Incoming? Chris O'Grady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hasn't COG's family moved back up north?..all set to go I reckon...

You're wearing a nice shirt today, mate....

When I was a journalist working on a PlayStation magazine our sister mag PC Gamer did a competition to give away a great PC. Since it was sponsored by the release of Doom the winner had to "scare us". The guy who won submitted photos of every member of the team leaving their house on the way to work.

Indeed, I remember the story the other way around as well with an interview with Ameobi in 442.

That's the one I remember. Ameobi was asked whether Sir Bobby had difficulty saying his name and he said he did. The reporter asked him what he called Ameobi and he said "Carl Cort".

From the Sky Sports Transfer Centre this morning at 10:39:

"Sheffield United are hoping to land Brighton striker Chris O'Grady at the second attempt, according to the Sun on Sunday. O'Grady performed well in a loan spell at Bramall Lane and the Seagulls are now prepared to let him go for a £200,000 fee."

From the Sky Sports Transfer Centre this morning at 10:39:

"Sheffield United are hoping to land Brighton striker Chris O'Grady at the second attempt, according to the Sun on Sunday. O'Grady performed well in a loan spell at Bramall Lane and the Seagulls are now prepared to let him go for a £200,000 fee."

Lets hope so, Brighton fans seem to have changed their tune about him, but as well as he is playing for them at the moment, doesn't alter the fact that he wants to return North. Lets hope nobody now nips in and steals him from under our nose.

yep playing up front now v arsenal makes me wonder if we are going for doyle ?

yep playing up front now v arsenal makes me wonder if we are going for doyle ?

The beard played the other day for Cardiff as well but he's ended up where he belongs :)

The itk'er on BM said the deal to bring COG to the Lane has been struck. Unless there's a U turn for whatever reason, then I think he'll arrive.

Aren't Brighton awaiting Micail-Smiths injury to get better before they will allow COG's departure? Also, COG's missus apparently wants out because she hasn't settled down there.

Doyle or Bradshaw with COG would be great business, but I can't see that happening tbh

Cog or someone of similar standard, plus a couple of nge players leaving would create a brilliant squad for this division and the champ.

Fingers crossed for next week. I'll echo another post though, whatever happens the club have my total backing with the ambition they have shown.

Last edited:

Put in right shift for Brighton today.

Got everything we need from a striker at this level.

He didn't seem that pleased to have scored.
Should we read something into that?

O'Grady played the full 90 mins I see, is it down to him now like the brayford move?

If it's true that he isn't happy living down south then perhaps he thought "shit, the gaffer might want me to stay now".

I read it is his partner whose not happy down there.
I can see why it's a reet beggar looking for the tripe shop in hove.

The beard played the other day for Cardiff as well but he's ended up where he belongs :)

The itk'er on BM said the deal to bring COG to the Lane has been struck. Unless there's a U turn for whatever reason, then I think he'll arrive.

Aren't Brighton awaiting Micail-Smiths injury to get better before they will allow COG's departure? Also, COG's missus apparently wants out because she hasn't settled down there.

Doyle or Bradshaw with COG would be great business, but I can't see that happening tbh
Makail Smith isn't injured now mate,he was on the bench today.I'm not sure myself whether we'll end up with him or not now,Hughton likes him and he's also playing him as the main man up top.I hope we get him,but unless we have someone like Diego as an option of the bench,i also hope we get another striker in aswell as COG.

Makail Smith isn't injured now mate,he was on the bench today.I'm not sure myself whether we'll end up with him or not now,Hughton likes him and he's also playing him as the main man up top.I hope we get him,but unless we have someone like Diego as an option of the bench,i also hope we get another striker in aswell as COG.

right wizadry. Looks like shit or bust time then

Great goal yesterday for him. Not sure why he played if he isn't in their plans.

Think this one will come down to the wire

Back
Top Bottom