Chris Sutton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Listened to James Richardson's podcast this week. It's from The Athletic so the idea should be that because you pay for it, you get better researched content. It's the same old bollocks though. Heckingbottom's comments were dismissed as "real football man bullshit" and they said we could have no complaints over McBurnie's second yellow as it was clearly (and rightly) for a foul, not anything he said.

Lazy at best.

Whether McBurnie was correctly carded or not, initially Johnson clearly blocked his run and the outcome of the incident, should have been a free kick to Utd on the edge of the box.

I hate referees and the whole PGMOL bollocks, it was much better when they were just School teachers, Bus drivers and Shop keepers doing the job. They’re just so up their own arses now, so obsessed with lining their own pockets whilst slowly destroying the game as a spectacle. One thing is for sure, they will never allow ex pro’s into their elite club, they’re not driven by what’s good for the game, they’re driven by what’s good for their members.

The guy is a full weight bell end. Why do people give a shit what wankers say about us
Agree, he's generally a bit of a wanker and even he admits it himself.
However I quite like Jordan because he isn't afraid to give his opinion, even if it's unpopular, he'll generally use some logic to back it up.
He also doesn't pussy foot around and generally calls it as it is, sometimes the truth can hurt and appear harsh.

Of course, when you're in a job promoting controversial opinions so it creates discussion, reactions and clicks.
Then of course SJ will ruffle plenty of feathers and be generally unpopular, don't think he cares because his listening audience is always really high.

There was one incident where I was angry with Simon Jordan.

He was discussing the pitch invasion and attack on Billy Sharp by the Notts Forest fans in the play-off semi final.
They were doing their normal pre- arranged "good cop..bad cop" presentation. Jim White was doing his "Forest fans were a disgrace and need to have a massive fine or play behind closed doors and the "guy attacking a player need to spend plenty of time in prison".

To my surprise Jordan admitted he has a close friend who is one of the directors at Forest
and his friend told him there is alot more to this story than what's been in the press. He said "obviously I don't condone the actions of the Forest idiot attacking Sharp but their players and coaching team were getting up to all kinds of shenanigans on the touch line winding up fans", so it's not a massive surprise when some fans react".

There has been plenty of time in the past when Jim White calls us "a massive club with huge support" or "a huge club who should be in the Premier League"
Where as Jordan has said this type of stuff about Sheff Wed but regards Sheff Utd the biggest praise I've heard him say is "they are a significant club". Where as regards Sheff Wed, he always gives praise regards the stature of the club and fans and regards Leeds United he always says one of the biggest clubs in England with the best fans and the Premier league isn't the same without Leeds.

It's as though Jordan has bad blood with Sheff Utd, never heard him say anything positive about us, apart from he liked Wilder and always said positive stuff about him (in the early days). When Wilder walked...he suddenly slagged off Wilder and became a big supporter of the Prince. Altho SJ is often more supportive of owners.

I've not heard what Chris Sutton said about us but I've seen and heard him in the past and he's nothing but an irrelevant gobshite.

He likes to stir the pot to keep himself front of mind when he spent his career in England in Alan Shearer's shadow and still does even now when it comes to punditry.

Wah wah wah wah

I can’t believe someone in the media has said something negative about us

I’m nearly as angry as when we were only 3rd on MOTD and Ian wright called us Sheffield
Aye
Then factor in that someone tunes in to ‘TalkSPORT’ ; logs in / reads owt with the ‘Daily Mail’ logo (& similar clickbait) in the 1st instance & then becomes sufficiently ‘outraged’ to pass / post indignant comment - ‘caveat emptor’ & all that ?

…..It's as though Jordan has bad blood with Sheff Utd, never heard him say anything positive about us, apart from he liked Wilder and always said positive stuff about him (in the early days). When Wilder walked...he suddenly slagged off Wilder and became a big supporter of the Prince. Altho SJ is often more supportive of owners.
Aye
?🤔

Agree, he's generally a bit of a wanker and even he admits it himself.
However I quite like Jordan because he isn't afraid to give his opinion, even if it's unpopular, he'll generally use some logic to back it up.
He also doesn't pussy foot around and generally calls it as it is, sometimes the truth can hurt and appear harsh.

Of course, when you're in a job promoting controversial opinions so it creates discussion, reactions and clicks.
Then of course SJ will ruffle plenty of feathers and be generally unpopular, don't think he cares because his listening audience is always really high.

There was one incident where I was angry with Simon Jordan.

He was discussing the pitch invasion and attack on Billy Sharp by the Notts Forest fans in the play-off semi final.
They were doing their normal pre- arranged "good cop..bad cop" presentation. Jim White was doing his "Forest fans were a disgrace and need to have a massive fine or play behind closed doors and the "guy attacking a player need to spend plenty of time in prison".

To my surprise Jordan admitted he has a close friend who is one of the directors at Forest
and his friend told him there is alot more to this story than what's been in the press. He said "obviously I don't condone the actions of the Forest idiot attacking Sharp but their players and coaching team were getting up to all kinds of shenanigans on the touch line winding up fans", so it's not a massive surprise when some fans react".

There has been plenty of time in the past when Jim White calls us "a massive club with huge support" or "a huge club who should be in the Premier League"
Where as Jordan has said this type of stuff about Sheff Wed but regards Sheff Utd the biggest praise I've heard him say is "they are a significant club". Where as regards Sheff Wed, he always gives praise regards the stature of the club and fans and regards Leeds United he always says one of the biggest clubs in England with the best fans and the Premier league isn't the same without Leeds.

It's as though Jordan has bad blood with Sheff Utd, never heard him say anything positive about us, apart from he liked Wilder and always said positive stuff about him (in the early days). When Wilder walked...he suddenly slagged off Wilder and became a big supporter of the Prince. Altho SJ is often more supportive of owners.
He talks with certainly on subjects he knows little about usually from an antognising or controversial angle just to get views. Just another narcissistic bell end

All reminds me of the famous Liverpool game of the intended to foul Gerrard penalty,I was listening to commentary on radio 5, Alan Green was the commentator,we were winning 1-0 and I couldn't understand why Green continually criticised the way we were playing, negative,just trying to protect the lead instead of being adventurous,then years later it all became clear when he was outed as a Liverpool fan,although he always denied it.

The guy is a full weight bell end. Why do people give a shit what wankers say about us
He is a bit - but it's his job basically to wind up. On the other hand his book "Careful what you wish for" is quite funny. Also I have a grudging respect for someone who made 50/70m or whatever and then blew the vast majority of it being the owner of the team he supported because he thought it would be fun and might please his dad.

Back
Top Bottom