want pundits to be more positive, take points from good positions 🤷‍♂️

I don't really care if they are positive or not to be honest, I just want them to to be fair and to actually appreciate the details involved.

As I said above, I may have got this completely wrong, but their analysis of PH's comments seems to be based on an assumption that he is complaining about the added on time and blaming the ref for the result, which I didn't hear. Would he have done the same had we won or drawn, hard to say and Sutton was right to make that point, but to put this down as a petulant rant by a bitter manager, was disingenuous in my opinion. If anything PH seemed most aggrieved about the McB sending off, which he absolutely should be.

Sutton was also right about why we lost the game at the end.

I don't really care if they are positive or not to be honest, I just want them to to be fair and to actually appreciate the details involved.

As I said above, I may have got this completely wrong, but their analysis of PH's comments seems to be based on an assumption that he is complaining about the added on time and blaming the ref for the result, which I didn't hear. Would he have done the same had we won or drawn, hard to say and Sutton was right to make that point, but to put this down as a petulant rant by a bitter manager, was disingenuous in my opinion. If anything PH seemed most aggrieved about the McB sending off, which he absolutely should be.

Sutton was also right about why we lost the game at the end.
I wondered whether Heckingbottom's point, which was not that well expressed, was that the referee would not have dealt with the Spurs players like that. and he would be right.

Back
Top Bottom