Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1712476007926.png vs 1712476021943.png

Premier League Matchweek 32 - Sunday 7th April 2024 - 17:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.688/

Officials:

Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Darren England
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 08.49.03.png

Great day today.
Coming out of the ground after enjoying a game felt so good. Let's keep putting these perform, and keep the self belief going.

That's a strange way of looking at things. So today you wouldn't have played Bogle, Holgate, Osborne, BBD, McB, McAtee and Archer? Crazy. And Grbic is shit and needs dropping.

Ignored the second part of what i posted.

Who are the alternatives to Bogle, Holgate, Osborn, Brereton-Diaz, McBurnie, McAtee and Archer?

And of those alternatives, who were specifically signed in the last 6 months to be part of the future?
I’ll give you Curtis for Bogle.

Fucking fantastic Blades. Went toe to toe with a side stacked with players worth more than our entire squad, and arguably, if there was a side that deserved to win tonight, it was us.

I think on balance a draw was a fair result, but they could have had no complaints if we'd nicked it at the end.

Excellent team performance. Osborne superb, Arblaster showing why he is going to have a long and successful career, McB and BBD looking like a partnership.

Happiest I've felt coming out of the lane for a very long time. They all deserve praise and plaudits tonight.

Ignored the second part of what i posted.

Who are the alternatives to Bogle, Holgate, Osborn, Brereton-Diaz, McBurnie, McAtee and Archer?

And of those alternatives, who were specifically signed in the last 6 months to be part of the future?
I’ll give you Curtis for Bogle.
Surely on your faulty logic we should have started Curtis, Seriki, Brooks, Osula and One?

Considering Grbic is under contract next season, and Wes is not… why are fans clamouring for Wes to start the remainder of the games?
Realistically, we’re down.
Why waste appearance fees etc. on a player that will not be here in 2 months time?

You can argue the same about a lot of players, admittedly - but with a lot of them, there isn’t a viable alternative?
Are you pissed!?
Grbic is fucking diabolical!!
Hes possibly the worst keeper I've seen play for us! And we had Verrips!
Grbic should never wear the shirt again, id rather see Laroucci in goal than that Clown!
Wes or Davis should play, fuck contracts.
The best thing for the team and club are what matters, not a bit of paper.

Mcburnie dominated today, maybe the Prince was correct about players upping their game when their contracts are running out, same with Bogle and Osborn. What the Prince forgets is they are more likely to be trying to impress other clubs rather get another contract here
Don't think the pauper gets that!

Are you pissed!?
Grbic is fucking diabolical!!
Hes possibly the worst keeper I've seen play for us! And we had Verrips!
Grbic should never wear the shirt again, id rather see Laroucci in goal than that Clown!
Wes or Davis should play, fuck contracts.
The best thing for the team and club are what matters, not a bit of paper.
Well said👍

Cracking performance today once we realised that Chelsea were there to be attacked.

I thought we blew out after 60 mins but then got a 2nd wind with the subs. Amazing what bringing decent players on instead of making subs out of necessity can do for the later stages of the game.

I’d like to think this is us turning a corner but the coming weeks will show us that.

Osborn, Hamer and Arblaster pressed and harried well, whilst I don’t think Osborn is what we need in the Championship, he’s exactly the type of player we need in the PL.

McBurnie and BBD play very smartly together and would love to see them here next year as a pair.

Anel was much better and Robbo played well.

Well done Blades today.

Mcburnie dominated today, maybe the Prince was correct about players upping their game when their contracts are running out, same with Bogle and Osborn. What the Prince forgets is they are more likely to be trying to impress other clubs rather get another contract here

Were those players’ contracts running out just this week?

Should have kept the pigeons in net. Although it was Wes that scared them off

Oh also,

Gribic thought the zip on his coat was broken and he was stuck in it (Wes was taking the piss) but actually it was just a button stud at the top that was done up and he couldnt work it out.

He threw it to a lucky(?) kid who worked it out instantly 😆😆😆.

And,

I had some Irish mobile types, Chelsea fans, talking to me before the game.

Apparently away tickets were going for £400 (they paid £50 and £50 for adult/child in the end 😆)

Additional thought on VAR. If they make an utterly unnecessary check (even at full speed, there is no way McBurnie was offside for our equaliser, but the "officials" were desperate to try and find a reason to rule it out), the time should not be added on. We've seen time and time again how the "Sky 6" with their millions of quids' worth of subs, can score late, late goals, so all that check yesterday did was give Chelsea an extra 3 mins to try and win it, when in reality the check was not needed, and was a pathetic attempt to deny us a much-deserved point.

i thought that's the least we deserved. we were more than match for Chelsea for large periods. i worried that again for the 4th game we weren't going to get the points our performance deserved, they had 3 main chances switching off at the corner has cost us. & moment of magic the players that expensive should be able to produce

i thought after the 1st 10 mins,i was correct nothing to fear with Chelsea. when we got that final ball right. we could open Chelsea at ease as they are shaky at the back & who would've thought they would be the ones on counter at the end of the half

i worry for state of transfer market, 60m cucuerella cost & bogle got past him with ease & if 105m gets you enzo, what a waste of money. if that's the level Arblaster must be 100m as well. who has taken to the premier league like a duck to water. we needed a younger norwood & we have found him in the academy

i have to preface all the time because it just brutal nature of sport i i mean no ill to him & i will always be thankful to hecky as getting promotion under tough circumstances is huge. as alternative seems unthinkable. wilder has got us ending the season looking like a team looks capable of PL football which we didnt start the season with & i wish this was the start of the season not the end the last 2 games have been enjoyable for 1st time all season. what difference being decent makes instead of holding on & getting hammered

& also on another difference i dont know what wilder done to motivate these. its worked something hecky couldnt. 6-0 embarrassment arguably the lowest point of the season couldve destroyed these players in the same we never recovered from newcastle 8-0 but it has been the catalyst for arguably the best run of form we have seen all season

Back
Top Bottom