Chris Sutton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score

On Monday Night Club on 5Live Chris Sutton thinks the Blades​

'Could go down another league' - Chris Sutton tears into Sheffield United over Chris Wilder exit​

Sheffield United could plummet down the leagues if they do not get their next appointment right following Chris Wilder's departure, according to BBC Radio 5Live pundit Chris Sutton
Chris Sutton believes Sheffield United are in danger of a second successive relegation following the departure of Chris Wilder.

The Blades' woeful performance in their 5-0 drubbing at Leicester City was scrutinised in detail by the BBC Radio 5Live team on the Monday Night Club show and the decision made by owner Prince Abdullah to remove Wilder was at the heart of the debate.

Maybe if everyone predicts us to be god awful we might start playing well again. Every cloud as the say. ;)

Chris Sutton is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he may be

But what he is saying is true for every football club appointing a manager or thinking of sacking a manager and appointing a new one. This isn't insightful You don't have to be a former footballer and pundit to work this out. It is called stating the bleeding obvious

Chris Sutton is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he may be
He’s not wrong though. If PA appoints Weir mark 2, we could end up getting relegated. I don’t think it’s the most likely option but that’s what ultimately happened when we let Warnock go and didn’t replace him properly. Conversely, get it right and we’ll probably go back up again.

I wouldn’t worry about his opinion after his efforts at co commentating the other week

There's a chance but then again didn't he predict norwich to finish mid table when they came up with us

He could be right, he could be wrong, no one really knows until we see what the plan for next season is in terms of the coach and recruitment.

I'd say that right now I see a second relegation is a lot more likely than us winning promotion back to the Premier League.

We could easily go down if we get the next appointment wrong. It’s fine margins between good and bad, and we now look shell shocked.

The next manager needs to be a strong character and command the respect of the players, otherwise we’re in trouble.

He’s not wrong though. If PA appoints Weir mark 2, we could end up getting relegated. I don’t think it’s the most likely option but that’s what ultimately happened when we let Warnock go and didn’t replace him properly. Conversely, get it right and we’ll probably go back up again.
I didn't say he was wrong.

I said "however wrong he MAY be"

He may be absolutely spot on, although I hope he's not, but he is entitled to his opinion either way.

I'm more than happy for people to have different opinions to me but on this matter I agree with you.

It could go horribly wrong but it might not.

I have no evidence to form an opinion either way ;)

Are we going to get a brand new thread every time some no-mark commentator or former pro comments on the situation (with no more information to hand than what we have)?

It's inane and pointless and just serves to cement divisions within the fanbase.

He did the colour commentary on Sunday’s game on the international feed. No wonder he is so downbeat.

Are we going to get a brand new thread every time some no-mark commentator or former pro comments on the situation (with no more information to hand than what we have)?

It's inane and pointless and just serves to cement divisions within the fanbase.

Wait! have we heard what Michael Owen thinks yet?

"Sheffield United need to appoint a manager that is good and not one that is bad."

Its just certain media folk milking a topic to create a reason for them to be there and take an easy paycheck. When the CW subject has appeared on Loose Women then you know its time to switch off.

This is the same bloke who was advocating Wilder's sacking to give us a chance to stay in the PL last December.

Even if we have to sell some of our main assets I still think we have more than enough to be sound,if egan or O'Connell go (I can't see both going) then if berge goes and maybe mcburnie we still have a lot of very good championship footballers left over (Not as good as said players) but we won't be facing world class players every week get a few decent players in and we are good to go,I honestly don't think we'll sell as many as people are stating.

Just another “say stuff” pundit who, despite playing the game for so long, offers very little insight in to varying situations within football. One to mute/ignore.

On Monday Night Club on 5Live Chris Sutton thinks the Blades​

'Could go down another league' - Chris Sutton tears into Sheffield United over Chris Wilder exit​

Sheffield United could plummet down the leagues if they do not get their next appointment right following Chris Wilder's departure, according to BBC Radio 5Live pundit Chris Sutton
Chris Sutton believes Sheffield United are in danger of a second successive relegation following the departure of Chris Wilder.

The Blades' woeful performance in their 5-0 drubbing at Leicester City was scrutinised in detail by the BBC Radio 5Live team on the Monday Night Club show and the decision made by owner Prince Abdullah to remove Wilder was at the heart of the debate.

So if a football club makes a bad appointment as manager their results could suffer. Well that's insightful.

Back
Top Bottom