Chris Sutton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The standard of play on Sunday was non league standard by us and although I didn't hear or read Sutton's full quote, I can understand why he thinks this way on that one performance. Did he mention we've been poor all season with Wilder in charge? And if Sutton was an owner of a club?? , you can't tell me he would have not pulled the trigger way earlier in the season?

But come off it, this is a typical reaction from a non descript pundit who always tends to slate the board and owners when a manager walks. Simular to the comments made on TV on Saturday night by crisp man and his co team
Pundits always tend to look at one side of the argument and are never balanced in their views.
Our team, already on a bad run, playing without any preparation time with Hecky, low in confidence, without key players, upset and in shock after losing their popular leader and playing against a top 4 team who's on a good run. Then you get Sutton coming out with a daft and ill thought out statement like this.
Absolutely pathetic.
Just hope we can get ourselves sorted ready for next season and ram these quotes down their throats. I can't understand some of our 'supporters' fall for it and believe what they say is gospel.

We could easily go down if we get the next appointment wrong. It’s fine margins between good and bad, and we now look shell shocked.

The next manager needs to be a strong character and command the respect of the players, otherwise we’re in trouble.
3EA50800-F733-433C-B33C-5BFC4E049B58.jpeg

He was a better striker than any we have got ,I don't get all the hostilities on here sometimes .Hes an top level ex pro who is now making a living giving his opinion on the game .His show with savage is quite entertaining, I know savage was an limited football player but he's done well out of it .......

In fairness he's only repeating what loads of Blades were speculating over the weekend.

Like I said if the Prince gets it wrong we will be struggling

Simon Jordan “Prince was right to sack Wilder”
Stupid twat, knows fuck all.

Chris Sutton “Prince was wrong to sack Wilder”
Stupid twat. Knows fuck all.

If it's true that prince's wants to sell 5 players which if so he will know what us fans think soon enough.

Norwich lose one major player and fly back up us well sell the crown jewels

If it's true that prince's wants to sell 5 players which if so he will know what us fans think soon enough.

Norwich lose one major player and fly back up us well sell the crown jewels
Let’s be fair - there’s 5 players we’d all get rid of, so the rumour he wants go get rid of players, by itself, means nothing.

The operative word here is “could”. Lots of things “could” happen.

That’s the point isn’t it? Nobody knows if it has even been said, and if it has, what exactly it means.

If it is to sell the 5 most valuable players we’re in trouble

If it’s to trim the dead wood by 5 - it makes perfect sense.

"The club is in danger if they don't get their next appointment right". I am sure that Prince hasn't considered this, I mean not once. FFS.

I wish I could get paid to sit in a studio and make such incisive observations about football.

"The club is in danger if they don't get their next appointment right". I am sure that Prince hasn't considered this, I mean not once. FFS.

I wish I could get paid to sit in a studio and make such incisive observations about football.
Believe it or not i don't think Prince isn't stupid if he is indeed a football fan. Could be completely wrong though 😆

He was a better striker than any we have got ,I don't get all the hostilities on here sometimes .Hes an top level ex pro who is now making a living giving his opinion on the game .His show with savage is quite entertaining, I know savage was an limited football player but he's done well out of it .......

Im off to listen to the Shipping Forecast

I heard what he had to say and the commentary. He was scathing of the performance, Bryan in particular Wilder being allowed to leave etc etc, like the rest of us . Thing is he almost seemed to enjoy it. None of the pundits give a shit about us. Get back in your box Sheffield Utd, let’s concentrate on United,

But what he is saying is true for every football club appointing a manager or thinking of sacking a manager and appointing a new one. This isn't insightful You don't have to be a former footballer and pundit to work this out. It is called stating the bleeding obvious
Paul Merson has made a pundit career out of reading the Championship table. "I fancy Norwich and Watford, they look strong, although Swansea and Brentford could easily step up if either falter, I fancy Reading, Barnsley or Bournemouth to make the play-offs given their current form. blah blah blah.

Any fucking idiot can say this shit, and I fear these idiots get paid a fortune for it.

my view is that the squad we have at the end of the season is a top 6 Championship squad as below

Ramsdale,
Basham, Egan, JOC,
Bogle/Baldock, Norwood/Berge, Fleck/Osborn, RND/Stevens/Lowe
L Freeman
Sharp, McBurnie, Burke, Brewster, Didsy, Mousett

backup - J Robinson, Foderingham, plus 4 kids

The big questions are
1 How many of those get sold? I personally wouldn't keep any of the players out of contract (Moore, Lunny, Bryan, Rodwell, Jags)
2 How many of those are finished? Questions remain about Mousett, Stevens, Norwood, L. Freeman, Mcburnie, Brewster and Sharp, although I think 4 or 5 of them will bounce back.
3 Can the next manager do simple things like organise and motivate?
4 Who comes in to replace those who leave?

Is it the people who thought Simon Jordan spoke sense when he was having a dig at Wilder who think Sutton is chatting shite?

Sutton is a grade A wanker, but I fear for the direction we’ll be heading under the Prince, so I can’t disagree with him.

It’ll have to be five who have not had many games this season if we’re to make any money
No way will someone buy JOC no chance only five I can think of is Egan Baldock fleck Berge maybe ramsdale lose them that will set us back years

Sutton against villa said it was a pen on Watkins it wasn't even a foul was willing villa to get back in it he's good on 5 live but terrible pundit

Remember when we used to laugh at pundits?
........and clowns. Sutton fits both descriptions, a clown of a pundit, who blows which ever way the compass is pointing.
How does one believe a man who gets tied up with Robby Savage (we know it's loose change in his back pocket), but Robby Savage
Many on here knock 'Football Heaven'(Radio Sheffield), god almighty(knew I'd get JH in here some how)those two take football punditry down even lower.

Back
Top Bottom